Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
It's been a long and crazy ride, but I just want to say..
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 2:51pm

Post #1 of 55 (1414 views)
Shortcut
It's been a long and crazy ride, but I just want to say.. Can't Post

Hi guys,

So we're finally here; a week away from the first reviews and just a couple of weeks before we finally see the first installment. I just wanted to say that however this turns out, it has been a hell of a ride and it has been fun disecting ever inch of every rumour with you over the years. God only knows how many hours of our lives we have spent on these forums. I know that I spend an hour or so per day reading almost everything.

So, before the madness begins, I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed sharing all of this with you. Whether this is on a par with FOTR of Phantom Menace in some ways is almost secondary at this point. There are some really interesting characters on these boards and I can't wait to spend the next 18 months discussing details with you all.

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 3:13pm

Post #2 of 55 (650 views)
Shortcut
Hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

This has been quite the ride, and I have derived nothing but enjoyment from discussing, dissecting, nitpicking, and overanalyzing every single detail, from the most impactive of plot-twist to the smallest element of character designs, with you people.
What is it they say, that the journey is more important than the destination? I'm not sure I'd go that far in this case (no offense Wink), but the journey certainly has been an enjoyable one, I will say that; A journey greatly enhanced by the Fellowship I travelled with.

(This post was edited by Macfeast on Nov 26 2012, 3:15pm)

Elenorflower
Gondor

Nov 26 2012, 3:18pm

Post #3 of 55 (613 views)
Shortcut
yes me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Its like living in a Hobbity village full of strange travellers and odd folk, one minute cozy fireside tales, the next drive- by apple lobbings. and yonder, the Road meandering to what perilous realm.

you guys are awesome tho. Cool

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 3:19pm

Post #4 of 55 (607 views)
Shortcut
:D totally with you :). It has been, and will be awesome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Junesong
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 4:04pm

Post #5 of 55 (563 views)
Shortcut
Cheers! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's hard to believe we're finally here.

I can still remember those dark days with no green light, no director, no confirmed cast, union boycotts and stomach ulcers.

A wild ride indeed.

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 26 2012, 4:10pm

Post #6 of 55 (551 views)
Shortcut
Total fun ride [In reply to] Can't Post

Sharing this ride with fellow torn staffers and Tolkien fans here has been a great experience for me. I've loved every second of it. :)

Arthael
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 4:13pm

Post #7 of 55 (574 views)
Shortcut
I've been lurking [In reply to] Can't Post

around TORN for about 5 months now, and I've loved every minute of it! All the crazy theories and interpretations have been hugely entertaining for me. reading the action-figure box analysis really got me hooked, and I'm more excited for the movie because of it! Thanks everybody! Only a few more weeks :)

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 4:27pm

Post #8 of 55 (546 views)
Shortcut
Yes! Exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Come what may, it's been an awesome ride thus far, and it's all due to you all. Heart And whatever future dissagreements me may have after seeing the film, you'll still be Fae's dear, dear TORnsibs. Evil

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 4:44pm

Post #9 of 55 (514 views)
Shortcut
AYEEE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

LordotRings93
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 4:45pm

Post #10 of 55 (520 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember reading the first PJ/GdT chat about the film way back when (2007 I believe?), and all the ups and downs of production, from lawsuits to problems in New Zealand, etc. But, now only 18 days away, and it's exciting to finally see this films coming!

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 4:56pm

Post #11 of 55 (491 views)
Shortcut
Here lassie [In reply to] Can't Post

have some tatoes from me garden,,,Old Gamgee has been at it like a dragon with a bad case of crabs! Cof cof....

Kassandros
Rohan

Nov 26 2012, 4:56pm

Post #12 of 55 (496 views)
Shortcut
It's been a long journey... [In reply to] Can't Post

And to think in a couple years, it'll all be over, with no more Middle Earth movies for a long, long time.

I still remember the old "LetTheHobbitHappen" website from years and years ago, put up by TORN, I believe. To think we're finally just about there!

I've been soaking up the spoilers pretty hard, but I'm finally pulling back a bit. After looking at the art book scans and hearing the full score a couple times, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this is going to be an amazing movie artistically and am content to just wait until the film is here now. I know enough. I enjoyed the vlog and will watch any tv spots, but I'm not reading all the analysis anymore. I don't need to learn anything more than what I already know.

