Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Auxerre
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:01pm

Post #226 of 458 (21411 views)
Shortcut
Good to be back! [In reply to] Can't Post

I nosey around from time to time, but usually work is too hectic. But of course, I couldn't miss the big Homecoming event!

Nice to see you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deej
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:01pm

Post #227 of 458 (21656 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it will! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great time. Smile

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:02pm

Post #228 of 458 (22225 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it hard to fence [In reply to] Can't Post

with a claymore? Not that I know anything about it, but I always thought they were pretty heavy. More like a broadsword?

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #229 of 458 (21657 views)
Shortcut
Alright... I won't tell you. :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you here, Silverlode! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Post #230 of 458 (22048 views)
Shortcut
Aww, it's nice to be missed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't had a chance to plant anything since we moved a year and a half ago. Frown

I've been working on these other weeds...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 7:03pm

Post #231 of 458 (21396 views)
Shortcut
How about Maplings? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I leave to eat lunch and when I get back I find people sprawled out all over the bar. It'll take me all night to get around to each and every one of your lovely nicknames.

So to everyone here who I haven't greeted personally, a big group hug!!!! Good to see your pixels!

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

deej
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:03pm

Post #232 of 458 (21685 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice seeing you again. Smile

deej
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:04pm

Post #233 of 458 (20029 views)
Shortcut
Have a ball! [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush Sorry, couldn't resist. It was so great seeing you and the other 'sibs again. I hope we can do it again soon! *hugs*

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:04pm

Post #234 of 458 (21720 views)
Shortcut
You think [In reply to] Can't Post

they use the same ammo as for haggis?

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:05pm

Post #235 of 458 (21595 views)
Shortcut
*turns deep green* [In reply to] Can't Post

New Zealand again! I'm SO jealous. BG and I were going to go this Xmass, but bought a house instead. We're going next Xmass for sure though.

I love the idea of our paths crossing again soon! Come and spend a weekend in Colorado. We have plenty of room!

As it so happens, we've got all the fixins for a DRC , so I'll have to try one soon.

*wonders if using a *map* of Detroit as a placemat for a DRC will improve the taste* Wink

Edited to add: Where *IS* Scout, anyway? Tell her to get over here and say hi. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2007, 7:06pm)

Morwen
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:06pm

Post #236 of 458 (22152 views)
Shortcut
Mapsters?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've heard your anguish, I've heard your hearts cry out
We are tired, we are weary, but we aren't worn out
Set down your chains, until only faith remains
Set down your chains--Jewel

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:08pm

Post #237 of 458 (22644 views)
Shortcut
Cute kids! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I think I can still see an Elf ear...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Mar
Gondor

Nov 9 2007, 7:09pm

Post #238 of 458 (22308 views)
Shortcut
*Putting out a collection cup for a new chair for diedye* [In reply to] Can't Post

This is wonderful news diedye. So glad to hear things are turning around for you. Keep seeing things getting better and better and holding appreciation for what you have. A big cheers!!! - you have always brought so much to the boards.

Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:09pm

Post #239 of 458 (21127 views)
Shortcut
I love [In reply to] Can't Post

owning my own home, but by crikey they can be expensive to keep. Just this week I've been told the house needs a new roof. :(

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:11pm

Post #240 of 458 (20220 views)
Shortcut
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD TO OLDIES!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for shouting, but I KNOW there are lots of oldies who haven't shown up today, and we dearly miss them.

Please spread the word, this weekend especially, and let them know that this thread 1) will not lock, 2) will not fall off the board for at least a few days and 3) can be replied to even if it does.

They probably won't believe you, lol, so tell them they have to come here and see it for themselves. WinkSmile

And BIG HUGS to all the oldies who DID show up so far. We miss you dearly and hope to see you more often!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2007, 7:18pm)

Auxerre
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:12pm

Post #241 of 458 (21467 views)
Shortcut
You, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope things are well with you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:12pm

Post #242 of 458 (22623 views)
Shortcut
*gramma-style flying tackle hug* So good to see you [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope things are going well for you. *tries hard to remember* Are you teaching? I thought that was how you were headed.

I'm still in the library, and haven't gone back to school yet, though I keep telling myself "next semester, do it!" I've switched responsibilities in the library, and now I do acquisitions. I don't pick what to buy, I just make sure it gets bought.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:14pm

Post #243 of 458 (22023 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, indeed. We need to fix up the old place to rent and now that it's mostly empty, I'm realizing just how many of those little quirky things that need fixing up, but aren't emergencies, you just get used to living with.

*sends Ataahua a few virtual buckets Wink and a few virtual dollars Tongue and lots of very real good wishes. Smile

TORn Calendar

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 7:14pm

Post #244 of 458 (20981 views)
Shortcut
Mai Tai, please, even though [In reply to] Can't Post

it's only 9 am in Hawaii! I'm leaving on a jet plane (humming) with my 5-yr-old granddaughter. We're meeting her mom in LA, along with my best friend, and we're all going to Disneyland on Sunday. The BF is bringing her 2 grandsons, so we'll be 3 adults, 3 kids (5, 6, 8). Should be a blast!

What a treat to see so many old friends here today! Cheers to all!

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:20pm

Post #245 of 458 (21423 views)
Shortcut
Mapakil? Mappers? Mappists? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will check the number when I get home. (I'm back at work now and don't have it with me.)

It's definitely going to be framed and hung in my game room!

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Nov 9 2007, 7:20pm

Post #246 of 458 (21618 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Elizabeth.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had an email from Ro and NZ and they've sent me piccies of the new arrival, and what a cute thing he is too! I'm so very pleased for them both.

It's good to see TORn still going strong and I'm sorry I'm not able to spend more time here. Still, it's nice to pop in from time to time and good to know that I'm not forgotten! Laugh

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:21pm

Post #247 of 458 (21697 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent news! Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Ginger
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 7:24pm

Post #248 of 458 (22479 views)
Shortcut
I've been tempted to try that [In reply to] Can't Post

*hugs back atcha* You have a good weekend too.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 7:25pm

Post #249 of 458 (21439 views)
Shortcut
I'll take 'em all! [In reply to] Can't Post

The more, the merrier! And the straw, excellent idea.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Scout
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 7:26pm

Post #250 of 458 (20686 views)
Shortcut
A ginger ale, please [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!!!

I'm still here on occasion....and some little birdies told me to stop by today, tweet-tweet.

Life has been pretty good. I hope all is well with you all.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.