Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 6:46pm

Post #201 of 458 (21552 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

No real plans for me, except minor work on a review for my site.

That play sounds cool, though. Have fun, whatever you choose! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 6:46pm

Post #202 of 458 (20495 views)
Shortcut
Hurray!!! What's your map number, Idril? I was thinking... [In reply to] Can't Post

does anybody want a group name?

I came up with: MapSibs
Keepers of the Map...

Anybody got any other choices? Do ya want a group name?

For Gondor!

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 6:47pm

Post #203 of 458 (20533 views)
Shortcut
*peers across the river and waves* [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be the Arkansas River, wouldn't it? Bet the leaves are beautiful in the Ozarks about now. I've driven through the state a few times on my way to visit relatives in Memphis. Went to Hot Springs once which was nice. Also Blanchard Springs Caverns. Always love a good cavern.

I had a good friend (sadly, he passed on years ago) from a small town called Alpine once. Ever heard of it?

~~~~~~~~

Formerly known as GaladrielTX

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 6:47pm

Post #204 of 458 (21058 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone seems to feel the same way about that.

~~~~~~~~

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 6:48pm

Post #205 of 458 (20205 views)
Shortcut
Cheers! / [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Post #206 of 458 (19894 views)
Shortcut
I nearly missed it!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally forgot it was homecoming today - and we even talked about it in Chicago last weekend! Anyway I am having a mad day - the ball for which I am on the organising committee is tonight, so I have a million things to do before the event, and somewhere in there I have to find time to make myself look decent. (To paraphrase Aragon, 'It's a looooong job...' Wink)

So - I'll just grab a glass of champagne to go, if I may! CHEERS to TORnsibs old and new! Hope to see some old 'faces' posting here today - I'll enjoy reading the thread when I have breathing space tomorrow. Meanwhile did I mention that I love TORn? Last weekend's moot reminded me once again what a fabulous bunch of people TORnsibs truly are. {{hugs}} and happy weekend to all! Heart

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Altaira
Superuser

Post #207 of 458 (20032 views)
Shortcut
Auxerre!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dang, but it's nice to see you here, girl!! Hope all is going VERY well with you and Mr. A.

A DRC, huh? Well, okay.. but this might hurt going down..

Anyway, that's what I get when I google DRC, lol! Laugh

Care to enlighten this bartender? Free DRCs all day if you do. Wink

*HUGE HUGS* my dear! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:49pm

Post #208 of 458 (21249 views)
Shortcut
It's Brigadoon [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember the old movie, but it'll be interesting to see as a play. The person I know who is in it usually does musicals, but the role he has this time has no singing, and he gets a death scene. I'm looking forward to it.

Your weekend sounds relaxing. I usually try to cram too much in, and end up tired before the next week begins.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:50pm

Post #209 of 458 (20948 views)
Shortcut
*sits self down in corner with BG* [In reply to] Can't Post

Right, now about the Black Caps' opening woes in South Africa...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Nov 9 2007, 6:51pm

Post #210 of 458 (20558 views)
Shortcut
Ah Edinburgh - fabulous! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course not QUITE as great as Glasgow! Wink But a wonderful city nonetheless. Congrats on the new job and the impending move.

Oh - in my experience, not much fencing going on in Scotland! Hope you find a good club to join! Maybe if/when I get to move back we can fence together!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 6:52pm

Post #211 of 458 (20369 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, have fun, greendragon! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure you'll look stunning, as always. Smile

Have lots of fun at the ball. Don't lose any slippers. Wink

*hugs*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:52pm

Post #212 of 458 (19957 views)
Shortcut
greendragon is never late [In reply to] Can't Post

She arrives precisely when she can squeeze in a second

Take a deep breath! Happy weekend.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:53pm

Post #213 of 458 (20579 views)
Shortcut
You're on! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll try to arrange some warmer weather for you this time.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Auxerre
Rivendell

Post #214 of 458 (21010 views)
Shortcut
A genuine DRC [In reply to] Can't Post

is made by Scout -- gin, tonic water, and lots of Rose's lime juice. DRC = Detroit Rock City. I think you have to actually drink it in Detroit for it to be genuine, but an approximation will work!!

Yes, all is well with us. We go to NZ at the end of December for our friends' wedding, so that is of course going to be great. Otherwise, just the usual - work, school, more work, more school.....

Good to see you, too! Who knows, maybe our paths will cross again soon!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Post #215 of 458 (20476 views)
Shortcut
*dons shades and enjoys the weather with you* [In reply to] Can't Post

Neighbors have planted pansies, but my impatiens are still blooming like mad.

I was wondering where you'd gone, fellow Tex!

~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 6:54pm

Post #216 of 458 (19922 views)
Shortcut
We miss you, Cheshie! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're all great. Ro and NZ had another little princeling a few weeks ago. If you can find last week's Fiesta, she posted a couple of pictures.

Lots of newbies these days, so TORn is in great shape, new look and all.

Son of Elizabeth in Frodo's tree
March, 2007

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Post #217 of 458 (20343 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll all drink to that!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #218 of 458 (19695 views)
Shortcut
Don't tell me I got here before Self-serve hour? [In reply to] Can't Post

What's happening to the world? Wink

A happy greeting to all 'Sibs old and new and in-between on this auspicious occasion! It's lovely to see every one of you.

The last one of these was on the old boards, yes? Which means that we are also celebrating nearly a year here in our new place. Seems to be holding up pretty well, doens't it? The list of things to celebrate today just keeps getting longer. Cool

I think I'll have a large miruvor with a parasol if you're still serving, Altaira!

*sits down and beams at the company assembled*

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Auxerre
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 6:55pm

Post #219 of 458 (20623 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

As I explained to Altaira, a DRC is actually a drink invented (and I should also say perfected) by Scout - gin, tonic water, and lots of Rose's lime juice.

Nice to see all the familiar faces today! Hope you're doing well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Post #220 of 458 (20951 views)
Shortcut
I will guard your drinkie with my life. [In reply to] Can't Post

*hugs for Patty*

~~~~~~~~

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #221 of 458 (20035 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome back, Cheshy! I hope life's been treating you nicely. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:57pm

Post #222 of 458 (20640 views)
Shortcut
It's all good [In reply to] Can't Post

And since I'm in Detroit, I can contribute genuine Detroit tonic water, for your DRC. Still probably won't be the same as Scout's, but I try.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:58pm

Post #223 of 458 (20142 views)
Shortcut
Auxerre! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome back! It's lovely to see your nick about again. It should happen more often!

Silverlode

-On Fairy Stories

deej
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 7:00pm

Post #224 of 458 (20643 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

If I could send you Sean Bean as a present, I would. Hope this is okay? :

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 7:01pm

Post #225 of 458 (20417 views)
Shortcut
Take your pick, Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, the bartender pulled a mostly-day-off-but-will-have-to-work-later today! LaughWink So, I'm still here and enjoying this Fiesta immensely!

*slides bottle of miruvor down the bar* If I were you, I'd just stick a couple of umbrellas and a straw in the bottle. CoolWink

Have a great weekend, dear!

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2007, 7:25pm)

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.