Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Is it bad...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 12:30am

Post #1 of 34 (860 views)
Shortcut
Is it bad... Can't Post

...that I cannot count how many times I've seen the LOTR EE documentaries? I wish other studios would take a page out the LOTR book (pun intended) and put in special features THIS in depth. It would make it more worth my money.

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide."

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 1:26am

Post #2 of 34 (414 views)
Shortcut
You're not alone. [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't tell you how many times I've popped in one of the disks, though it's been a very long time since I have.

It would be fantastic if other films were released with as much behind-the-scenes, but unfortunately I think companies put out the bare minimum.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 1:40am

Post #3 of 34 (392 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that my other favorite documentary that I really enjoyed (even though the movie sucked) was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide."

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 1:46am

Post #4 of 34 (389 views)
Shortcut
I love Phantom Menace// [In reply to] Can't Post

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 2:09am

Post #5 of 34 (386 views)
Shortcut
Meh... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I could have done without Jar Jar lol

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 2:20am

Post #6 of 34 (391 views)
Shortcut
I don't think he's that bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

Certainly not any more annoying than Chewbacca.

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 2:37am

Post #7 of 34 (381 views)
Shortcut
To each... [In reply to] Can't Post

...his and her own ;-)

Oh, did I mention that I'm watching the TTT EE documentary now? See?

Addicted...

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 3:02am

Post #8 of 34 (375 views)
Shortcut
Which part? [In reply to] Can't Post

Im rather fond of the script writing documentaries.

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 3:19am

Post #9 of 34 (365 views)
Shortcut
Been there... [In reply to] Can't Post

...now I'm on the part on the creation of Smeagol/Gollum. Makes for good background noise as I write lol

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 3:21am

Post #10 of 34 (353 views)
Shortcut
What do you write?// [In reply to] Can't Post

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 3:26am

Post #11 of 34 (365 views)
Shortcut
I'm currently... [In reply to] Can't Post

...working on finishing my first book that will be released next week via eBook. I describe it as "Lord of The Rings meets Harry Potter with a dash of The Hunger Games."

PM me if you want to know more. I don't want to upset Altaire :-/

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 1 2012, 4:33am

Post #12 of 34 (384 views)
Shortcut
You are not alone [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't count how many times I have seen them either.
Sometimes when I feel like watching one of the films but I don't have time, or I'm too tired to go the distance, I will put a 'making of' DVD on instead. I never get sick of them.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Dec 1 2012, 6:23am

Post #13 of 34 (342 views)
Shortcut
If it's wrong, I don't want to be right :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the documentaries as well as the commentaries. I think they are all really well done. The only thing wrong with that is that they've spoiled me. I expect all movies, TV shows on DVD to have the same quality documentaries and commentaries.

Beyond simply being interesting from a LOTR movie fan stand point, I find them quite inspiring. It's great seeing everyone working together, doing something they love on a project they are passionate about.

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 1 2012, 6:31am

Post #14 of 34 (384 views)
Shortcut
*Like* // [In reply to] Can't Post

malickfan
Gondor

Dec 1 2012, 1:13pm

Post #15 of 34 (314 views)
Shortcut
Good Luck. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds interesting (big fan of Potter, didn't like Hunger Gmaes-but I only saw the film) I wish I had the patience to sit down and write a whole story.

I've probably seen the LOTR extras more times than the films

‘As they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ‘All is now ready.’

Perhaps the most fascinating Individual in Middle Earth

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 1 2012, 2:33pm

Post #16 of 34 (338 views)
Shortcut
Nothing obsessive about Tolkien is bad! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 1 2012, 3:07pm

Post #17 of 34 (321 views)
Shortcut
clearly you didn't take that Telegraph article to heart! [In reply to] Can't Post

;-p

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Dec 1 2012, 3:08pm

Post #18 of 34 (316 views)
Shortcut
They're the extras to end all extras [In reply to] Can't Post

Almost as good as the movie itself.

And I'm almost looking towards watching the Hobbit extras as much as the movie. Cool

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 3:16pm

Post #19 of 34 (341 views)
Shortcut
Sounds very interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the Hunger Games. Absolutely phenomenal books. Good luck with finishing it!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 1 2012, 7:03pm

Post #20 of 34 (316 views)
Shortcut
Hehe. No I didn't. [In reply to] Can't Post

I just needed a good old moan yesterday, and appeared on my screen at the wrong time.Wink

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 7:25pm

Post #21 of 34 (305 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sounds interesting (big fan of Potter, didn't like Hunger Gmaes-but I only saw the film) I wish I had the patience to sit down and write a whole story.

I've spent 2 years outlining the whole series and the last year writing the book. It's been a long haul but judging from the responses I've gotten so far I'm very encouraged. And the only way it relates to The Hunger Games is the dystopic nature of the story.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 7:55pm

Post #22 of 34 (297 views)
Shortcut
Dystopian books are amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm excited to read it. You'll have to let us know when it's all finished.

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 1 2012, 8:12pm

Post #23 of 34 (310 views)
Shortcut
7 chapters... [In reply to] Can't Post

...are now online for free and the whole book will be out this Friday on Kindle. PM if you want to know exactly where or you can Google Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric. Like I said, I don't want to make any moderators mad by posting up links lol

But here's the question I asked myself when I started writing:

"What if Middle-earth evolved from a quasi-medieval world into a technological world?"

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 1 2012, 8:59pm

Post #24 of 34 (369 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds interesting to me. I'll look into it more when this semester is over and I have a little extra time Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 2 2012, 8:44am

Post #25 of 34 (404 views)
Shortcut
Same here. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The only thing wrong with that is that they've spoiled me. I expect all movies, TV shows on DVD to have the same quality documentaries and commentaries.

No other DVD extras have measured up - although the Underworld extras do a pretty good job of bringing you right into the movie-making.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.