Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
7.5 minute Trailer and TV Spot compilation edit
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 11:16am

Post #1 of 54 (1817 views)
Shortcut
7.5 minute Trailer and TV Spot compilation edit Can't Post

For those in need of a Trailer fix, here is a link to an assembly cut of all the trailers and TV spots published to date. They have been spliced and diced and re-ordered to present the shots and sequences in the probable / possible / debatable? running order. Although the audio is a little choppy without the benefit of split tracks to edit with, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the effect of seeing 7.5 minutes of The Hobbit in sequential order. None of the recently previewed Howard Shore Hobbit music has been used for copyright reasons, only ‘sound-a-like’ and LOTR compilation music already published on Youtube. Enjoy!

*Spoilers*

http://youtu.be/3Hy6O682OGI

Description:
This is a fan made compilation of all The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey trailers and TV spots, including: Announcement trailer, Announcement trailer (G), Trailer 1, TV Spot 1 - 7, UK 1 minute TV spot, Japanese 1 minute TV Spot. Shots and sequences have been re-ordered into the possible running order of the final film. Additional music: The Hobbit - Howard Shore - Misty Mountains (Cold) [Original Full Version]. Youtube, Published on May 23, 2012 by NikoBellicSerbia; The Lord of the Rings - Music Compilation. Youtube, Uploaded by zitted on Sep 19, 2009.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 20 2012, 11:23am

Post #2 of 54 (644 views)
Shortcut
Clickable Please Im Mobile.. link doesn't work/// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 20 2012, 11:33am

Post #3 of 54 (759 views)
Shortcut
Clickable Link and feedback [In reply to] Can't Post

Here Bomby: Clickable Link

It is really well made. I had the same idea in mind two days ago but awesome someelse did it! It's funny how much the TV spots and trailes already showed us the entire movie in a way. Of course there are still secrets (especially within the White Council subplot and the dwarven history part) but we already have seen clips from almost every scene of the Hobbit-story in AUJ. Great work!

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 20 2012, 11:34am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 20 2012, 11:43am

Post #4 of 54 (632 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Thanks for sharing :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you make it?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 11:50am

Post #5 of 54 (636 views)
Shortcut
Yes, a man's got to have a hobby! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another sad obsessive fan, I confess. Ticket pre-booked, read and re-read the book + annotated version. My wife just tuts and shakes her head.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 20 2012, 11:52am

Post #6 of 54 (627 views)
Shortcut
My partner does the same [In reply to] Can't Post

Buying her Twilight on DVD tends to keep her from tutting. Wink

The trailer really is brilliant. And one thing that stood out for me straight away was how much of a film it really is going to be! With all the trailers together, it feels like there is a balance between comedic Dwarves and intense action. It doesn't seem childish at all.

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 12:03pm

Post #7 of 54 (612 views)
Shortcut
Thanks - but then the source material is amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Other than the TV Spot end frames with the screening details ever shot from every Trailer or Spot has a place - bar one (I leave than for others to spot what's missing)

Two additional shots are included from the VBlogs, but i'm not telling.

I agree the balance of action, drama and comedy seems well judged and fears a worries over Riddles being to light in tone and Martin freeman's performance seem misplaced to me. I'm loving it all.

squitzl
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 12:06pm

Post #8 of 54 (637 views)
Shortcut
Really well put together. [In reply to] Can't Post

You've done a great job with the editing of the music. So that it doesn't sound too disjointed. That can't have been easy.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 20 2012, 12:15pm

Post #9 of 54 (670 views)
Shortcut
I noticed a landscape shot I had never seen before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Near(ish) the end. And the last TV spot is missing? Smile

jtarkey
Rohan

Nov 20 2012, 12:21pm

Post #10 of 54 (607 views)
Shortcut
Seconded [In reply to] Can't Post

Great job! That was probably really fun to put together. Loved the fire effect and the landscape shots from TTT. It gave the whole thing some room to breathe and feel very cohesive.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 12:23pm

Post #11 of 54 (661 views)
Shortcut
WHAT! NOOOOOOO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually I gave it a quick glance yesterday, but thought it was all old shots. Now you've made me look closer the Stone Giant shot is new! Oh well I'll probably update it in a week or so to include new material from this promised 'Sneak Peak' and the fabled 'Trailer 3' and the long lost VBlog 9!

