Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:27pm

Post #251 of 458 (19672 views)
Shortcut
**Self Serve - but don't stop partying and get those oldies here, pronto! Cheers everyone! /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be back to check on progress later.

SmileSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:31pm

Post #252 of 458 (20657 views)
Shortcut
Wait! I can't leave yet!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not for this occasion. But wait, a ginger ale? Okay, what did you do with the real Scout? CoolWinkLaugh

Wonderful to see you here, my dear! I just told Auxerre she and Mr. A should come to Colorado for a visit. You and Mr. Scout should join them and show us mountain folk how to make a REAL DRC. CoolLaugh

So glad you stopped by. *HUGE MASSIVE HUGS!!* Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2007, 7:31pm)

Ginger
Rohan

Post #253 of 458 (20520 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad yours came today [In reply to] Can't Post

After commiserating with you the other day, I didn't want to feel guilty getting mine today.

Have a good weekend, LF!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #254 of 458 (20736 views)
Shortcut
Hey Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Morrowdim
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:32pm

Post #255 of 458 (19968 views)
Shortcut
I'll take an ice cold bottle of Dublin Dr Pepper to-go, please. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do believe this is my first FF post. I started lurking at TORn a year ago this week and I am so glad that I finally arrived.

I would never have guessed that a year later, I would be staring at the loveliest map ever made as it hangs on my wall. I've got it in a poster-frame until I can get it in to be professionally framed. My sis is going to help with that because she's got an excellent eye for those kinds of things. I need to skedaddle on over to her house in Allen now. (Not, unfortunately, to get her for a trip to the framers. Instead, I've got to help her with some divorce preparations. My map will have to wait until we can get her more settled. After that, I hope to try and get her to come here, too.)

Ginger
Rohan

Post #256 of 458 (20661 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations diedye! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really happy for you.

Scout
Rivendell

Post #257 of 458 (19596 views)
Shortcut
Not subtle enough? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're thinking a certain thing, you just might be right.

Very nice of you to stay to serve it to me! I'm glad things sound good in your happy home.

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:34pm

Post #258 of 458 (20602 views)
Shortcut
You have a good weekend too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we don't get your snow.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:34pm

Post #259 of 458 (20279 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to FF, Morrowdim!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You picked a great day to join in! :D

Congrats on getting the map! I hope you have a great weekend!

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:36pm

Post #260 of 458 (20171 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you, old pal!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:36pm

Post #261 of 458 (20181 views)
Shortcut
Hi Morrowdim!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So nice to see you here for Fiesta!

Congrats on getting the map and best of luck helping your sis get through everything. That's great of you. Smile

Did I mention that Fiesta newbies have to buy all the drinks? Wink

TORn Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 7:37pm

Post #262 of 458 (21209 views)
Shortcut
What? [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean no one is making some dreadful pun about Map-quest?

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:37pm

Post #263 of 458 (19773 views)
Shortcut
*gramma-style flying tackle hug* I'm glad you're here too [In reply to] Can't Post

How are things with you? It's funny how I run across something, and I think of you. I know you like the book "Atonement" and when Entertainment Weekly magazine mentioned it, I thought of you. I hope things are well.

I'm doing well. My hair actually has grown so much that I had a haircut (the first in 16 months!).

Have a good weekend, and I hope I see you around.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:38pm

Post #264 of 458 (21755 views)
Shortcut
For real?!! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're thinking a certain thing, you just might be right.

WOOT!!!!

Keep me posted! Smile

TORn Calendar

Auxerre
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:38pm

Post #265 of 458 (20636 views)
Shortcut
HA! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez if you get her started on the "Atonement" movie.......

I think it's safe to say she's looking forward to it.

Just sayin'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:40pm

Post #266 of 458 (21381 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Ginger [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope all is well and healthy with you.

hatster
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:42pm

Post #267 of 458 (21003 views)
Shortcut
whoa! blast from the past :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

gotta run...at work..but good to see you

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:42pm

Post #268 of 458 (20260 views)
Shortcut
Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lovely to see you too! Welcome to the party! Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:43pm

Post #269 of 458 (20869 views)
Shortcut
December 7th [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just itching for it to be released here! Liked the book a lot, LOVE James McAvoy, and the trailer has left me breathless all of the 20 or so times I've watched it. Yeah, you could say I'm excited for it to be released.

Glad to hear it on the health front.... My recent whining about my hair being too long is suddenly in perspective. :-) I hope you like your haircut.

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:44pm

Post #270 of 458 (20227 views)
Shortcut
Your icon image [In reply to] Can't Post

Makes me laugh every time. I'm sure kitty can has cheezburger.

Nice to see you, too, hat!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:45pm

Post #271 of 458 (20468 views)
Shortcut
I second that! [In reply to] Can't Post

How exciting!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:47pm

Post #272 of 458 (21064 views)
Shortcut
A real DRC can actually earn you... [In reply to] Can't Post

An "I'm so bad I vacation in Detroit" T-shirt.

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:49pm

Post #273 of 458 (19643 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, guys [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a long and often painful road to get here, so it's a very good thing.

:-)

deej
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:53pm

Post #274 of 458 (19489 views)
Shortcut
Hi Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's good to see you here. You have been missed- I don't have as many people here to talk music with. Smile

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Ltlberr
The Shire

Nov 9 2007, 8:09pm

Post #275 of 458 (20346 views)
Shortcut
I would absolutely kill for a Long Island tea (with lime not lemon) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey y'all! I can't remember the last time I made it to FF. Thanks to Kethry for the heads up.

I'm living in Shreveport, Louisiana and going to esthetics school to be a makeup artist. The film business is booming here, so opportunities abound. I'm in the process of moving into my own tiny little studio apartment downtown. It's very ghetto but charming. This past August I played a role in a short movie that my friend Jeremy wrote and directed. It was the most amazing experience! Terrifying and wonderful and frustrating and everything I ever imagined it would be. We are still in the very early stages of editing, but one day we will have a premier and submit it to some film festivals. And there are lots of other projects in the works, too. Creative collaboration is so addictive!

I've missed you all and think about you often.

Much love,
Tonya

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.