Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Winners and Comic-Con 2012 Coverage
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 2:03pm

Post #126 of 209 (5301 views)
Shortcut
Through the Storms! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only power issues during the hurricane. This snowstorm we got hit with didn't help either. The move to my apt has also been delayed due to all of this. How have you been?

My school got hit so bad that the remainder of the semester might take place online. Not sure if Thorin and Co or The Fellowship got hit with the likes of these storms! lol

Did you take those pics of the figures and finish your review? Would be great to enlighten our fellow fans.

The Lego version of Nori looks pretty cool! I can't wait to get the LOTR Lego video game!

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 2:08pm

Post #127 of 209 (5391 views)
Shortcut
Unreal [In reply to] Can't Post

Y'all on the east are getting slammed. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Damn! Though being able to do class online isn't a bad thing. lol

Pictures are going to get done this weekend. I will then add little thoughts of my own but I think your review will be the large chunk of the review.

I know! Next week finally get to play this game. Can't wait :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 11 2012, 4:44pm

Post #128 of 209 (5348 views)
Shortcut
ETA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, man! Appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers.

This is true. lol It's my last semester though. Would have been nice to see everyone before it ended.

Sounds GREAT! Do we have an ETA on the review's completion and publication?

Whoohoo! lol

Are you off for the holiday tomorrow? I actually got selected for jury duty. It starts on Tuesday.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 11 2012, 4:52pm

Post #129 of 209 (5306 views)
Shortcut
This week [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem at all. :)

Got ya. Yeah, that would be nice.

This week. Will snap a few pics and some quick thoughts. It's raining today so no pics but I'm on it this week. lol

I know. :)

Nope gotta go teach. Thanksgiving day break is next week though.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 12 2012, 2:51pm

Post #130 of 209 (5576 views)
Shortcut
May the Dwarves Be With You! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Elessar! How was your weekend?

Sounds good. Please let me know when you post our review.

Bummer! I hope work goes fast for you today!

I read in an article that we might not see Wave 2 from Bridge Direct until February or March? Yikes!

The May the Dwarves Be With You t-shirt is pretty cool. lol

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 12:40am

Post #131 of 209 (5192 views)
Shortcut
And to you [In reply to] Can't Post

It was good. Went and saw skyfall which was pretty good.

Will do, :)

It's been a quick week but the kids are crazy.

Yeah, I hate waiting but we have a lot of product coming to keep us busy. so that helps.

It is. I like it so I might have to pick it up.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 9:53pm

Post #132 of 209 (5407 views)
Shortcut
Busy is Good [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice! I heard that film was pretty intense.

Thanks!

I'm glad it's a quick week. Next week too.

Busy is good. Gives guys like me more to read. lol

TBD needs to release some new figures, hopefully before Christmas. Once the film debuts is December, I would imagine sales to rise quite a bit.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 19 2012, 12:40am

Post #133 of 209 (5590 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, glad this upcoming week is gonna be short. I could use a break.

Speaking of reading I will be doing some of that with ROTK this week.

Yeah, we need some more stuff coming from them. What they've done is great so we need more.

The review is ready. I will set it up to post tomorrow. Have to work on something else the rest of the night. :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 19 2012, 12:59pm

Post #134 of 209 (5184 views)
Shortcut
Oliphants Attack! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Elessar! How was your weekend? Ditto on the short break. lol What's up for Thanksgiving?

ROTK - I still remember seeing the oliphants on the big screen. Legolas was cool cool when he took down those Haradrim.

Agreed. I'd like to see some improvements from TBD though. The detail is great, but it would be great if they could work on the restrictions on articulation caused by the figures' attire. Everyone can't stand upright in battle! lol

Whoohoo! I'm looking fwd to reading it.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 21 2012, 8:21pm

Post #135 of 209 (5151 views)
Shortcut
Happy Thanksgiving! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Thanksgiving, Elessar!