It's all coming thick and fast at the moment - and I should be working!!!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 20 2012, 12:27pm

Post #12 of 54 (581 views)
Shortcut
WayWonderfulWork..by EditingWizards!..Whoo whoo! /// [In reply to] Can't Post

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Nov 20 2012, 1:17pm

Post #13 of 54 (537 views)
Shortcut
very very cool! // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2012, 1:32pm

Post #14 of 54 (535 views)
Shortcut
Loved it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just one thing I noticed when Gandalf is naming the dwarves is that some of them are in the wrong order. For example, Gloin is said over a shot of Ori and Dwalin is said over a shot of Dori.

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Nov 20 2012, 1:51pm

Post #15 of 54 (494 views)
Shortcut
p.s. ganked for frontpage. // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 20 2012, 1:52pm

Post #16 of 54 (541 views)
Shortcut
Splendiferous!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great job, Shemril, much appreciated. It really helps seeing things in a more sequential order, and I agree, the epicness comes over much better with the comedy put into context.

If you are going to be fiddling with this again, I wonder if it might be better to put the Dol Guldur clips a bit later, after Bilbo has left for his adventure - and directly after the Radagast sequence? The voiceover that accompanies it talks about the Dwarves reclaiming Erebor, but the visuals are of Gandalf exploring DG so it doesn't particularly make sense at that point in Bag End. Just a suggestion!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 20 2012, 1:55pm

Post #17 of 54 (495 views)
Shortcut
The two landscape shots at 5.20 aren't from the trailers? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Dlanor da Great
Rivendell

Nov 20 2012, 1:58pm

Post #18 of 54 (519 views)
Shortcut
So all the footage and spoilers only add up to about 8 min out of a 160 min movie? [In reply to] Can't Post

The we have a lot to look foward too Wink

(This post was edited by Dlanor da Great on Nov 20 2012, 1:58pm)

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 2:05pm

Post #19 of 54 (504 views)
Shortcut
Fair point ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll look at it in future tweaks, but since I decided to shift Fili, Dwalin and Gloin out of the Bagend sequence not everyone is seen so the naming of them gets out of sync at bit.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2012, 2:12pm

Post #20 of 54 (477 views)
Shortcut
the [In reply to] Can't Post

rivendell camera shot approaching the dwarves is from the vblog. Did you add the effects?

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 2:13pm

Post #21 of 54 (477 views)
Shortcut
Sure could do that ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was assuming that some of this Dol Guldur footage would be shown when Gandalf reveals the Map and Key by way of a flashback explanation. However it appears that these shots are from two separate visits; before and after Glamdring is found. However, it work better with the music and underlying voice over to lump them together and it broke the rather long Bagend sequence up a bit. But I'll have a fiddle (sometime soon).

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 2:20pm

Post #22 of 54 (446 views)
Shortcut
No all landscapes are from Spots and Trailers [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's interesting to note how hard it is to recall all these tiny fragment shots when they are spread and dispersed over 12 separate videos - which of course is why I wanted to do this. Like doing a video jigsaw. I particularly enjoyed piecing the 'Bilbo hides and looks through something' shots from Trailer (G) with the 'Gollum scampers near hiding Bilbo' from the Japanese trailer.

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 2:23pm

Post #23 of 54 (460 views)
Shortcut
That's right it from VBlog 5 i think [In reply to] Can't Post

ran it quick and dirty through After Effects - Weta won't be impressed with my Chromakey!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2012, 2:36pm

Post #24 of 54 (458 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

video 4 about 3d. And im doing it from memory haha.

But good work!

Shemril
The Shire

Nov 20 2012, 2:42pm

Post #25 of 54 (439 views)
Shortcut
Your right of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's all such a blur ... my heads swimming from being jacked to the front page! Of course this means it's now easier for Warner Brothers to hunt me down and slap my wrists - nowhere to hide now!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.