Hide from here
awhile..
Disscussions about the ThreadCount.
on costumes or
Too Big of fingers?
Might be important to
SUM..
Yet...
Yet Bomby. finally.... does finally view it....
None anyofthisSpeculation
ReallyMatters.
(Too many so-called ScreenWriters massaging THEIR Movie?)

GOLDBERRY&BOMBY are taking a Hiatus?

Namarie

imin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 1:38am

Post #2 of 25 (777 views)
Shortcut
of course none of it matters [In reply to] Can't Post

but it passes the time til we can see the film Smile

Anyway take care and see you after the films have been released!

Mybear
Bree

Nov 25 2012, 1:40am

Post #3 of 25 (759 views)
Shortcut
Mybear doesn't [In reply to] Can't Post

Mybear, like so many other bears....
thinks the time is too nigh
to live in gloom
Mybear knows that
the premire day, is in 96 hours
Keep AWAKE...AWAKE

Do NoT fall into nothingNESS
Like the Witch
-KING
Keep Mybear's....EYES
Peeled, he
WILL

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 2:04am

Post #4 of 25 (749 views)
Shortcut
Glad I am not alone. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am carefully picking through the posts and only reading those that seem mostly harmless.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

MediaMalable
Bree

Nov 25 2012, 2:18am

Post #5 of 25 (737 views)
Shortcut
The futility [In reply to] Can't Post

There is nothing more pointless than tearing apart a film you haven't yet seen for not being what you want it to be. Rather than force the film to meet your expectations, perhaps the more rabid among that particular group might benefit from being open to experiencing the film with fresh eyes. They might find they end up loving the film for what it is, rather than going in knowing they'll hate it for being what they don't want it to be.

Everybody is a critic these days though, and a lot of them are determined to go into things with their mind already made up.

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 25 2012, 2:32am

Post #6 of 25 (708 views)
Shortcut
I feel you [In reply to] Can't Post

I maybe come here once a week now since everything gets flooded with every new tidbit. I might take a hiatus starting this week until I see the film. I don't want to ruin everything!

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 3:11am

Post #7 of 25 (692 views)
Shortcut
so am i [In reply to] Can't Post

plenty of discussions i have avoided...i know it will br worth it.
And i havent listened to the soundtrack. Smile

Plurmo
Rohan

Nov 25 2012, 3:52am

Post #8 of 25 (686 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps there's really no escape for us... [In reply to] Can't Post

It is as if the Movies are Middle-earth and we are living in a Silmarillion-like scenario. Tolkien is our Eru and the TORn forum is Valinor or rather ValiTorn, inhabited by us, the poor Vala who were shown by Eru his original Script-ures. But now we are having to deal with the fact that it is Peter Morgoth/Melkor Jackson the one Vala living inside MovieMiddle-earth and he, with the help of those evil cinematographic spirits that are with him, is destroying all our wonderful foresights of MovieMiddle-earth, while we gaze from afar, search our thoughts for what's going on down there and basically do nothing but complain (the proper Vala behavior) while awaiting for the day of reckoning in the theater. And here we are, the Mandos-like, who said from the beginning that MovieMiddle-earth was cursed, jinxed and doomed never to Eä, I mean Be. But the Oromë-like had hope and were always in search of information about MovieMiddle-earth, spying on the ways of Peter Morgoth, waiting for the actors-of-Iluvatar to awake in Cinevienen and have their lot cast with MovieMiddle-earth, as was foretold in the Script-ures. And now that MovieMiddle-earth Eä at last, the Oromë-like turned their minds to hunting v-logs, trailers, pictures and all sort of spoilerish creatures (even those made of Lego). But there are also tears ahead, or at least there should be. That's what the Nienna-like want, for they weep as MovieMiddle-earth becomes too funny, to comedic, and that cannot be. Of course the Yavanna-like agree with the Nienna-like and they (biased as they are) are calling for dwarf casualties along the road, wanting all of them dwarves killed, if possible. In their rage they attract from afar the Tulkas-like, who are not very sure of what the fray is all about, but are itching to be part of it nonetheless. And they are welcomed by the least expected of troublemakers, the Manwë-like, also known as purists, whose comments are laden with the very weight of the words of Eru. But one of the real reasons the Manwë-like are so enraged is because the Varda-like care not about the words of Eru, but are absorbed by the major spiritual questions involving light and cinematography, the paintery and cartoonery, the gradding, re-gradding, de-gradding, the plastic feel, too much over-light but not enough candlelights, the duck-coloured things (whatever that means!), palettes and Dwalin's skin-tone. Now I'm not sure if Dwalin's skin tone troubles the Aulë-like, because they are already wondrously enraged by the atrocities that Peter Morgoth is doing to the dwarves. Remember, the Aulë-like expected the dwarves to be all about tirelessness and resilience, instead they became all about baldness and flatulence. And not only their beards were cut and defiled, but also their history was chopped and profaned. It isn't easy to be Aulë-like these days and watch your children became the laughing stock of MovieMiddle-earth. Now you would want to hear about the Ulmo-like and their profound complains, but I'm affraid they are lurking somewhere in the webseas, drowning themselves in liquor while the wonderful circus that is ValiTorn catches fire. But even if we don't hear much from the Ulmo-like, in truth no one is more concerned about MovieMiddle-earth than them. So there is no longer an escape for us. As was written in the Script-ures, we went here, we put on the raiment and are thenceforward contained and bounded and chained and altogether doomed to be part of the whole insanity. Evil

