Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Is anyone NOT going to watch The Hobbit film and/or hasnít watched the LOTR trilogy?

malickfan
Rohan

Dec 1 2012, 1:08pm

Views: 288
Shortcut
Is anyone NOT going to watch The Hobbit film and/or hasnít watched the LOTR trilogy? Can't Post

Although as a film fan I am certainly very, very excited by the upcoming release of the Hobbit, as a Huge fan of the bookís difference/ separateness to LOTR, I certainly donít feel quite as excited as I did three years ago (back in the days of a Frodoless, radagastless, zombie orcless, Older Thorin two film adaptationÖahh blissful ignorance) and an increasingly large part of me (though still very very small) is doubting whether I can enjoy the film as much as I want too with the massive amount of changes and additions to the book .

(I was introduced to Tolkien through the LOTR film trilogy and still love them as films, and adaptions- sure there are annoying things about it but I doubt anyone else would have been more faithful to book, if the Hobbit is slightly more fiafthful due to three films I'll be happy)

Anyway I was therefore wondering if anyone else had more extreme/ indifferent views towards watching the films. Though itís been a decade since the LOTR came out, some people I know havenít bothered watching the films much-and in some cases have never watched them at all (being massive book purists indifferent to adaptation), with over 8,000 registered users on TORN I was wondering if there is anyone indifferent who hasn't seen the films.

If so why havenít you/ arenít you going to watch any of PJís films? (I donít think Iíd have the will power not tooÖ)

Yeah I know quite a negative post this late in the game! But compoared to other forums I've vsited memebers of TORN seem to have very insightful, and wnderfully diverse opinions.

ĎAs they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ĎAll is now ready.í

Perhaps the most fascinating Individual in Middle Earth

Subject User Time
Is anyone NOT going to watch The Hobbit film and/or hasnít watched the LOTR trilogy? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Dec 1 2012, 1:08pm
    Haven't quite a few Ringers said they're indifferent towards the Hobbit Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Dec 1 2012, 2:50pm
    In the beginning grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 1 2012, 11:49pm
        THe Hobbit and LOTR sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Dec 4 2012, 1:08am
    I'll go see them for the same reason you will, but with the same reservations. squire Send a private message to squire Dec 3 2012, 5:11am
    I don't know yet Melilot Brandybock Send a private message to Melilot Brandybock Dec 5 2012, 9:04pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.