Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Vlog # 9!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Username4242
Bree

Nov 24 2012, 5:28am

Post #1 of 159 (5222 views)
Shortcut
Vlog # 9! Can't Post

Posted about a minute and a half ago. ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151345300446807

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 5:31am

Post #2 of 159 (2689 views)
Shortcut
Soooo glad it was posted tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't think I would have been able to sleep :D

"'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

Jim
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 5:39am

Post #3 of 159 (2673 views)
Shortcut
Yayyy!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The first scene alone has got me geeking out....

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 24 2012, 5:47am

Post #4 of 159 (2697 views)
Shortcut
That was amazing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So much new footage too (though most incomplete).

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 5:53am

Post #5 of 159 (2669 views)
Shortcut
I must say [In reply to] Can't Post

that i'm actually looking forward to seeing the Goblin King. I thought he wouldn't work just from the art. However, seeing him in motion for a short time has convinced me that he is something to get excited about

"'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 5:53am

Post #6 of 159 (2701 views)
Shortcut
For a moment, I thought... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that the music for the Bunny Sled scene was Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" ! (anyone remember Elmer Fudd singing "kill the wabbit!" to that tune?)

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 5:58am

Post #7 of 159 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Can someone transfer it to youtube?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please,it's not letting me play the video, as i need a new flash player,but it wont let me download the flash player either so it''s a lose lose situation for meUnsure.It would work on youtube though.Cool

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 24 2012, 6:00am

Post #8 of 159 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Here ya go... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqyzHwnEiY

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Nov 24 2012, 6:00am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2012, 6:07am

Post #9 of 159 (2646 views)
Shortcut
Lots of good stuff. And "look who it is" = our first line from the Goblin King? // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 6:07am

Post #10 of 159 (2732 views)
Shortcut
As a computer engineer-to be... [In reply to] Can't Post

...all this post-production stuff, from the "Department of Internal Beard-Hairs", to the many lines of code, looks incredibly exciting. I don't know which part of if I would love to be able to work with the most Sly

Also, "Beard Mocap Technician", that's quite the specific job title Tongue

(This post was edited by Macfeast on Nov 24 2012, 6:17am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2012, 6:14am

Post #11 of 159 (2607 views)
Shortcut
Also seems like Raddy's scenes in Mirkwood will include more than simply the spiders attacking Rhosgobel. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

MediaMalable
Bree

Nov 24 2012, 6:16am

Post #12 of 159 (2673 views)
Shortcut
So much greatness here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Every bit of it. The new footage with the trolls is great. Is that ending to the sword fight between the goblin and Bilbo new footage? I loved that.

Once again, everything is coming down to the wire. It'd be so easy for a lesser filmmaker, with a less committed team, to just say "screw it, we don't need those extra shots that'll make the movie better," but that's not Peter, and he's working to the very last to make it amazing.

He's such an amazing person, and someone so capable of recognizing and encouraging that level of commitment from the incredibly talented people he's amassed to make these films.

Hat. Off.

jtarkey
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 6:43am

Post #13 of 159 (2498 views)
Shortcut
It's looking more and more like this will truly be something special. [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of the shots looked much more complete. It almost looks 3D without even being 3D if that makes sense. I can already tell I've never seen a film that looks like this at all. This may actually be pretty revolutionary.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

whitetree
The Shire

Nov 24 2012, 6:44am

Post #14 of 159 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Those opening shots.. [In reply to] Can't Post

with Radagast are so beautiful, I keep playing them again and again. Smile

MediaMalable
Bree

Nov 24 2012, 6:46am

Post #15 of 159 (2480 views)
Shortcut
Revolutionary. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
A lot of the shots looked much more complete. It almost looks 3D without even being 3D if that makes sense. I can already tell I've never seen a film that looks like this at all. This may actually be pretty revolutionary.

I think digital filmmaking, and 3D, may have truly come of age with The Hobbit. Just as I think CG characters didn't come of age till Gollum.

Revolutionary is the right word.

(This post was edited by MediaMalable on Nov 24 2012, 6:47am)

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 24 2012, 6:47am

Post #16 of 159 (2457 views)
Shortcut
That was awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great shots all throughout. These vlogs are fantastic and have helped ease the wait for many of us I know. I love being able to save them and know that years down the road or heck even after I see the movie I can watch the whole process that lead up to it.

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 7:23am

Post #17 of 159 (2662 views)
Shortcut
Might Thorin be growing out a beard at (what I assume to be) Erebor? [In reply to] Can't Post

At 6:13 and 9:38, he has this braided piece of hair beneath his shin. Dare I hope for at least a little beard-growth for our dwarven king?

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2012, 7:34am

Post #18 of 159 (2447 views)
Shortcut
Looks like it! [In reply to] Can't Post

And whatever that background is behind him at 6:16 is awesome.

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 7:43am

Post #19 of 159 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of interesting stuff. Didn't realise Howe and Lee were still involved late in the game...

Younger Balin and Thorin on the battlements 09:38?

Also liked the "I just look at code all day" guy. Cool

Not a massive fan of Bilbo at 13:18 though. Unsure

(This post was edited by Cave Troll on Nov 24 2012, 7:51am)

WhiskFishercat
Bree

Nov 24 2012, 7:52am

Post #20 of 159 (2377 views)
Shortcut
stunning no doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

It all looks amazing so far and Peter and crew are working hard to create another epic trilogy. Goblin town from what I've seen is mindblowing. I hope they are just as scary as lotr. I cannot wait. I absolutely cannot wait.

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 7:55am

Post #21 of 159 (2352 views)
Shortcut
Likewise [In reply to] Can't Post

I really expected to hate the bunny sled a lot more.

Now that I'm familiar with the concept, it's actually starting to look pretty great. Crazy

Elskar
Bree

Nov 24 2012, 7:58am

Post #22 of 159 (2356 views)
Shortcut
The trolls really do look good this time [In reply to] Can't Post

wasn't thrilled with the cave troll from FOTR but that was early days. I think I will be seeing this about 5 times in the theatre

Plant Trees

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 24 2012, 8:02am

Post #23 of 159 (2293 views)
Shortcut
Might be that, actually. [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin does indeed look younger in that shot, with grey hair rather than white. Might be the coming of the dragon, rather than after the dragon is killed (as I thought it was).

(This post was edited by Macfeast on Nov 24 2012, 8:03am)

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2012, 8:05am

Post #24 of 159 (2345 views)
Shortcut
Howe and Lee [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't realise Howe and Lee were still involved late in the game...

I saw them at a book signing at Weta Cave in September and asked how long they were going to stay here.
"Forever!" Howe said. " We're chained to our desks!"
And I guess they were. It's interesting to see what exactly they were still doing. I wouldn't have thought they were needed for post-production.

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 24 2012, 8:06am

Post #25 of 159 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I think so... [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin does look younger and I assume there's a dragon flying overhead.

I like your take (and future bearded Thorin) better though. Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.