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2012, 5:43am

Post #9 of 25 (641 views)
Shortcut
Don't Spoil Your Dinner [In reply to] Can't Post

Makes sense to me.

Eat hardy. Sheep is back on the menu, boys!

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2012, 5:44am

Post #10 of 25 (653 views)
Shortcut
Erg [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't read...

Paragraphs are your friend.

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 8:17am

Post #11 of 25 (595 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy your vacation, Bomby. [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of us seem to be losing steam. I'm trying to get enough sleep and stay positive so I can really enjoy all the hooplah here in Wellington - just until Wednesday, and then I can coast until Dec. 12. TORn costume party tomorrow night! Music and dancing and complete silliness, I hope.
Cheers

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 8:30am

Post #12 of 25 (607 views)
Shortcut
Losing steam? No..... [In reply to] Can't Post

... just ready to see it now. Actually SEE it after years of waiting. Feel as if we've picked every nit and chewed over every hint and theory.

Now anticipating that moment when the screen goes dark, the music starts, and.............

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 25 2012, 9:29am

Post #13 of 25 (587 views)
Shortcut
It is exciting though, isn't it! [In reply to] Can't Post

The slow drip of news. The occasional massive spoiler, mixed with thread loads of speculation. That's exactly why I'm here, and I'm glad to be sharing the lead up with all of you.Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 9:47am

Post #14 of 25 (575 views)
Shortcut
Now anticipating that moment when the screen goes dark, the music starts, and............. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for this, Dormouse.

geordie
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 11:37am

Post #15 of 25 (545 views)
Shortcut
Bravo! [In reply to] Can't Post

- a very funny and likeable post, told in a breathless style, and with hardly a typo in sight - I couldn't have managed that. Well done! (where's a 'thumbs-up' sign when you want one?)

imin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 12:41pm

Post #16 of 25 (517 views)
Shortcut
Haha this is excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Post of the week.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 12:55pm

Post #17 of 25 (530 views)
Shortcut
OK [In reply to] Can't Post

but how about the things that really mater.

Photobucket

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 12:57pm

Post #18 of 25 (525 views)
Shortcut
Anxiety and excitement are not the same thing. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2012, 1:18pm

Post #19 of 25 (528 views)
Shortcut
Namárië! [In reply to] Can't Post

Let us meet again when you're less exhausted!

After we've seen the movie, the place is going to be busier than ever, exploding with everyone sharing their opinions on each and every detail. It'll be maginificent...

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 25 2012, 5:39pm

Post #20 of 25 (458 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant, really, but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be joining you at the local on Super Bowl Sunday. Cheers
Wink

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 6:01pm

Post #21 of 25 (440 views)
Shortcut
Yep! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 25 2012, 6:08pm

Post #22 of 25 (444 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I think you should write the next [In reply to] Can't Post

Middle Earth screenplay. Hopefully this one! Smile

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 25 2012, 8:16pm

Post #23 of 25 (417 views)
Shortcut
hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Wink

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2012, 8:26pm

Post #24 of 25 (407 views)
Shortcut
You know... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never taken the time to really analyze and understand what Bilbo/Tolkien really meant by that sentence Tongue
Maybe I will... Someday Wink

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

(This post was edited by painjoiker on Nov 25 2012, 8:26pm)

esheming
Bree

Nov 25 2012, 11:40pm

Post #25 of 25 (428 views)
Shortcut
We will watch for his return... [In reply to] Can't Post

Rest well for a season
in your house by the Withywindle~
but don't leave us ((choking)) for long
'mongst the roots of Old Man Willow!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.