For what it's worth, I predict these three movies will be insanely incredible. I've tried to keep my expectations down, but the quality of art is just too high and the actors are too good. The only thing holding this movie back would be a major writing blunder, but I'm cautiously optimistic on that front.

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Streicher
The Shire

Nov 26 2012, 5:09pm

Post #13 of 55 (476 views)
Shortcut
If this were Facebook I would totaly like your post ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 5:11pm

Post #14 of 55 (480 views)
Shortcut
Hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been so much fun! And what a positive thread to start the week!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 26 2012, 5:13pm

Post #15 of 55 (468 views)
Shortcut
Hear, hear!.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...waits for someone to complete the quotation - someone always does!

Those first years seemed to go so slowly and this last year so fast.

I didn't look at the art book scans or listen to the complete soundtrack - both too much for me - but for the rest, I've enjoyed the ride, and sharing it, and I'm so looking forward to the films.

Thanks for the company, TORn - now and in the future.

Brandalf85
The Shire

Nov 26 2012, 5:25pm

Post #16 of 55 (480 views)
Shortcut
"Hear what?" said the TORN's. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hear what I have to say...

I too have been along for the ride and ever since LOTR came out I wondered if there would be a Hobbit movie/s. After production issues, even to the point where maybe the movie/s wouldn't get made, here we are mere weeks until we sit down and watch the first of three films for the first time. I've gobbled up all the info I could, listened to the soundtrack, and soon we'll hear what other think and I'm so glad we've arrived.

Perhaps we shall sit down in our seat with our popcorn and we'll sigh softly and say, "Well, I'm back..."

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 26 2012, 5:34pm

Post #17 of 55 (462 views)
Shortcut
From the Return of the One Party in LA in 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

where PJ had the crowd cheering at "Let The Hobbit happen!" to here, the day before the film's international premier in 2012, has been a convoluted, frustrating, exhilarating journey, and I wouldn't have missed it.

Cheers, all. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 5:40pm

Post #18 of 55 (453 views)
Shortcut
Rides not over yet [In reply to] Can't Post

Now we get to speed up and get all kinds of speculation going on two more films, not to mention the discussions of what we missed in the first one. Here we go!!!!Smile

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 26 2012, 6:31pm

Post #19 of 55 (409 views)
Shortcut
*straps self in* [In reply to] Can't Post

Can I have a sick bag, just in case? Tongue

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 6:36pm

Post #20 of 55 (387 views)
Shortcut
lol, future disagreements? ;) no way Josť :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkTongue

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

ForestPark
Rivendell

Nov 26 2012, 6:38pm

Post #21 of 55 (395 views)
Shortcut
End of the 13th baktun begining of the 14 th [In reply to] Can't Post

Recently decoded last works of Terrance McKenna which take into account galactic drift and a strong tail wind push the date foreward from Dec 21 2012 to the release date of the Hobbit. Co-inky-dink ? The DMT elves and Fungal Eschatons think not !

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 7:16pm

Post #22 of 55 (361 views)
Shortcut
Om nom nom, taters! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 7:19pm

Post #23 of 55 (353 views)
Shortcut
Surely there will be different opinons on the details [In reply to] Can't Post

but we've made it this far, so hopefully we've matured up enough to be handle the freshing variety of opinons in the fandom. Smile

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2012, 7:22pm

Post #24 of 55 (356 views)
Shortcut
Already suffering from the "no more Middle-Earth movies" denial [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be 2004 all over again! Expect this time we'll have no hope.

But no, let's not harbour such gloomy thoughts. "Do not cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

And as long as it lasts.... lets enjoy it to the fullest!

elevorn
Lorien

Nov 26 2012, 7:26pm

Post #25 of 55 (343 views)
Shortcut
still... [In reply to] Can't Post

Holding out hope that they start looking deeper into the legendarium and we get more and more as movie technology increases. I mean I had to put up with 8 Harry Potter movies and however many of those dreadful Twilight movies, I say Tolkien gets an unlimited run at it, and the three we have and the three we're getting only count as two. The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit lol.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.