Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Fly you fools, to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 5:54pm

Post #26 of 89 (151 views)
Shortcut
Hang in there, DLB [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at all the Hobbit fun as a reward for getting through your work! I hope your weekend isn't at all "meh" Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 5:54pm

Post #27 of 89 (152 views)
Shortcut
Good luch, Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it *must* be my good looks, lol. Crazy

Speaking of good looks, no speedos for the race? Awwww. FrownWink

Stay warm and run fast!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 5:56pm

Post #28 of 89 (159 views)
Shortcut
History is made [In reply to] Can't Post

I made it before self-serve! Only because I woke up at the ridiculous time of 6am on a Saturday morning. What was I thinking?
Lots of coffee for me, please. I have a mountain of work to get through this weekend. Gearing up for the end of the school year means extra work just when I feel least interested in doing it. Crazy

And congratulations, Altaira. That is great news. Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 5:56pm

Post #29 of 89 (149 views)
Shortcut
Williamsburg was just lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

This is our favorite time of year, with the cold weather and the leaves in such beautiful colors. This time around we were just tourists, although I did have a nice chat with the manager of the Visitor Center bookstore, who remembered me. Very nice man, but then, I've never met anyone working for Colonial Williamsburg who isn't pleasant and intelligent.

Have a great weekend, dernwyn!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 5:59pm

Post #30 of 89 (139 views)
Shortcut
Good luck you 3! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the weather is invigorating rather than, well, inclement. But I imagine you're more accustomed to chill and wet than we are here in Texas, where it's still warm and way too dry.

When we get ready to switch out our carpet for flooring, will you come and help?

Have a great weekend, sil!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #31 of 89 (146 views)
Shortcut
Haha! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I am still hoping to see a *manned* Mars mission within my lifetime, so by all means let's try it, LOL! :D

Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, too, Lily! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Nov 30 2012, 6:00pm)

Auxerre
Bree

Post #32 of 89 (149 views)
Shortcut
A DRC, please....and MAJOR congrats!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Outstanding news, Altaira, particularly since your clients came with. With an established customer base, you are very well-positioned for success, and I wish you heaps of success!!

I'd like a DRC, please, and if Annael happens to show up, send a DRC her way, with my compliments.

Hope you are doing well! Would love you see you -- who knows, maybe one of these days!!!

Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slayer_Of_Orcs
The Shire

Post #33 of 89 (145 views)
Shortcut
Congrats Altaira ... [In reply to] Can't Post

From an older TORN member but infrequent visitor ... here's to you (you're living my dream now) and here's to the Hobbit premier ... wish I could have been there.

A pint of Draught if you please and a blooming onion for those around me.

They are coming ...

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 6:00pm

Post #34 of 89 (143 views)
Shortcut
Coffee, the wonder drug [In reply to] Can't Post

It's amazing how a nice cup of coffee will lift the spirits. And in your part of the world, you can get a flat white, my favorite cup of coffee ever.

I hope the rest of the school year goes smoothly for you and soon you'll be able to kick back and enjoy The Hobbit. Smile

T_Meyers
Bree

Nov 30 2012, 6:01pm

Post #35 of 89 (146 views)
Shortcut
I'm off... [In reply to] Can't Post

...from the day job this weekend but I'll still be working. Gotta get my book in shape for the release next week. Productive weekend ahead!

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide."

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 6:05pm

Post #36 of 89 (135 views)
Shortcut
Cheers [In reply to] Can't Post

Although black and strong is my choice. I think flat whites are yucky!
Whatever the preference, caffeine definitely helps to get things going. Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 6:05pm

Post #37 of 89 (164 views)
Shortcut
Too funny, Starling [In reply to] Can't Post

Waking up early on a weekend is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you do tend to get more done. On the other hand, the pillow is calling you back. Lol.

May your motivation return and last through the end of the year! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 6:08pm

Post #38 of 89 (142 views)
Shortcut
Well, hello there! [In reply to] Can't Post

How nice to see you here for Fiesta! And, yes, it would be fantastic to see you at one of the various upcoming events. The Oscar Party will be the next trip for BG and I. It would be grand if you could make it. Smile

One DRC now and one waiting in the wings for Annael (now, if I could only remember or work out what a DRC is, lol Crazy).