Just a quick note for the holiday (-:

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 22 2012, 5:53am

Post #136 of 209 (5245 views)
Shortcut
Happy Thanksgiving [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Turkey Day to you as well. I hope the day treats you all great. :)

The review has been posted and its all you. :) Very nice job. :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 23 2012, 1:31pm

Post #137 of 209 (5247 views)
Shortcut
Kudos to Us! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar! I hope you got your gobble gobble on yesterday. I'm still stuffed! lol I actually explained the tales of The Hobbit and LOTR to some of my cousins last night. I felt like a professor teaching history. lol

I saw the review and it looks AWESOME! Thanks so much for helping out and for giving me this amazing opportunity. It was an honor taking on this most enjoyable task and I really appreciate you entrusting me to do so. You're a great friend.

Waiting for TBD Wave 2 to come out has me on edge. I'm excited to know that there will be a Nori figure, and 1 of a Stone Troll, and Azog, but it's such a tease making them available for pre order so early. lol

Have a wonderful weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 23 2012, 11:26pm

Post #138 of 209 (5476 views)
Shortcut
All u :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday to you as well. :) I did and I still am as well. That's awesome! I love talking about this and explaining it to people who I think might be interested.

It did comes out real nice. You did a really good job and I appreciate you taking this on and doing it. You're a great friend as well. :rock

Yeah, I'd like to see a preview of wave 2. Especially with the movie coming out a little preview would do lots of good.

U 2 :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 1:29pm

Post #139 of 209 (5364 views)
Shortcut
Gimli, but Younger [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, dude! How was your weekend?

Telling the tale of The Hobbit or LOTR always makes me feel like I was there. Wish I was! lol

Thanks, man!

Seriously! I wonder who will be in Wave 2? We already know that Nori, the Stone Troll, and Azog are in there. I'd like to see Thror, Thrian, and Dain Ironfoot. It would be pretty cool if we got a Gimli. Even though he wasn't in Thorin and Company, we may see a younger version of him in the film.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 27 2012, 2:32am

Post #140 of 209 (5145 views)
Shortcut
Rudolph [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey! It was pretty good. Good food and times with family. I also went and saw the Red Dawn remake which was pretty fun. Only down part was I picked up a nasty cold and my nose right now could lead Santa. lol

I hear ya. :rock

No problem. :)

Well, we know that the rest of the Dwarves have to be in it plus the stuff you mentioned. I would also think the Yanzeg figure that has been released in Europe will also be in there. Those three might be especially with any kind of a prologue sequence but that could be a movie three trio type thing. I also would think we'll see more of the Goblins, Orcs, Eagles, etc that will show up in film one. Its possible but I doubt they do that since he doesn't appear to have any kind of a role in the movies.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 27 2012, 3:31pm

Post #141 of 209 (5323 views)
Shortcut
Catch Your Nose! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm still in the process of moving into my new place. At least the tv is functional. lol

There is something going around. I would advise trying Theraflu. There is a powder form that you add to hot water. It's just like drinking warm tea and it helps clear you up. For the evening, Nyquil gets me to sleep when I'm ill.

A prologue three pack of the 3 kings would be BOSS! I'd like to see the Lord of the Eagles and Gandalf sold as a beast pack. A goblin army builder would be pretty cool too. No doubt the Goblin King would want a few minions. I'd like to see a few elves of the wood as an army builder as well.

Do you think it's worthwhile reaching out to TBD with these concepts? I think we could really be a great help!

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 29 2012, 12:49am

Post #142 of 209 (5177 views)
Shortcut
Caught it [In reply to] Can't Post

No tv would stink but at least you could watch movies if the cable didn't work.

Yeah, a few folks around here have had something. Mine was just a simple cold brought on because I slept with my mouth open. Thanfully I'm feeling better but my Nose is a bit sore.

That would be sweet. I bet we see both of those to be honest as they make sense to me from a marketing standpoint. I kind of expect a goblin pack as well again it will sell so why not.

I've thought about sending them something, I need to pass on your review so I might pass a couple things along.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 29 2012, 1:24pm

Post #143 of 209 (5179 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves...with Hoods! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's true. Think I'm due for a LOTR marathon. lol I've been watching the old Batman Beyond series and catching up on Clone Wars lately.

