Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Observation on the eagles (SPOILERS if you didn't see the scans of the WETA book)

Jago M
Bree

Nov 23 2012, 2:18pm

Views: 1097
Shortcut
Observation on the eagles (SPOILERS if you didn't see the scans of the WETA book) Can't Post

Don't read if you don't want to get spoilers based on 'the Hobbit: chronicle' scans.

I think the eagle's eyrie will be left out.

Based on these scans, the movie ends at the Carrock (btw. a design that really wowed me! Wonderfull!). I think this means the eagles pick them up from the burning trees and fly them straight to the edges of Mirkwood, leaving them at the top of the Carrock (this could provide wonderfull images: the sunset over the woods for instance).
But this also means two other things, or at least what I think it means:

1) The eagles won't talk, and in extend: none of the birds in 'the hobbit' will.
2) This leaves out the possibility to give the eagles more backstory, and to give them a reason why they don't just fly them to the mountain (unless maybe Radagast tells more about it).

Any thoughts?

(This post was edited by Jago M on Nov 23 2012, 2:20pm)

Subject User Time
Observation on the eagles (SPOILERS if you didn't see the scans of the WETA book) Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 2:18pm
    Mirkwood is east of The Carrock Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 23 2012, 2:33pm
        it's already night for "out of the frying pan", so i wouldn't be surprised // Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Nov 23 2012, 3:22pm
        haha, you're right ofcourse Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 3:47pm
    wait, Carrock is confirmed, and has been shown already??? :D :D awesome!! Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Nov 23 2012, 4:06pm
        I'ts in the scans Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 4:35pm
        but already offline I see Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 4:50pm
    I see no reason for not having a talking raven Fardragon Send a private message to Fardragon Nov 23 2012, 4:07pm
        I hope so Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 4:41pm
        We already know Radagast is going to talk in a bird language Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 23 2012, 4:52pm
            That's news to me :) Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 5:03pm
                Yes Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 23 2012, 6:48pm
    I don't think so Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Nov 23 2012, 4:14pm
        Might be Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 4:48pm
    Just because we didn't see the eyries in the book scans Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 23 2012, 4:50pm
        In the movies so far (lotr) Jago M Send a private message to Jago M Nov 23 2012, 5:00pm
            That's what I fear Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 23 2012, 6:50pm
    Wouldn't surprise me. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 23 2012, 5:12pm
    The Eagles talking aren't a deal-breaker for me... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Nov 23 2012, 5:41pm
        TH never indicates Eagles speak the common tongue... totoro Send a private message to totoro Nov 23 2012, 6:44pm
            On the contrary... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Nov 23 2012, 6:49pm
    Where the are the scans? The Grey Pilgrim Send a private message to The Grey Pilgrim Nov 24 2012, 12:07am
        Gone. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 24 2012, 12:22am
            Ouch ;( The Grey Pilgrim Send a private message to The Grey Pilgrim Nov 24 2012, 12:23am
                It's so late in the game Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Nov 24 2012, 12:37am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.