Gondor

Nov 16 2012, 6:13pm

Post #1 of 269 (5835 views)
Shortcut
TV Spot #7 Can't Post

The official facebook page of "The Hobbit" just posted another new TV Spot:

http://www.facebook.com/...?v=10101833385757066

There a some new elements in.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 16 2012, 6:14pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2012, 6:14pm

Post #2 of 269 (3990 views)
Shortcut
Argh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beat by 30 seconds.Tongue

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 16 2012, 6:15pm

Post #3 of 269 (3914 views)
Shortcut
It's like a game now.. who's first :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes... you can't imagine what my face looks like at the moment Laugh

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Nov 16 2012, 6:18pm

Post #4 of 269 (3879 views)
Shortcut
oooh [In reply to] Can't Post

im just trying to tell myself its a kids film , its a kids film its ok to have comedy dwarves sometimes lol

loving the font mr dol guldor how did you get that, and what one is it?

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:22pm

Post #5 of 269 (3896 views)
Shortcut
Here it is on YouTube as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=g-all-u

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:24pm

Post #6 of 269 (3924 views)
Shortcut
At :07 is where Bilbo finds himself left behind by the Goblins... [In reply to] Can't Post

leading to the duel with the Goblin seen in Trailer 2, and subsequently Riddles in the Dark running concurrently with Goblin-town.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 16 2012, 6:24pm

Post #7 of 269 (3820 views)
Shortcut
Haha thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey please call me Lieutenant Tongue

Well... it is called "Century Gothic" and I looked for a personal trademark within this forum, because most of you do just use the standart font
.. I think it is "Arial". You can change it very easily while writing a post.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:26pm

Post #8 of 269 (3876 views)
Shortcut
*lol* 3 threads [In reply to] Can't Post

As for the spot, Bilbo's expression at 0:08 should be more scared. Unsure

Admittedly, i laughed when Gandalf spoke of stealth and we see Bombur crashing, "where's the meat" was pretty funny, too.

Thoromir
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 6:32pm

Post #9 of 269 (3885 views)
Shortcut
...and a first good look at the bunny-sleigh [In reply to] Can't Post

Not bad. Kinda like it :)

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 16 2012, 6:32pm

Post #10 of 269 (3845 views)
Shortcut
Bats? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are those bats or just birds chasing after Raddy on his bunny sled?

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 16 2012, 6:33pm

Post #11 of 269 (3780 views)
Shortcut
you need to keep a post window open in one tab at all times.... [In reply to] Can't Post

(which I guess is like dialing the first 7 numbers of the radio station on which you're waiting to catch a giveaway announcement... once it's announced, you just dial the last number. There's a blast from the past!)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

imin
Valinor

Nov 16 2012, 6:35pm

Post #12 of 269 (3810 views)
Shortcut
Looks pretty good [In reply to] Can't Post

I had missed a couple of other tv spots - yet to actually see any of them on tv, lol.

For me tv spot 6 is the one i enjoyed the most. Though it was good to get to see a bit more of the bunny sledge - not a fan of it but i dont hate it anymore either. Was great to see some goblins moving around, i am looking forward to seeing those on screen and bag end in the sun :)

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 16 2012, 6:38pm

Post #13 of 269 (3763 views)
Shortcut
you can change it easily if you are using Advanced Editor [In reply to] Can't Post

Those of us using Basic Editor (because some browsers do not support Advanced Editor) don't have it so easy.

I think the default font depends in part what your browser settings are. It was a different font when I was using Firefox than it is now that I'm using Chrome.

With the old boards, you could set font and color for the posts you made in your standard forum settings (and never fuss with it again until you wanted to change it). But in the new set up, it has to be done with every post you make.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

DanielLB
Immortal

Post #14 of 269 (3846 views)
Shortcut
Not the best [In reply to] Can't Post

But plenty of new shots. I hope we've sen the majority of the humour ... It's wearing thin now.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Post #15 of 269 (3828 views)
Shortcut
It does seem too pantomime... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I wouldn't read too much into it. Hard to discern the full context of it from that edit.

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 6:41pm

Post #16 of 269 (3771 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope this was the "funny" spot.

The humour is, as you say, wearing thin.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 16 2012, 6:42pm

Post #17 of 269 (3800 views)
Shortcut
Yes I had the same in mind... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is my theory (SPOILERS):

- They all (except Gandalf) get captured by the Goblins as in the book (trailer #2)

- They all were brought to Goblin Town
- Bilbo falls over (TV spot #7) and perhaps only one single Goblin is noticing him.
- The others are running forward to their king (trailer #2)
- The Goblin attacks Bilbo, Sting is defending him (trailer #2)
- Bilbo tries to escape but falls even deeper into the dark. The Goblin follows him and perhaps get killed by Gollum using his ring or at least dies on his way down to Gollums cave.
- Gollum notices this big bunch of meat while Bilbo hides behind the mushrooms (TV spot #5)
- Gollum takes his food back to his island losing his ring.
- Bilbo follows Gollum, who is now eating the dead Goblin.
- Bilbo finds the Ring
- Gollum notices Bilbo and comes back with his boat to look at Bilbo. Because he isn't hungry (just had eaten a Goblin) he regards him with curiosity
- Riddles in the Dark
- Gollum is looking for his ring on his island but than he remembers that he used it before (perhaps while killing the Goblin) and yes... we all know what happens next Tongue

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 16 2012, 6:42pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:46pm

Post #18 of 269 (3779 views)
Shortcut
Mirkwood's looking pretty cool at :12... [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked the colorful set we saw in the vlogs, so nice to see that though muted by the Red Cameras/color grading, the forest is still appropriately mystical.

Also, judging by Raddy's face here, (and the birds fleeing with him as they flutter over his head), he's escaping the spiders here - which has seemed likely for a while now.

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2012, 6:46pm

Post #19 of 269 (3837 views)
Shortcut
Dwalin: Where's the meat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ugluk: Looks like meat's NOT on the menu, boys.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:50pm

Post #20 of 269 (3782 views)
Shortcut
My hope is that the Gandy/White Council/Necro/Erebor back-story, and more heartfelt material [In reply to] Can't Post

such as Bilbo's speech from the last spot help off-set what will likely be "funny" Dwarf shenanigans throughout Film 1.

Seaber
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 6:51pm

Post #21 of 269 (3750 views)
Shortcut
Ori [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like he's got the mummy's boy attitude mentioned and hinted at in descriptions. Hope it doesn't get to annyoing, because he's one of my favourite dwarves (for some reason) :)

Is Bilbo invisible to the Goblins when he falls down? That was the first impression I got.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:52pm

Post #22 of 269 (3684 views)
Shortcut
He hasn't found the Ring yet. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:52pm

Post #23 of 269 (3758 views)
Shortcut
It bothers me that it sometimes seems as if Bilbo is taking things too lite. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have nothing against appropriate levity but in a situation like this where he gets dragged down the tunnels by goblins he should feel miserable. Making it seem as if it's a mild inconvenience at best, you turn a moment that should be tense into a scene that could be out of a Disney family film.

I hope in context, it works better... Unsure

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Nov 16 2012, 6:57pm)

Seaber
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 6:54pm

Post #24 of 269 (3686 views)
Shortcut
I thought it might have been after he leapt [In reply to] Can't Post

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:54pm

Post #25 of 269 (3757 views)
Shortcut
"Sir Peter, the Vegan Advocacy Society of New Zealand would like to have a word with you... [In reply to] Can't Post

We've noticed a disturbing recurring trend in your work". Wink

Ah well, there's always Bifur and his flowers.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.