Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
What happened to Lego LotR game? It's no where to be found!

atreyu2112

Nov 13 2012, 6:00pm

Post #1 of 9 (433 views)
Shortcut
What happened to Lego LotR game? It's no where to be found! Can't Post

Just tried to pick up my pre-ordered copy at Gamestop and they didn't get it in. So I went to TRU, Target and Best Buy and they didn't get it. Now I just checked Amazon and it lists it as ships in 4-7 weeks O_o

So I went onto some other forums and everyone is asking but no one really knows. What happened? Very sad, I had off from work today.

ps... I ordered the Wii version. I already have the 3DS version but want to play it with my wife on the "big" tv.

iandea14
Rivendell

Nov 13 2012, 7:02pm

Post #2 of 9 (142 views)
Shortcut
Packaging Error [In reply to] Can't Post

So I work at Fred Meyer and I was asking about Lego LOTR with my firend in electonics and he told me that they had a packaging error and they had to ship back everything and that it should be coming out in like a week or two, hopefully it'll be sooner than later. Also you might know this but is it a free roam game? Can you just take a stroll from the Shire to Rivendell?

atreyu2112

Nov 13 2012, 7:53pm

Post #3 of 9 (165 views)
Shortcut
Yes indeed... free roaming! [In reply to] Can't Post

At any time you can select the map and location. Within each location is another map, but you must walk to each level within that location.

Same with the characters in free play. Whatever characters you acquire, you can play at any given time which is very cool. Pretty much any character that is in the movie that has a name, you can play as. Even Tom Bombadil and Radagast the Brown!

Now, I'm not sure how the interface will work for PS3, 360 or Wii, but I assume when you pause the game or maybe hit a certain button, it will pull up the map/character display.

Game Informer reports that the 360 version was packed with the DEMO disc, and it has been recalled. So be very careful when purchasing that version.
http://www.gameinformer.com/...-rings-recalled.aspx

Lego.com now has Wii listed as 11/27 release. And I went back to my local Gamestop and they said they should have them all by this Friday. We'll see...

What I really love about the Lego games in general is that they are fun to play, very funny, and hard enough to make it challenging, yet not so hard as to require a guide book. IMO, this game is the best Lego game EVER, and I can't wait for the coming Hobbit version.

But what I really can't wait for is to play Lego LotR on a big HD TV!

iandea14
Rivendell

Nov 13 2012, 11:14pm

Post #4 of 9 (113 views)
Shortcut
That would Suck [In reply to] Can't Post

that would suck to get the demo! Yeah I knew it was something with the packaging but I wasn't sure exactly what.

iandea14
Rivendell

Nov 13 2012, 11:19pm

Post #5 of 9 (127 views)
Shortcut
But also [In reply to] Can't Post

That free roaming sounds so awesome, I can't wait to play as Tom Bombadil and LEGOlas........haha I'm so funny!

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 14 2012, 3:36am

Post #6 of 9 (111 views)
Shortcut
I got mine today! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got mine today!!!!! So excited, one of the best video games I have ever played and hands down the best Lego video game ever! I am at the council of elrond scene and have Benny playing since four when I got off work. It Is massive. There are so many places to explore and so many places and things to discover! You can even go to the lands behind the shire such as the green mountains! Haven't been there yet, but it sounds cool. You can get mithril to forge gear and ride mounts such as eagles and horses wherever! And the story is great! I only did a few side quests and focused on the story. I'll go back and do alot of things after. I feel like I've hardly even dented it! I'll go back and play more now!!LaughWinkWinkHeart

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 14 2012, 3:43am

Post #7 of 9 (111 views)
Shortcut
Radaghast! [In reply to] Can't Post

How do you unlock him? And how do you change the time of day, or does it just change automatically, like the weather? And sorry to bombard you with questions, but how do you play as characters you've previously bought or unlocked? Do you have to play as them in free play only? Oh and what system do you have it for? Sorry, and thank you!!

Fardragon
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 9:09am

Post #8 of 9 (168 views)
Shortcut
It's normal in lego games [In reply to] Can't Post

for you to only be able to play unlocked characters in Free Play mode. You select one via the main interface, and a selection of others are assigned by the computer to make sure you have all the abilities you need to complete the level.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 15 2012, 3:42am

Post #9 of 9 (308 views)
Shortcut
Oh, ok! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! I actually got radaghast today! I just used secret codes to get him, but for those of you more patient you can later travel to mirkwood to find him, if you don't want to use the codes.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.