Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit U.S. MPAA rating: Anyone have any insight?

Anduneglin

Nov 26 2012, 9:04pm

Views: 745
Shortcut
Hobbit U.S. MPAA rating: Anyone have any insight? Can't Post

The trailers for "The Hobbit, an Unexpected Journey" still say that the film has not yet been rated (by the U.S. MPAA) as of today, November 26, 2012, with fewer than 3 weeks to the U.S. opening.

Does anyone know anything about what's going on with the U.S. MPAA rating?

(This makes a big difference as to whether and which of my 11, 7 and/or 5 year-olds are going to take any of my already-purchased tickets, if the wrangling, as I would expect, was between a PG-13 and straight PG rating.)

(Also, sorry if this has already been discussed. Seached the web and these message boards, but didn't locate anything relevant and recent.)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Subject User Time
Hobbit U.S. MPAA rating: Anyone have any insight? Anduneglin Send a private message to Anduneglin Nov 26 2012, 9:04pm
    Here in the UK all trailers are rated Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Nov 26 2012, 9:07pm
        Failed to note Trailer rating Anduneglin Send a private message to Anduneglin Nov 26 2012, 9:12pm
        Yes, trailers in US get a different rating SteveDJ Send a private message to SteveDJ Nov 26 2012, 9:41pm
            Or dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Nov 26 2012, 9:49pm
    PG-13 dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Nov 26 2012, 9:18pm
        I always wondered how ROTK avoided an R rating... Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian Nov 26 2012, 9:26pm
            There's many ways they can get around a higher rating Carne Send a private message to Carne Nov 26 2012, 9:48pm
            Titanic was rated PG-13 Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 9:54pm
        I think PG13 too WhiskFishercat Send a private message to WhiskFishercat Nov 26 2012, 11:35pm
    There is a 0% chance that The Hobbit will be rated anything other than PG-13. // Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 26 2012, 9:55pm
    The film has only just been completed... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Nov 26 2012, 10:32pm
    I certainly hope the wrangling is PG versus PG-13 and not the latter versus an R AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 27 2012, 12:16am
        Well, we don't know what Tauriel does, yet... totoro Send a private message to totoro Nov 27 2012, 6:38am
            Lol. If anythying would change the rating. Fae fanny would. lol. So Ridiculous AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 27 2012, 9:33am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.