Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
'The Colbert Report' will host 4 Hobbit-themed shows

Chopsta123
Gondor

Nov 30 2012, 2:13am

Post #1 of 9 (904 views)
Shortcut
'The Colbert Report' will host 4 Hobbit-themed shows Can't Post

Guests will include:

Ian McKellan (Dec. 3),
Martin Freeman (Dec. 4)
Andy Serkis (Dec. 6),
and
Peter Jackson (Dec. 5).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/the-colbert-report-hobbit-tolkien-themed-week/

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 2:17am

Post #2 of 9 (311 views)
Shortcut
Really!!??!! :D That's GREAT! [In reply to] Can't Post

He is such a HUGE fan! I'm delighted that he's got such a fabulous lineup! Thanks for the heads-up! :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 2:20am

Post #3 of 9 (327 views)
Shortcut
I've moved this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

because it could go on Main or Movie: Hobbit - but on Main it won't get buried within half a day.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 30 2012, 4:19am

Post #4 of 9 (255 views)
Shortcut
fwiw: I'd love to see similar threads on this subtopic... [In reply to] Can't Post

of actors/directors appearing on tv shows.. go on Main where they will linger longer.

I'll add a couple of pieces of info:

There was the story on TORn's Home Page about Anderson Cooper's program Anderson Live.
http://www.theonering.net/...t-live-in-nyc-dec-4/
He will be interviewing cast members on Dec 4 and you can get tickets (if there are any left). I don't think it's airing that day (which begs the question, 'Live'?). And it doesn't show up on Zap2It's list of upcoming shows for him.

Live! With Kelly and Michael
Mon 12/3 : Ian McKellen
Wed 12/5 : Elijah Wood

And, on the Today Show, I heard a promo for Rock Center With Brian Williams that Ann Curry was going to interview Peter Jackson but I didn't catch the date and it's not showing up on any the listings, yet.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

zarabia
Grey Havens

Nov 30 2012, 5:47am

Post #5 of 9 (222 views)
Shortcut
I usually watch Colbert anyway, but I'll be extra sure to watch. Thanks for the heads up! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Hobbit_Poet

Nov 30 2012, 7:11am

Post #6 of 9 (250 views)
Shortcut
In response to this news, [In reply to] Can't Post

I suffered what I consider to be the appropriate number of spasms. I was hoping for at least one night of "Hobbit"-themed goodness; a week is better. I knew I loved that man!

He must be thrilled that he has his own show during this trilogy's release. It must have killed him to watch Jon get all the good interviews last time around! (Even if Viggo was nice enough to send Stephen some chocolatey goodness when he appeared on "The Daily Show." Did anyone else love that audio clip of Stephen explaining Aragorn's lineage?)

I wish I was in New York! I would pay to see Stephen fangirl all over Sir Ian on Monday. I hope he doesn't disappoint me (though he couldn't possibly).

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life but when to spare one."

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 30 2012, 8:37pm

Post #7 of 9 (116 views)
Shortcut
Being in the studio audience [In reply to] Can't Post

for one of these episodes would be fan-tastic.

(By the way, Hobbit_Poet, welcome to TORN!)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Hobbit_Poet

Dec 1 2012, 1:43am

Post #8 of 9 (99 views)
Shortcut
FAN-tastic is right! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! I've been a member for a little while. . .just a really, really quiet member.

I just grabbed this off of TCR's Facebook page. Such a great title for the week!

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life but when to spare one."

Attachments: colbert_pundit.jpg (37.7 KB)

Chopsta123
Gondor

Dec 1 2012, 2:50pm

Post #9 of 9 (150 views)
Shortcut
Genious! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.