Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New poster on Tumblr
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 10:09am

Post #26 of 36 (225 views)
Shortcut
Looks ,Extravagant! [In reply to] Can't Post

like a manga poster, for some reason.Awesome, though.Wink

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 26 2012, 10:25am

Post #27 of 36 (220 views)
Shortcut
Don't wanna get hopes up, but this could mean [In reply to] Can't Post

That a new trailer is coming up... usually an official "theatrical" poster is released a week or so before a trailer, and this looks pretty darned official. Once we see this badboy in English I think we can start expecting a new trailer. (or maybe an exclusive Japanese trailer will be released soon?)

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Nov 26 2012, 10:29am)

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 26 2012, 3:58pm

Post #28 of 36 (144 views)
Shortcut
I actually dont like it at all, [In reply to] Can't Post

why is the Ring featured so prominently? the story is not about the Ring. I also dont recognize Cate Blanchett, she looks weird. and 2 Thorins? nope not my cup of Sake. sorry.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 26 2012, 7:03pm

Post #29 of 36 (106 views)
Shortcut
Things I don't like and things I like [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I mainly like this poster... there are several things which let me hope that this is just the Japanese movie poster:

I don't like:

1) It's a bit too colorful (I hope it's because this is the Japanese poster and their movie posters are often more colourful than American or European ones)
2) Thorin is featured twice... why? He is important, yes... It's ok if he gets a bigger image than the other dwarves, but why the hell is he with them too?
3) Just two trolls? Where is the third one?
4) Gollum looks a bit... well unfit... you know? I like this shot of him but it's not made for a official poster

I am not sure of:
1) Why is the One Ring so prominent in Bilbos hand with this bright light like it's the centre of all? It's not LOTR! And why is the One Ring featured TWICE?

I do like:
1) Almost everything else. The shots of Galadriel and Gandalf especially. I like the trolls (except the fact that one is missing) and Radagast being part of the poster and I can live with these characters on the official poster but please change a little for the European/American poster. Thanks! Wink

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 7:44pm

Post #30 of 36 (97 views)
Shortcut
Too Much Ring for me// [In reply to] Can't Post

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 7:55pm

Post #31 of 36 (86 views)
Shortcut
Is it not the main plot of the first film? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd say the same if the Ring was so prominent in the DOS or the TABA posters. Is it fitting for the plot of the first film?

Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 7:58pm

Post #32 of 36 (83 views)
Shortcut
Could be... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just think the journey is more important to the plot than the ring of unknown origin. It seems a lot like a copy of the FOTR poster, almost fan made to me. But who am I to judge.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 8:01pm

Post #33 of 36 (82 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I agree with this [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I just think the journey is more important to the plot than the ring of unknown origin.

Smile

To be honest, I didn't think anything of the Ring when I first saw the poster. "Is it December 13th yet?" Was my first thought.

Wink

totoro
Lorien

Nov 27 2012, 6:13am

Post #34 of 36 (40 views)
Shortcut
Better the ring than a talking purse [In reply to] Can't Post

[Ducks]

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 27 2012, 8:18am

Post #35 of 36 (79 views)
Shortcut
There just keeping him hidden, until the release of the film. [In reply to] Can't Post

The purse is a pretty hefty spoiler that they wouldn't want leaking!

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Nov 27 2012, 4:45pm

Post #36 of 36 (23 views)
Shortcut
He made it in The Two Twowers theatrical poster [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless you're just talking about The Hobbit of course, in which case just ignore me!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.