Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hmph - well since it's been moved (spoiler)

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Nov 15 2012, 10:02pm

Post #1 of 11 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Hmph - well since it's been moved (spoiler) Can't Post

Confirmation from the Heroclix figures that Yazneg is from Dol Guldur.

LR

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 3:21am

Post #2 of 11 (525 views)
Shortcut
I've looked at the items on Ebay, but where is the new info on Yazneg...? [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the toy itself, but seem to have missed what I assume is the packaging or item description? Thanks.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 16 2012, 8:00am

Post #3 of 11 (485 views)
Shortcut
Which has some implications in terms of story changes [In reply to] Can't Post

Yazneg is present during the "Into the Fire" scene. So do Goblins of the Misty Mountains and Orcs of Dol Guldur both turn up?

Why can't they keep things simple?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Pousette
Rivendell

Nov 16 2012, 8:23am

Post #4 of 11 (460 views)
Shortcut
Here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i16.photobucket.com/...riterz/018Yazneg.jpg

Fardragon
Rohan

Nov 16 2012, 8:39am

Post #5 of 11 (435 views)
Shortcut
Like I said, [In reply to] Can't Post

he's a vampire.

Bloodthirsty, Tooth and Claw, Your Death Makes Me Stronger...

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 16 2012, 12:36pm

Post #6 of 11 (403 views)
Shortcut
Do we know that? [In reply to] Can't Post

*In Ian Mckellan's voice of course*

I heard from someone (can't remember if it was a TORnado or someone else) that Iron man is in a set he totally shouldn't be or some other character in another lego set. Sure lego is right about the scribe and all that, I never doubted that because Lego wouldn't just make up a character for their sets, but they might shift existing characters around from set-to-set. I'm still not 100% sure that Yazneg is in that scene.

And also, I don't think the MM goblins will turn up at all. Just hunter orcs and maybe (probably) Yazneg and his crew.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 6:08pm

Post #7 of 11 (335 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. Vampire or not, again it seems he's certainly more than just another Orc baddie....// [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Nov 16 2012, 8:48pm

Post #8 of 11 (334 views)
Shortcut
I'm almost certain Yazneg is some kind of vampire, based on the description ("Your death makes me stronger", "Bloodthirst", etc) [In reply to] Can't Post

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2012, 8:57pm

Post #9 of 11 (330 views)
Shortcut
The Lego site calls him a "Brute Orc"... [In reply to] Can't Post

though I suppose he could be a "Vampire Orc"? There was speculation of Goblin werewolves a while back as I recall...Wink

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2012, 9:52pm

Post #10 of 11 (324 views)
Shortcut
Or an Orc Wight? C'est possible [In reply to] Can't Post

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Nov 17 2012, 10:56pm

Post #11 of 11 (332 views)
Shortcut
Two other tidbits [In reply to] Can't Post

Yazneg is described as a "ruler" , Bolg being the only other Orc with this appellation.

And Fimbul, unlike the other Orcs is not labelled with Dol Guldur - so could we be on the wrong track with him?

Oh and Radagast doesn't get a White Council label.

LR

(This post was edited by Lacrimae Rerum on Nov 17 2012, 10:59pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.