Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TV-Spot #6: frame analysis of new footage!

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 23 2012, 1:02pm

Post #1 of 18 (3385 views)
Shortcut
TV-Spot #6: frame analysis of new footage! Can't Post

Once again, analyzing new frames. This time from TV spot No. 6.
The original article by me is here (in Russian): http://www.henneth-annun.ru/...-pokadrovyiy-analiz/

Still unseen landscape of the Shire. Strangely, it has very little buildings. Probably, the outskirts of Hobbiton.

Sunset, fir-trees, mountains in the background. This is most probably the eve before the "Out of the frying-pan" scene, the goblin & warg attack.

Bilbo is answering Thorin. He understands that Thorin doubts his capabilities.

A beautiful shot of Bilbo, the Dwarves, Gandalf and the sunset. Thorin holds Orcrist in his hand, all the other dwarves also have their weapons ready. They seem to feel that the battle is not over yet.

A curious shot, probably in the cave. Bilbo has tears in his eyes!

This time Shire is inhabited in this shot. There is Bag-End towering in the background. In the middle, a couple of hobbits is walking by: probably, the Sackville-Bagginses from Trailer#2. Also, it looks like the same very spot where Bilbo is running by in Trailer #2.

Bilbo is holding Sting ready; its blade is glowing blue. In the background, there's, obviously, Goblin-Town.

A shot of a fighting dwarf (Thorin? Kili?) and a quite decisive goblin in Goblin Town. What is this strange structure to the right, the Great Goblin's throne?

Now we see Kili (and Fili). Question is, is this a continuation of the previous shot, or is it an entirely different shot?

Bilbo is emotional once again.

Thorin is still in doubt. It's not clear if the "ever been in a fight" line has been shifted from a different place (in another TV spot it happened in Bag-End).

Bilbo is giggling nervously. Obviously, he didn't lose his brass buttons in the movie: they are all still there.

The last shot of the trailer and many questions: in the background, Thorin is lying on the ground; to the left, there seems to be a killed warg. Sting is glowing. The sun has already gone down over the mountains. Is it the beginning of "Out of the frying-pan" or something entirely different?

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site:

Henneth-annun.ru - the Russian LOTR site

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 23 2012, 1:24pm

Post #2 of 18 (655 views)
Shortcut
The first screen cap [In reply to] Can't Post

Could this be near the abandoned farmhouse that we saw in the WETA art book the other day ?

Lovely scenery!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 23 2012, 1:46pm

Post #3 of 18 (612 views)
Shortcut
Could well be... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dan - remember the fold-out map of M-e in The Visual Guide? There's a photo of countryside remarkably similar to that first screen cap, and it's labelled as "Eastfarthing" They items the key locations the journey passes through after Hobbiton as the Eastfarthing, the Lone-lands (Eriador), Trollshaw Forest, Rivendell, The Misty Mountains, and the Vale of Anduin (which further confirms the movie will end at the Carrock). Rhosgobel also gets a mention.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Nov 23 2012, 1:53pm

Post #4 of 18 (624 views)
Shortcut
The cinematography on this film is just beautiful. [In reply to] Can't Post

Valleys, hillsides, mountainous terrain,this movie has it all.It's more beautiful than anything i've seen from Avatar.Wink

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Nov 23 2012, 2:24pm

Post #5 of 18 (595 views)
Shortcut
Buttons [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually it does look like he lost them. Not the topcoat but the vest. In the shot of him in Rivendell, he has maybe 4 or 5 on the vest but in the scene of his speech to Thorin, just 1.

(This post was edited by BeornBerserker on Nov 23 2012, 2:31pm)

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 23 2012, 2:53pm

Post #6 of 18 (567 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Inoticed this too... [In reply to] Can't Post

His waistcoat is fastened kind of lopsided as though he's had to make do and mend, and none of the buttons are particularly visible, so I assumed they are missing!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 23 2012, 3:34pm

Post #7 of 18 (560 views)
Shortcut
Looks to my like Thorin will "die" in film 1 [In reply to] Can't Post

There've been comparisons of AUJ to FotR. I think where Boromir's death happens in FotR we'll see a similar "death" in AUJ. Thorin will probably need some sort of medicine that only the Eagles or Beorn can obtain. PJ loves his fake deaths

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Nov 23 2012, 3:35pm)

Valandil ed Imladris
Lorien

Nov 23 2012, 4:17pm

Post #8 of 18 (505 views)
Shortcut
soundtrack [In reply to] Can't Post

well, on the soundtrack is a piece called "brass buttons", but you're right, they won't be in the film :P

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 23 2012, 5:14pm

Post #9 of 18 (452 views)
Shortcut
Oh! Good remembering! [In reply to] Can't Post

On a different note - there were no posters in my local HMV ...

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 23 2012, 5:15pm

Post #10 of 18 (483 views)
Shortcut
At some point in the film [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin is attacked by a Warg. I can see this being the case QT.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 23 2012, 9:19pm

Post #11 of 18 (386 views)
Shortcut
Hmm...I'll try and get hold on one tomorrow, then, if they are still there and I wasn't dreaming it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Victoria Monfort

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 24 2012, 12:16am

Post #12 of 18 (340 views)
Shortcut
Love the First Shot... [In reply to] Can't Post

If go to the Russian site and enlarge it ...
The Company are little specks in theMiddle of the Frame
Also the Cfiffs on the left are from Vblog 5...Near Nelson...
One crew Guy says..." I'm worried about Dinsoaurs?"
Also there is a Mound. on their Left that looks like a BarrowDown..yet Natural?
Bomby

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 24 2012, 10:05am

Post #13 of 18 (284 views)
Shortcut
The store only had LOTR ones [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is a shame - it's a big shop. I hope you can find it.Smile

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2012, 4:22pm

Post #14 of 18 (275 views)
Shortcut
Got it! [In reply to] Can't Post

They stilll had some left!

http://i574.photobucket.com/.../lotr66/SDC12286.jpg

Probably hard to tell from my poor photo, but the effect is "painterly" rather than crisp photo-like images of the characters...

Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Nov 24 2012, 4:22pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 24 2012, 4:47pm

Post #15 of 18 (267 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! And I quite like it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It has a very "official" feel about it - it would fit very well with the LOTR posters.

Smile

Thanks for going back and checking!

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2012, 5:32pm

Post #16 of 18 (307 views)
Shortcut
My pleasure, since I was down that way, anyway... [In reply to] Can't Post

And if you want to nag your local store, tell them Chichester has it! Wink

Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 24 2012, 6:01pm

Post #17 of 18 (267 views)
Shortcut
Love Chichester! [In reply to] Can't Post

I use to live in Portsmouth - went to Chichester quite a bit. We miss the South coast now. Frown

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2012, 6:34pm

Post #18 of 18 (286 views)
Shortcut
I've lived on the south-coast all my life! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't beat the weather down here...and Chi almost seems to have its own micro-climate! Wink

Victoria Monfort

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.