Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A little help, Please. Can anyone find the exact line in either a Cinemacon or Comicon footage description, which mentions Gandalf using

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 17 2012, 12:31am

Views: 749
Shortcut
A little help, Please. Can anyone find the exact line in either a Cinemacon or Comicon footage description, which mentions Gandalf using Can't Post

Glamdring to put on a light show prior to fighting a "troll" or other monster. I am certain that I read that in one of the early descriptions of aired footage, but I have not been able to find the exact account. I have been hoping very much to see Gandalf's temporary routing of the goblins in The Misty Mountains display, as per the book, the Wizard's skill with enchantments over fire, in as majestic a display of natural magic as was seen in "Arwen's" waves and Saruman's storm, though on a more localized scale. I would like to think that the shining sword takes place at some other point (perhaps the famous about face moment), and that a more book centered display is on the menu for the assailing of The Goblin Court. . . but if that isn't the case, I'd rather be forewarned. I was hoping to be able to at least get a second look at that brief description of images, but while I have found a number of descriptions of the footage from both con events, I have been unable to rediscover the line concerning Gandalf's use of Glamdring. If anyone can find and share it for me, I would greatlu appreciate it.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
A little help, Please. Can anyone find the exact line in either a Cinemacon or Comicon footage description, which mentions Gandalf using AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 17 2012, 12:31am
    There is a reference to the glowing sword here Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 17 2012, 12:42am
        This is one of the ones I was talking about. Thank you. There is one other that is more descriptive AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 17 2012, 2:02am
            Ah it's still this one - just a bit further down. Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 17 2012, 2:38am
                I think one of those giants Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 17 2012, 2:44am
                    Ah yes good point. Very probably. Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 17 2012, 3:10am
                Thank you Again, Lacrimae Rearum. I made the mistake Sauron made with Thrain. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 17 2012, 3:42am
                Mis understanding DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 17 2012, 11:04am
                    That is what I was thinking also, Daniel B. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 17 2012, 6:41pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.