Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Mc Kellenīs message on the premiere (spoiler)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 2:46pm

Post #1 of 12 (2541 views)
Shortcut
Mc Kellenīs message on the premiere (spoiler) Can't Post

Am I wrong or did he say that like in the end of the movie Gandalf sets off to some bussines, and so he was like Gandalf away (but in this case in the UK). So:

1- Does Gandalf leave the ocmpany at mirkwood, so the films ends there? (I dont think so)

2- He levaes the aerie before the comapny looking for Beorn wile keeping the company safe?

My english is not perfect but I understood that, can anyone tell me if this is right?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 28 2012, 2:54pm

Post #2 of 12 (1048 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

there is a book the film is based on, you may find some answers in there to hints in the film ;)

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 28 2012, 2:59pm

Post #3 of 12 (1035 views)
Shortcut
What is this statement from McKellen? [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen it anywhere.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 3:10pm

Post #4 of 12 (998 views)
Shortcut
Well when all the cast is on the stage ... [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ says that there is a message from someone that was unable to be there, and so Ian appear on a screen and says these words

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 28 2012, 3:28pm

Post #5 of 12 (954 views)
Shortcut
There are at least two moments in AUJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... where Gandalf leaves the company for some other business based on the book before Mirkwood. Perhaps there are even more in the movie.. who knows yet except of the cast, crew and the few people at the premiere Tongue

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 28 2012, 3:36pm

Post #6 of 12 (860 views)
Shortcut
It was in the streaming of the premiere.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the official speeches outside the cinema. Peter Jackson introduced various members of the cast and as Ian McKellen couldn't be there because he's doing something here in the UK they played a filmed greeting from him.

He said something along the lines of just as Gandalf kept being somewhere else when the dwarves needed him, so he was somewhere else now - in London - but honestly, I don't think it was a spoiler or pointer to anything in particular about the films. Just a remark about the story, which we already know.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 3:36pm

Post #7 of 12 (885 views)
Shortcut
Well Iīm not saying... [In reply to] Can't Post

That I donīt know where on the story this happens, I have read te book several times, but Iīm wondering if this split between Gandalf and the company will be shown in AUJ, because it sounded to me that he was not refering to the first split at Trollshaws

librarygirl

Nov 28 2012, 3:41pm

Post #8 of 12 (860 views)
Shortcut
Link [In reply to] Can't Post

to Peter Jackson speech - Ian McKellen's video is near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/...k9_VS-YG-Ngr1rkqi6cA

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 28 2012, 3:41pm

Post #9 of 12 (823 views)
Shortcut
Time will tell! [In reply to] Can't Post

The film is days away now.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 3:48pm

Post #10 of 12 (783 views)
Shortcut
thankyou so much lirarygirl! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Tim
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 5:30pm

Post #11 of 12 (619 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link! // [In reply to] Can't Post

-Tim came by. Tim! If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.

The Preciousss
Bree

Nov 29 2012, 2:52pm

Post #12 of 12 (469 views)
Shortcut
I wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

who that special dwarf is that Ian talks to (almost lovingly;))

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.