Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
original preview trailer from april 2000

joshua3

Nov 13 2007, 10:36pm

Post #1 of 11 (410 views)
Shortcut
original preview trailer from april 2000 Can't Post

does anyone know if/where the original preview trailer which was released in april 2000 is viewable?

I remember d/loading the LARGE version (which took well over an hour). I've not seen it since & am really curious to see it again?

anyone have it?

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 13 2007, 11:59pm

Post #2 of 11 (273 views)
Shortcut
Have you checked the FOTR TE DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there are trailers on the extras disc.

Kyriel
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2007, 12:30am

Post #3 of 11 (256 views)
Shortcut
possibly [In reply to] Can't Post

It was up at one time on the official LotR movie site, but I don't know if it's still there. Have you looked?

If you can't find it, and if you have a highspeed connection now, I think I could dig it up on my hard drive and try e-mailing it to you, though I don't know if my e-mail service would allow it. Let me know if you'd like me to try.

Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been. --Incubus

Urambo Tauro
Rivendell

Nov 14 2007, 12:59am

Post #4 of 11 (278 views)
Shortcut
Re: April 2000 TLotR Preview [In reply to] Can't Post

April 2000 preview... which one is this?
Is it the one that is like a behind-the-scenes look for the first half, and turns into more of a teaser-trailer? I think it ran for almost two minutes.

YouTube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FosxdUBWX-I
Is that the one?

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2007, 2:21am

Post #5 of 11 (244 views)
Shortcut
Depending on the size [In reply to] Can't Post

file transfer sites like YouSendIt.com are better than emails. These are not the places where everyone shares their audio files (like Napster). There are just places where one can transfer large files that emails can't handle. You can transfer w/o registering - but not terribly large files and to only a small number of downloads (which isn't an issue here) and you get more perks by registering. Paid accounts get the most perks but I am registered for a free account and it suits me fine. I use it quite a bit actually for personal and professional use.

You transfer in one of two ways:
put in the other person's email add and the site emails that person telling them where to pick up the file.
put in your own email add. The site tells you where to pick up the file and you copy that url (web address) and give that url to the person. The advantage with this option is that you can pass along the url by PM and the other person does not need to share their email and you don't need to share yours. I'll do this with people I don't know well. With people I do... I send it right to them. (it saves getting extra emails in your box)

joshua3

Nov 14 2007, 4:05am

Post #6 of 11 (265 views)
Shortcut
brillient [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
April 2000 preview...

YouTube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FosxdUBWX-I
Is that the one?

that's the one!

THANKS!!!

Elven
Valinor

Nov 14 2007, 8:20am

Post #7 of 11 (245 views)
Shortcut
Here are some also ... [In reply to] Can't Post

There are some great trailers on the The Fellowship of the Ring Theatrical DVD

Welcome to Middle-Earth Houghton & Miffin In-Store Special
Quest for the Ring: FOX TV Special
Passage To Middle Earth SCI-FI Channel Special
lord of the Rings.net Featurettes
Theatrical Trailers: (Look in this trailer for scenes that never made it onto either video, and the words, and the scenes like the water level as the boats go past the foot of the Argonath, The Elves etc ...)
Teaser One -
Teaser Two -
Final Trailer -

Enya May It Be Music Video
Special Extended DVD Edition Preview
Behind The Scenes Preview of The Two Towers
The Two Towers Video Game Preview by EA

Also the Making of Video - which is seperate again to the films ... I dont have a copy, but my local rental Store has them ...

Hope this helps ...

Elven

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

Elven
Valinor

Nov 14 2007, 8:23am

Post #8 of 11 (263 views)
Shortcut
OOOPs! ... [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry Magpie - I replied below - and yes, you're right, they are there!

Elven

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2007, 3:29pm

Post #9 of 11 (236 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

You provided much more useful info than 'You might want to look there'. If the OP hadn't found it already, I'm sure you're post would have been more helpful than mine. I figured mine was useful until someone provided more details, which you did. Details are good things. :-)

Urambo Tauro
Rivendell

Nov 14 2007, 11:02pm

Post #10 of 11 (229 views)
Shortcut
Re: April 2000 TLotR Preview [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that's the one!

THANKS!!!

Oh, good!
I have a large version saved on my computer; it's ~23 MB, or something like that, 604x272.

Luckily, I was able to track down where I downloaded it from! I got it from the German "DER HERR DER RINGE" site: http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/...faehrten-trailer.php (And, no- the preview isn't dubbed or subbed in Deutsch.)

It's an *.MPE file, wrapped up in a *.ZIP. Much better than that YouTube one, huh?
Enjoy!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 16 2007, 9:47pm

Post #11 of 11 (230 views)
Shortcut
...with a young, relatively svelte Peter Jackson! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fascinating. He apparently gained all that weight in the next few years, and his weight in current pictures seems about the same (though he's aged a good deal, no surprise).

Thanks for that!

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.