Instructions for ordering Map Prints - deadline October 12
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 10 2007, 2:18am

Post #126 of 195 (5328 views)
Shortcut
The prints are all ordered! [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel just sold prints #54 and #55, so ordering the prints is now closed. Posters are still available, though!

We'll keep this message up for a few days, then have it deleted. I'll keep a copy of the thread, though, for our scrapbook.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Nov 10 2007, 10:32pm

Post #127 of 195 (5323 views)
Shortcut
I didn't realize.... [In reply to] Can't Post

that everyone was reporting here once they received their maps! Blush I got mine last Tuesday, and it is indeed a beauty! And there I am, too, right between 2 other "A.E."s (Advising Elf and Alassëa Eruvande). A part of TOR.n history forever. Heart

And for Patty (? I think it's you), who is keeping track of everyone's print number, mine is 46.

This is so cool!! SmileSmile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 10 2007, 11:13pm

Post #128 of 195 (5292 views)
Shortcut
No worries! [In reply to] Can't Post

It wasn't announced or anything - it just sort of happened that way. Anyway, very glad to know you have yours and I've added you to the list. That makes 30 maps known to have arrived so far. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Patty
Immortal

Nov 11 2007, 12:56am

Post #129 of 195 (5282 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

You were among the very first, then.

For Gondor!

diedye
Grey Havens

Nov 11 2007, 8:44pm

Post #130 of 195 (5322 views)
Shortcut
I got mine yesterday... [In reply to] Can't Post

#40-something-or-other... wasn't really paying attention and I already put away somewhere to keep it out of reach of small hands. When I have a moment to myself, I'll pull it out and give it a through inspection. I was a little disappointed to find that it was creased in two places in the middle of the map... I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to merchandise I buy and hate that sort of thing, but it's beautiful enough that I think I can overlook it. Shame I have to keep it hidden away from dangerous fidgety fingers. Frown

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2007, 9:52pm

Post #131 of 195 (5274 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if the tube got smashed during the mailing - this is the first one I've heard that there's a problem. Hopefully it will frame up properly!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

diedye
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2007, 12:45am

Post #132 of 195 (5278 views)
Shortcut
The tube was fine... [In reply to] Can't Post

... my guess is the map was creased accidentally by whomever placed it in the tube.

Alnilam
Rivendell

Nov 13 2007, 7:23pm

Post #133 of 195 (5274 views)
Shortcut
51 of 55 <-- arrived today. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm soooo happy. :-)

Now I have to think of how to frame it.

My first piece of art. :-)

Alnilam's Realm
From the Old TORN Boards: Top 5 Browsers/OSs:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (1568)
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (890)
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98 (464)
4. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98 (175)
5. Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98 (136)

Patty
Immortal

Nov 13 2007, 8:42pm

Post #134 of 195 (5247 views)
Shortcut
Congrats, Alni! Especially since... [In reply to] Can't Post

you almost missed out. I'm so glad you are "among us!"

For Gondor!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2007, 1:55pm

Post #135 of 195 (5270 views)
Shortcut
Message from Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel suggested I post this. It's from an e-mail he sent:

I've been getting lots of Thank You emails from TORnSibs everywhere, and I've had a few looks at the threads on the messageboards. It all brings to mind the following (read "maps" for "invitations", and make a couple of other substitutions, and you'll get the picture):

'People became enthusiastic; and they began to tick off the days on the calendar; and they watched eagerly for the postman, hoping for invitations.

Before long the invitations began pouring out, and the Hobbiton post-office was blocked, and the Bywater post-office was snowed under, and voluntary assistant postmen were called for. There was a constant stream of them going up the Hill, carrying hundreds of polite variations on Thank you, I shall certainly come." '

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Morwen
Rohan

Nov 14 2007, 2:16pm

Post #136 of 195 (5285 views)
Shortcut
What a pefect quote! [In reply to] Can't Post

So perhaps I'll wait a while to send my thank-you email. I can imagine contacting Daniel next November: "I've been enjoying my map for a year now..." That might be more helpful than overflowing his inbox right now.

Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you; you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2007, 2:34pm

Post #137 of 195 (5260 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure there's no need to wait [In reply to] Can't Post

He seems to be enjoying this as much as we are, so you don't have to worry about flooding his inbox.

I love the quote - and I agree it's perfect!

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2007, 3:02pm

Post #138 of 195 (5251 views)
Shortcut
I think mine's here [In reply to] Can't Post

I got a notice in the mail yesterday that there was a parcel waiting for me at the post office. We live in a rural area and don't get door-to-door delivery, and anything too large for the mailboxes is held at the post office. I am asking my hubby to pick it up today for me because we are supposed to be going out of town tomorrow, and I don't want to wait 'til next week. Besides, I might have to work late today and won't get there in time.

Whoohooo!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 14 2007, 5:24pm

Post #139 of 195 (5254 views)
Shortcut
I think he might be waiting to hear [In reply to] Can't Post

that they've all arrived safely, so I think you shouldn't worry about emailing him. Judging by the responses we've all been getting, he's also having fun with this!

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

Patty
Immortal

Nov 14 2007, 7:08pm

Post #140 of 195 (5241 views)
Shortcut
Silverlode, thanks so much for keeping the edit going! [In reply to] Can't Post

still a few that haven't reported in...

For Gondor!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2007, 2:09am

Post #141 of 195 (5238 views)
Shortcut
It is here! #47 [In reply to] Can't Post

And it's more beautiful than I expected, even after all everyone said. I didn't want to touch it! I must get it framed asap ...

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2007, 2:45am

Post #142 of 195 (5241 views)
Shortcut
YAY! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is already at the framer. I pick it up in two weeks! I'll post a picture when it's on the wall.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 15 2007, 4:39pm

Post #143 of 195 (5228 views)
Shortcut
I haven't taken mine to be framed yet [In reply to] Can't Post

My two sons will be visiting this weekend, and they've teased me so often about being such a geek (and look who's talking, Mr. Fantasy Football and Mr. RPGamer!) that I want to show them that I have achieved the acme of geekitude!

I'm thinking a rust-red mat, to repeat the color shading the coastline, would look great, but we'll see what the frame-guy says -- he's done several things for us and is very good.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

River Woman
The Shire

Nov 19 2007, 6:51pm

Post #144 of 195 (5237 views)
Shortcut
Mine's # 49 of 55 ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you receive this Tongue

I am simply overjoyed. I will get it to the framers - just as soon as the torrential rains stop - can't get it wet now, can I?

Daniel's detailing is wonderful - I keep seeing new things each time I look - we are very, very honoured Tornsibs.

RW.

**** Far over the plain Éowyn saw the glitter of their spears, as she stood still, alone before the doors of the silent house. ***

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2007, 7:45pm

Post #145 of 195 (5207 views)
Shortcut
Glad to see the maps arriving in the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't it beautiful?

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Rivendweller
Lorien

Nov 19 2007, 8:28pm

Post #146 of 195 (5191 views)
Shortcut
That's perfect ! [In reply to] Can't Post

He does indeed seem to be a most wonderful person ! I will be e-mailing him my thanks shortly to let him know that # 17 of 55 arrived safe, unharmed and is still snug in its tube. I'm waiting until I move ( whenever that may be ! ) for framing.

The Map itself is a spectacular piece of art. I find myself handling the Map very delicately. It does bring tears to ones eyes to have it in your possession.

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

Patty
Immortal

Nov 19 2007, 8:28pm

Post #147 of 195 (5282 views)
Shortcut
Great! They are very beautiful... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so thankful to be a member of the TORn community at the time when this project was being done.

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Nov 19 2007, 8:29pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 20 2007, 10:09am

Post #148 of 195 (5198 views)
Shortcut
*applause!* That guys is such a geek! LOVE IT!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 20 2007, 10:14am

Post #149 of 195 (5200 views)
Shortcut
This is awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love watching the pieces and names all fill in as this spreads across the lands! FANTASTIC!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 22 2007, 3:27am

Post #150 of 195 (5194 views)
Shortcut
silneldor got #32 [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see his name here yet, so go ahead and add his in! He wrote: "Wow, what a piece of work...it is a marvelous thing to behold and own. It represents so much, the people who run and participate on TORn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.