Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbiton Movie Set Photos

logic8482

Nov 27 2012, 1:50am

Post #1 of 9 (834 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbiton Movie Set Photos Can't Post

Hi,

New to the forum but was at the Hobbiton Movie Set last month in Matamata New Zealand and thought others might like to see some of the shots!

The others are located here: http://www.flickr.com/...s/72157632086037006/

imin
Valinor

Nov 27 2012, 1:58am

Post #2 of 9 (294 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for posting [In reply to] Can't Post

The photos look great. Did you use some kind of filter when taking them? The contrast between the colours was cool.

I wish i could visit Hobbiton or one day make my very own hobbit hole house, lol.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 27 2012, 2:24am

Post #3 of 9 (277 views)
Shortcut
Gorgeous [In reply to] Can't Post

Those pictures are amazing. You're so lucky to have been able to visit Hobbiton. If there's one place in the world I want to travel to, it's there. I will make it there one day.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

logic8482

Nov 27 2012, 3:32am

Post #4 of 9 (225 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks guys.

Yes, they are multiple exposures on top of each other, a technique called HDR to bring out more of the light in each scene.

Weta and the location's owners have done a great job of keeping up the movie set, so everything looks really cool!

In Reply To

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 27 2012, 8:09am

Post #5 of 9 (160 views)
Shortcut
Looks incresible! [In reply to] Can't Post

And by the looks of it, you had the perfect weather for it! I love this picture.

Do you live in NZ, or were you just visiting? Were you able to visit any other sets (from the LOTR?)

Thanks for sharing. Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 27 2012, 10:18am

Post #6 of 9 (115 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely stunning! [In reply to] Can't Post

Each blade of grass seems to pop out at you!

Thanks for sharing! Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Gnomeo
The Shire

Nov 27 2012, 5:59pm

Post #7 of 9 (63 views)
Shortcut
I want to visit NZ so badly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your photos made me want to cry for not being able to afford the journey Frown

logic8482

Nov 27 2012, 6:01pm

Post #8 of 9 (48 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks everyone!

I was just visiting NZ for a couple weeks. I have some shots from a couple of the LOTR locations both in the North and South and once I get them processed, I'll upload them.

Nothing as great as Hobbiton though!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 27 2012, 9:44pm

Post #9 of 9 (31 views)
Shortcut
I look forward to seeing them - I hope to visit NZ one day. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.