Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I have to tell you, 3D gimmicks are the last thing I am worried about.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 27 2012, 12:01am

Views: 222
Shortcut
I have to tell you, 3D gimmicks are the last thing I am worried about. [In reply to] Can't Post

If Gandalf's hat is blue, and his magic amidst the goblins is at least as astounding and effective as it is in the books, and Glorfindel, Lindon, Rivendell and the rest are credit alongside the Arnorians in the defeat of The Witch King, and a hundred wonderful details from the book are kept in, and the history of the Dwarves is not overly and needlessly altered, then he can put all the crazy 3D antics in that he wants and I will not complain. If it gets to be to much, I will make all my subsequent viewings standard format.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
Has 3D caused PJ to kill the Middle Earth "experience"? SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 26 2012, 6:39pm
    have to wait and see... elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Nov 26 2012, 6:55pm
        To that, I absolutely agree SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 26 2012, 8:55pm
    Remember shadowdog Send a private message to shadowdog Nov 26 2012, 6:55pm
    Please don't worry over this Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 6:58pm
        I forget about that bridge fall everytime... elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Nov 26 2012, 7:01pm
            I once knew a coroner who couldn't get into Boromir's death scene Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 7:04pm
                That tag line sounds like the lead in to a great joke elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Nov 26 2012, 7:08pm
                Whereas a nurse who used to post on TORN Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 26 2012, 7:52pm
                That's interesting... Lightice Send a private message to Lightice Nov 26 2012, 8:27pm
                    I personally don't have any problems with the scene Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 8:37pm
                        Ditto. Lightice Send a private message to Lightice Nov 26 2012, 9:03pm
                LotR physics weren't a problem for me, either SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 26 2012, 9:27pm
        Please make LOTR in 3D too! Danielos Send a private message to Danielos Nov 26 2012, 7:06pm
            I was thoroughly unimpressed with Titanic in 3D myself Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 7:11pm
            Post-converted 2D into 3D is only crap! SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 26 2012, 9:18pm
                I gave Cameron a chance... Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 10:01pm
                    I for one thought Titanic's 3D conversion was a job well done. // Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 26 2012, 10:16pm
        Collapsing stairs and plummeting wizards spring to mind. Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 26 2012, 8:29pm
    No Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 26 2012, 6:59pm
    It reminded me of the fall of the Balrog - classic PJ, if you ask me // Zherkezhi Send a private message to Zherkezhi Nov 26 2012, 7:13pm
    Wait untill we get the corpse, before you start burying it! // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 26 2012, 7:58pm
        Bring out your dead! // Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Nov 26 2012, 9:08pm
    Am I right in saying ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Nov 26 2012, 8:10pm
        I once joked that the Company would escape Goblintown through the Great Goblins DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 26 2012, 8:34pm
            I wish you hadn't told me that, Daniel, ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Nov 26 2012, 8:47pm
                Awful, isn't it? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 26 2012, 9:14pm
                    It's almost certainly the part when they are captured by goblins totoro Send a private message to totoro Nov 27 2012, 6:33am
                        This seems reasonable, I suppose. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 27 2012, 8:13am
                            It's in the concept-art as well Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 27 2012, 8:48am
                        I figured it was the escape dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Nov 27 2012, 1:38pm
                            Ha no, definitely the capture Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 27 2012, 1:50pm
                                I am obviously missing out by not having this book! // dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Nov 27 2012, 3:21pm
                                    Oh no it's rubbish. Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 27 2012, 3:32pm
            Becarefull of what you wish... Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Nov 26 2012, 9:00pm
    I have to tell you, 3D gimmicks are the last thing I am worried about. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 27 2012, 12:01am
    Anything 3D will be awesome in my book sphdle1 Send a private message to sphdle1 Nov 27 2012, 2:21am
        Mehh... I'll have to kindly disagree jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Nov 27 2012, 2:59am
            I agree some but disagree some sphdle1 Send a private message to sphdle1 Nov 28 2012, 1:37am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.