*hugs* Heart

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 6:09pm

Post #39 of 89 (132 views)
Shortcut
It definitely comes in pints! [In reply to] Can't Post

*slides one down the bar to Slayer_of_Orcs. It's nice to see you here, especially for Fiesta!

Thanks for the congrats and enjoy your weekend! Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 6:14pm

Post #40 of 89 (137 views)
Shortcut
Well, there are compensations [In reply to] Can't Post

Hanging out here being one of them!
I quite often wake up super early on Saturday, because I am still in 'work-mode'. I always tell myself I will have a lovely sleep on the couch in the sun in the afternoon. Although it never happens, the idea of it is comforting somehow. Cool

12 days of school to go...

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 6:24pm

Post #41 of 89 (152 views)
Shortcut
** Puts out 'self-serve' sign. free drinks all weekend - have a great one! // [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughHeartSmile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 30 2012, 7:34pm

Post #42 of 89 (143 views)
Shortcut
Congrats Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds super exciting! Smile

Wasn't the live-streaming of the premiere fantastic? It was a great way to be able to enjoy the festivities without the being able to be there. I hope they live-stream the next two!

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 8:33pm

Post #43 of 89 (139 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations on the business! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is very exciting!

I'm looking forward to going to see Acoustic Eidolon at the local theater tonight. Other than that, no big plans for the weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Nov 30 2012, 8:34pm)

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 9:24pm

Post #44 of 89 (123 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a great achievement.

It's the 1st December here, and a lovely mild day. The grass is getting away on us - the sheep are not keeping up with it!

December means The Hobbit opens *this* month!

We've just put our Christmas tree up. No broken decorations, and the lights work! Amazing.

I had my own small moment of professional delight this week: one of New Zealand's largest-circulation magazines (for locals: it's The Listener) ran a column inviting Kiwi writers and reviewers to talk about their picks of books in 2012. An historian whom I'm a huge fan of recommended mine! To be recognised in my own country is a huge thrill.

Time for that next coffee...

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 9:40pm

Post #45 of 89 (126 views)
Shortcut
That's fantastic news! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations, Kimi! I'll run out and get a copy of that Listener issue.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 10:22pm

Post #46 of 89 (103 views)
Shortcut
*Blinks* [In reply to] Can't Post

In all my years on TORn, I think I've made it before self-serve three times. :) And once was at 3 a.m. when sleep had utterly deserted me.

Good luck with getting through the work, Starling!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 30 2012, 10:27pm

Post #47 of 89 (105 views)
Shortcut
Three times [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that is impressive. I am going to see if I can catch up with you.
I will start a training programme immediately. Crazy

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 1 2012, 3:22am

Post #48 of 89 (121 views)
Shortcut
Wow--your own business! Wow to the Premier!! Wow to Weta and so many newbies joining us :D WOW! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've waited so many years and gone through so much to get to "this week". The Hobbit finally has happened thanks to Peter Jackson's relentlessness. Even when he convinced himself he didn't want to direct it there for a little while... even that miraculously came around to such a satisfying and happy outcome. Here we are :) Together for Fiesta... celebrating the first of 3 Hobbit films... and I'm so proud that we stuck with Peter through it all.

And talk about relentlessness! A massive WOW for your achievement, Altaira. I'll bet you thought about doing this so many times. What guts to just go for it and lay your path for the past year. You've built this new life... and it looks so good on you! No one deserves it more, m'dear. I'm so happy for you! Well Done!!

TWO GOLD STARS!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 1 2012, 3:29am

Post #49 of 89 (110 views)
Shortcut
Four wows in your post title [In reply to] Can't Post

and a bonus extra in the post itself.
WOW! Cool
Gramma, you are a treasure. I love your enthusiasm and bright outlook - you always make my day. X

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 1 2012, 3:49am

Post #50 of 89 (91 views)
Shortcut
*sisterly hug* You are a treasure, Magpie... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know you're happy about you sons' success, and their success has so much to do with you and Mr. Magpie's love. Those boys know they can always count on you. You are their safe place. The change is hard and so clear... inevitable... but a blessing, too. Your relationships will be different, but better in so many ways. That you have such a great time with your boys, and them with you, is so great. I'm happy that you each have that!

And how much you must have been scrambling the past couple of weeks would be nearly impossible to calculate! Thank you for all you do for us :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.