Perhaps Galadriel can hook you up with something to feel better? Tell her I sent you. lol

Cool beans. I'd like to see the dwarf figures with cloth hoodies. That would be neat! I mean, Toy Vault did it with Gimli and Hasbro does it with the Jedi. So, why not?

Dude, I fully support that. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with to assist you or enhance the TBD's future products.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 30 2012, 3:52am

Post #144 of 209 (5171 views)
Shortcut
hoddies [In reply to] Can't Post

December 8th AMC theaters and Cinmeark theaters are showing all three EE in one day. :rock

I think she must have. I've felt much better the last two days. Just a little soreness with my nose from blowing it so much. I will send her a thank you card and mention you sent me.

If done right I'd be ok with it. I kind of think the SW ones tend to look a little funky. That scale is so hard to make it look good.

I will call on you again as wave 2 comes out for sure.:)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Nov 30 2012, 1:13pm

Post #145 of 209 (5277 views)
Shortcut
6 Inchers [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar!

A triple feature - that's AWESOME!

Glad to hear your on the mend. The word in the woods is that Galadriel digs Thank You cards. lol

True. I hope they make Dwalin and Balin in the 6" line. I'm sure it would be easier for TBD to produce more accurate details and hopefully, the articulation would be a bit better with less restrictions. The hoodies might work better then too. Who would be your top 5 for a 6" line for The Hobbit?

Wave 2 - gotta ride it! You can count on me for that.

Enjoy the weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 3 2012, 2:21pm

Post #146 of 209 (5121 views)
Shortcut
Good Weekend I hope? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank for the well wishes on Friday it was a pretty good day. I hope yours was as well on top of a good weekend

Thank you :) I am and feel much better than I did a week ago. Good! lol

I would think they would as I think they will make several others if they sell well tnough. Yeah, that scale as is the case as you go up in scale allows for more details. I' go with Gandalf, Bilbo, Thorin, Dwalin, and Bolg.

Cool! I will do that for sure. :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 4:00pm

Post #147 of 209 (5287 views)
Shortcut
Back at Ya! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks and same to you! My parents sold their house so I've been helping them get everything ready. How was your weekend?

My dad and I are going to start watching all of the old Batman cartoons from the early 90s. I bought all 4 seasons.

OUTSTANDING!

Good choices. I'd also like to see a Nori, Troll (Tom, Bert, or William), and Radagast in a 6" line. No doubt the trolls would be over 6 inches high, but with the 3 of them I could make for an AWESOME battle scene!

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 4 2012, 2:43am

Post #148 of 209 (5230 views)
Shortcut
Thank ya [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a busy weekend and more packing for ya. lol It was good. Just kind of did as little as possible. This weekend is the big LOTR marathon so I'm just looking forward to that. :)

Sweet! That sounds like a good time. I manage to drag my folks to movies. Especially my Dad since he likes a lot of what I go and see.

I would think all of those might happen. A lot will depend on how well that scale sells to be honest. The three trolls would look great I'm looking forward to Weta doing them.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 12:23pm

Post #149 of 209 (5210 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Marathon [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR Marathon = AWESOME!

Same with my dad. My mom really isn't into Sci Fi and Fantasy, but she appreciates LOTR so she's looking forward to seeing The Hobbit. I actually purchased mt tickets yesterday via Fandango. It's always a little extra, but I'm not a fan of lines and waiting. lol

Let us hope! Yes, the WETA version of the trolls would be rather spectacular.

I'm curious how profitable the current 3.75" and 6" lines are for TBD? I'd imagine that sales would increase once the film debuts in local theaters and people see it. I'm crossing my hypothetical beard on that! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Dec 5 2012, 3:54am

Post #150 of 209 (5193 views)
Shortcut
Heck Yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally awesome! I've been waiting for years for a EE marathon in the theater and its time. :)

That's who AMC uses as well now. I don't pay the online trasaction fees because of their stubs program and earn rewards really quickly which are great. Plus I hate waiting as well and I don't want to end up on the floor.

Indeed it would be! Gonna be a most awesome collectible.

That's a good question. I would imagine as the climb of popularity of the film goes it goes up and so on. That's a good question but not one I'm sure any company would share info on.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.