Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What movies did you watch this weekend?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 27 2012, 12:50pm

Post #26 of 34 (141 views)
Shortcut
The Lorax! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another animated film for us ... it's becoming a reccuring theme ...

I wasn't paying much attention to it. Seemed good though. Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Nov 27 2012, 12:52pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 27 2012, 4:20pm

Post #27 of 34 (121 views)
Shortcut
her reason (spoiler) [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, he was a loose cannon, which is why

she traded him for six other agents who'd been captured.

She also made the call for Eve to shoot even if she might hit Bond. It reminds me of the concept that "Star Trek" often brought up, that you can't be the captain unless you are able to make the call to sacrifice one or more crewpersons to save the rest. Same thing happens in "Master & Commander." Yes, if you're the person sacrificed, you would probably be bitter, but from her point of view it was the best option.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Nov 27 2012, 4:24pm)

imin
Valinor

Nov 27 2012, 4:50pm

Post #28 of 34 (136 views)
Shortcut
ah ok [In reply to] Can't Post

forgot about that, i thought she just kinda let him get captured and didnt try and rescue him.

Makes more sense now, lol.

really enjoyed Skyfall, for me it is one of the best bond films. About a million times better than QoS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 29 2012, 3:04am

Post #29 of 34 (109 views)
Shortcut
Last weekend... 7 Hallmark made-4-tv movies :} [In reply to] Can't Post

I spent the weekend with my BEEEEEautiful 91yo Mom. She really like the Hallmark movie channel. *respectfully pauses* omg...

BUT, then I came home! I finally sat and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MInd for the first time in about 2 years... and I was instantly reminded why I love it. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan, but he does an amazing job in this film. Kate Winslett (fantastic!), Mark Ruffalo, Kirsten Dunst, Elijah Wood... a great cast! But the story, filming and editing are great! You have to pay attention as there are many things going on at the same time, but the concept is intriguing. I think it's one of the best love stories I've ever seen. I really love this film!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Patty
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 7:52am

Post #30 of 34 (123 views)
Shortcut
I agree. This is a very good series./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Permanent address: Into the West

Patty
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 8:28am

Post #31 of 34 (183 views)
Shortcut
Downton Abbey series 3 (I actually watch it a couple of weeks ago, but I'm behind in posting) [In reply to] Can't Post

very enjoyable. No spoilers, see? But seriously, don't go on twitter or youtube...there is massive potential for spoilage of a major plot point.

I had my girlfriend over and she and Mr. Patty and I had tea (well, brandy alexanders and tea time food) and watched the first episode. She left, cause she had to get home to let the dog out, then Mr. Patty and I finshed it. I mean, who could wait on her? I'll be FORCED to watch it again with her because, like me, she didn't want to wait till it comes to the States, but unlike me she doesn't have a region 2 DVD player.Angelic

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Nov 30 2012, 3:08pm

Post #32 of 34 (111 views)
Shortcut
*hyperventilates* [In reply to] Can't Post

Ack! I've just been organizing a You Tube play list of the DA soundtrack to tide me over. Laugh

You're so lucky that Mr. Patty will watch it with you. I've begged Mr. Eruvande to watch it, but he won't. Frown

About those spoilers...have you seen anything about everyone's favorite heir returning for a fourth season????

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Patty
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 10:21pm

Post #33 of 34 (115 views)
Shortcut
Check your PMs , A.E. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm trying hard not to give too much away. Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.