Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Sun to shine on Hobbit premiere.

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 22 2012, 4:36am

Post #1 of 8 (247 views)
Shortcut
Sun to shine on Hobbit premiere. Can't Post

Dominion Post 22-11-12
"Wellington is to turn on the sun and dial down the wind for the Hobbit world premiere.
MetService forecaster Daniel Corbett said the long-range forecast for the red-carpet premiere on Wednesday next week was for a dry and sunny day.
Thousands are expected to fill Courtenay Place to catch a glimpse of the stars of the first movie in Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy.
Temperatures should hit 17 to 18 degrees Celsius, dropping down to 15C to 16C in the evening.
There would be slight southwesterly wind, he said"

Tigero
Rivendell

Nov 22 2012, 6:02pm

Post #2 of 8 (157 views)
Shortcut
Looked at local forecast... whole page filled with grey clouds [In reply to] Can't Post

In Finland we have this thing called winter depression, all come and enjoy this wonderful home of Santa Claus, where land is unsnowed and sky always clouded and rainy! Can't take this, must get summer back... or atleast a decent winter to come.

Pessimists have no disappointments.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 22 2012, 9:35pm

Post #3 of 8 (109 views)
Shortcut
Slip, slop, slap all ye visitors to Wellington! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our UV's will getch yuh. Slip on a shirt, slop on the sunscreen and slap on a hat. It's amazing how fast one burns here. Maybe you can get one of these from Weta Cave:
(scroll down)
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/...578&e=f1d9ae9179

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 22 2012, 10:03pm

Post #4 of 8 (79 views)
Shortcut
Winter depression [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that the same as S.A.D?

I'm glad it will be sunny for everyone at the premiere.Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

imin
Valinor

Nov 22 2012, 11:40pm

Post #5 of 8 (113 views)
Shortcut
no snow but cloudy and rainy - thats the UK all year round, haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I love it though :P I am sure i have reverse SAD, i dislike summer and love winter!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 23 2012, 8:40am

Post #6 of 8 (133 views)
Shortcut
You and me both [In reply to] Can't Post

(Though, I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before!)Sly

Tigero
Rivendell

Nov 23 2012, 10:29am

Post #7 of 8 (79 views)
Shortcut
Yah, ''seasonal affective disorder'' [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not the cold, not even the rain or lack or snow but the darkness. You wake up, but not to sun shining on you eyes, you go to school, you leave from school and it's dark again. I guess i shouldn't complain, atleast i don't live north of the Arctic Circle, where there's possibly no sunlight at all.

Pessimists have no disappointments.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 23 2012, 11:39am

Post #8 of 8 (271 views)
Shortcut
I have a family member who suffers from it too [In reply to] Can't Post

It can be awful in the winter for them. Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.