Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I can imagin Peter sitting down with Speilberg while they were working on Tin Tin

Kangi Ska

Nov 25 2012, 10:45am

Post #1 of 8 (879 views)
I can imagin Peter sitting down with Speilberg while they were working on Tin Tin Can't Post

and discussing The Hobbit. What do you think? Do I sense a bit of Goonies?

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 12:51pm

Post #2 of 8 (377 views)
Why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

The production team still has Tintin stuff in their offices and wear Tintin shirts, so they're not above thinking of other film projects while doing something else. Did Spielberg have any influence on the Hobbit... PJ is open to ideas, such as Sir Ian's suggestion of filming a scene where Gandalf and child!Bilbo meet. Perhaps we'll never know.

But it's fun to know that these great men of current cinema are friends together. Especially with Cameron, who gets so much hate in some parts of the internet for being a "difficult, arrogant person".

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Nov 25 2012, 1:47pm

Post #3 of 8 (348 views)
More like Temple of Doom!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can't do a film featuring rope bridges and underground caverns without looking at Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, surprisingly, one of Spielberg's more underrated movies.

Peter has a great respect for Spielberg, this we know, and their working relationship is far from over, with the prospective Tintin sequel in the next few years.

Nov 25 2012, 3:16pm

Post #4 of 8 (300 views)
I'm sure PJ was very influenced by Speilberg [In reply to] Can't Post

But more by watching his films whilst growing up than by working with him more recently.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

Lucky Luke

Nov 25 2012, 5:41pm

Post #5 of 8 (226 views)
Mr. Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

A character is named Mr. Bilbo in Lincoln, the new Spielsberg's film. A wink to PJ or an historic fact? To lazy to check on the internet!

Nov 25 2012, 7:48pm

Post #6 of 8 (182 views)
Bilbo is a real last name [In reply to] Can't Post

There was some fellow in the city I live in, who ran for a school board position a couple of years ago. Their last name was Bilbo. I remember seeing the campaign signs up around town, they made light of the last name by printing the campaign signs in some kind of LOTR fantasy inspired type face. I'm not sure if mr. Bilbo won the election or not.

There was a man.
There was a lady.
There was a Dragon Lord.

Nov 25 2012, 9:29pm

Post #7 of 8 (158 views)
Jackson and Spielberg have a lot in common [In reply to] Can't Post

Both are self-doubt movie savants, who made home movies obsessively as kids, and understand every aspect of filmmaking from the perspective of having to do it themselves.

Nov 26 2012, 8:21am

Post #8 of 8 (132 views)
Jackson> Spielberg. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything Jackson touches turns to gold.Cool

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.