Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Does anyone know of any other Hobbit events during Premier week?

nzlotrfan

Sep 5 2012, 9:17pm

Post #1 of 16 (727 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone know of any other Hobbit events during Premier week? Can't Post

My girlfriend and I are travelling down from Auckland to Wellington to be there for the Hobbit premier. I was wanting to know what to expect on the premier night. As well as whether there are going to be any special events/signings etc happening because of the Hobbit premier that week. I see TOR costume party is happening, but it is just a bit too expensive for us, (plus we don't own any LOTR costumes!).

Thanks! Cool

Ruinwen
Rivendell

Sep 6 2012, 12:19am

Post #2 of 16 (388 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll be down there too so I'd like to know more about what'll be going on...anyone in the know?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 6 2012, 12:57am

Post #3 of 16 (393 views)
Shortcut
We can probably arrange our own gatherings, [In reply to] Can't Post

especially on the rest days of the Red Carpet Tour group so that everyone can come together. Let's put a call out closer to the day to find out who will be in the city that week and organise things from there.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 6 2012, 5:21am

Post #4 of 16 (409 views)
Shortcut
"Just a bit expensive" [In reply to] Can't Post

Far too expensive IMO.
$125 for nibbles and music plus unspecified slebs.
We extras had our own wrap party at a cost of $25.
As Ataahua says Watch this space closer to the time.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2012, 6:40pm

Post #5 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut
Are you coming to Wellington that week? Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I agree with what you said. There are not many planned events, so we'll be making our own arrangements for gatherings and activities. I personally can't wait to have some excellent coffee in a cute cafe, and doing that with other TORN folk would be outstanding.

We will start organizing as the dates for the trip get closer.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 12:06am

Post #6 of 16 (379 views)
Shortcut
That's the plan! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll go down the day before the premier and leave the next day, so I'll be in Wellington for two nights. I must book flights and accommodation.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

kat99
The Shire

Sep 9 2012, 5:35am

Post #7 of 16 (347 views)
Shortcut
Wellington :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I am on the Red Carpet Tour and we will all be in Wellington from the 26 and leaving early the 29th. I would love to meet up with other fans who will be in the areaSmile ~Kate

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 9 2012, 12:04pm

Post #8 of 16 (376 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think many of us are arriving around that time, and I think we go to Hobbiton as a large groupCool. Watch this space and we'll make more definite plans for meetups as the time gets closer.

athenslotr
The Shire

Sep 11 2012, 12:59pm

Post #9 of 16 (314 views)
Shortcut
Sign us up! [In reply to] Can't Post

My wife, son and I will be there from Monday the 26th to Friday the 30th. We would love to meet up with visiting fans for coffee, a pint.

More importantly, if anyone is planning on staking out a good spot along the red carpet the night before - I will be out there (as a dutiful husband and father I'm taking the asphalt and leaving the comfy bed to the wife and son) and certainly wouldn't mind some company to pass the time!

I've asked contacted the Embassy and the local i-SITE in Wellington and as of now, no one is aware of any plans to sell grandstand seating along the route and they advised getting out to Courtenay Place early the day before and camping out (provided its ok with local law enforcement)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 12 2012, 7:17pm

Post #10 of 16 (317 views)
Shortcut
As they're fine with the occasional person sleeping on the streets [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think they'll blink an eye at orderly fans with sleeping bags. ;) That's dedication there, athenslotr! I really hope you have good weather for the overnighter.

Ataahua's stories

unski13

Sep 15 2012, 4:22pm

Post #11 of 16 (314 views)
Shortcut
See you there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be in Wellington 26th to 30th and I'd love to get together with other fans. :) Also, if anyone is planning a trip to Hobbiton later in the week, I'd love to join you! I'm planning to go to the Red Carpet Tours' costume party on the 26th, anyone else here coming?

alienorchid
Lorien

Sep 20 2012, 2:13am

Post #12 of 16 (306 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait [In reply to] Can't Post

My boyfriend and I are going up to Welly from Chch for my 25th bday so we'll be there around the same time, and I would love to meet up with people!!

I'm not sure if we will go to the costume party thing - it's a bit steep for a couple of students travelling on a budget :/

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 20 2012, 3:12am

Post #13 of 16 (319 views)
Shortcut
Look at this thread....... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know why its not on this forum.
http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=497216#497216
Wellington City Council are keeping very silent on planned events, seems like they are in thrall to the men in suits i.e. Warner Bros.

alienorchid
Lorien

Sep 20 2012, 3:49am

Post #14 of 16 (313 views)
Shortcut

I hope we hear something soon about what's being planned, as there are a lot of other things I want to do while in Welly. It's all so exciting! I think I will be happy so long as I get a chance to hang with other Tolkien geeks in some capacity. It's gonna be great :D

Old Toby
Gondor

Sep 20 2012, 5:28am

Post #15 of 16 (493 views)
Shortcut
me two! [In reply to] Can't Post

What I mean is, both myself and a friend are coming from Hawaii to be there in Wellington for the premier! We would love to wait with other TORn members! We also have some friends who are going with the Red Carpet Tour group, but I think they will have their own space along the route, as will those who are going with the 'Official' TORn tour group. Me and my friend will be there actually several days before the premier, and won't have access to last minute information on the web. So hopefully plans will materialize before then, so we can meet each other. Can't wait!!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

nzlotrfan

Nov 22 2012, 9:31pm

Post #16 of 16 (224 views)
Shortcut
Bump! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bump! Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.