Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:35pm

Post #176 of 458 (24552 views)
Shortcut
A father of a friend [In reply to] Can't Post

is having that same treatment. I don't have fond thoughts of living in a previous time period - give me right now with the medical advances we enjoy!

I hope your husband is doing OK after the treatment, Elby.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 6:35pm

Post #177 of 458 (23867 views)
Shortcut
Hi there, Morwen! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you here!

You know, you probably shouldn't have said anything. A crisis is now probably imminent. Crazy Though, I certainly hope not!

I'll see if Hengist has left any 1420 for you. Wink

Cheers, sweetie!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:36pm

Post #178 of 458 (25477 views)
Shortcut
Well, it's about the ususal time for us [In reply to] Can't Post

But it's probably late for everyone else. We had a small rope-separation problem the last time we took the boat out, and it's been sitting while my husband fixed it. Two days ago we went out in the 36 degree weather (2 C) to take down the mast. Today it comes out of the water and goes on a cradle for the winter. Worst part is paying the winter storage fee of $500.

Thanks for the good wishes, and have a good weekend yourself.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Auxerre
Rivendell

Post #179 of 458 (24710 views)
Shortcut
On my tab, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and just leave the bottle. Oh, and I'll need a glass, too.

Happy Homecoming, everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #180 of 458 (24132 views)
Shortcut
Hi FF! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you here! Have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #181 of 458 (25557 views)
Shortcut
Norwegian wood of course [In reply to] Can't Post

Picea abies to be accurate ;-)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:37pm

Post #182 of 458 (24182 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:37pm

Post #183 of 458 (24277 views)
Shortcut
Not too bad, [In reply to] Can't Post

How about yourself? How's the family and house?

We're still slowly doing our remodeling. I've given up on a deadline for moving; rather I'm concentrating on being grateful for every little bit of progress made.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 6:38pm

Post #184 of 458 (23532 views)
Shortcut
Hi there, Ataahua! Did I mention.. [In reply to] Can't Post

... I also added some very attractive extra bartenders to the bartending staff today. Wink

*ahem* of course, one of them ...in fact the VERY cutest one ....is named, BG. LaughWink

Here's the bottle of Baileys. Help yourself, my dear! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Auxerre
Rivendell

Post #185 of 458 (24543 views)
Shortcut
Howdy, g!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing like a Homecoming to bring 'em outta the woodwork, huh?

Glad to see you, and I hope you're doing well. I very much enjoyed your report on your trip to DragonCon!!

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Post #186 of 458 (21591 views)
Shortcut
Yippeeee! I just got my TORN map! [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot something I needed at work and had to run back home .... and it was there! It's gorgeous. What a way to mark Fiesta Friday!

Anyhow, a glass of wine with you, Altaira, and the rest of TORN!

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 6:39pm

Post #187 of 458 (22792 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! I'll try to post an updated list on Monday... [In reply to] Can't Post

since some will be here late today and tomorrow. Do we have mail delivery here in the U.S. on Monday? I'm thinking we don't. I don't want to wait yet another day!!Mad

For Gondor!

Nerdanel
Rivendell

Post #188 of 458 (21918 views)
Shortcut
*slips a shot of miruvoir into NEB's Coke when he isn't looking*// [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FantasyFan
Rohan

Post #189 of 458 (22079 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

And same to you! I'm conflicted as to if I wnat to sleep a lot this weekend, or if i want to try to clear up some backlogged work. Or maybe I'll go see a play a friend is in.

Any plans for your weekend?

Auxerre
Rivendell

Post #190 of 458 (21322 views)
Shortcut
Hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya Ginger! Nice to see you! Hope all is going well for you these days!

Have a great long weekend!!

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 6:40pm

Post #191 of 458 (21975 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

I did Atkins myself for a couple of years before the wedding. Then I fell off the wagon big time - just couldn't eat another egg, and meat was starting to be unappetizing. But then at some point I decided to cut the carbs again but not be draconian about it. If there's a low carb substitute for something I eat that instead. Instead of rice I eat brown rice or wild rice. Sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. I eat low carb bread and Russell Stover sugar free chocolates (although they do have a distressing gastro-intestinal effect so I try to eat only one at a time). I've lost about fifteen pounds very slowly this year doing that.

Do those South Beach frozen dinners taste good? I keep meaning to try one.

~~~~~~~~

Formerly known as GaladrielTX

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Post #192 of 458 (21690 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

The somewhat reformed Aussie Shepherd couldn't find the scent, so we (me & my aunt next-door) got the nosey little blonde---the cocker spaniel, I mean---even though she hadn't gotten her latest rabies shot yet. She yipe-yiped like a hound on a fox trail all around the door and flowerpots, but even she lost the scent all too quickly.
Oh, and Spring would've become one part of a Legolas&Gimli-style contest if the darned critter *had* been found again. ;)
We're country wimmen, IYKWIM, and I think that you do. ;) ;)

I haven't checked the Deer Cam lately, but I should probably load up and go do that before the sun goes down.
They won't be as good as the bird pics we're getting out front, though. Darn coon didn't disturb the birds or even the squirrels.
I went out scouting around the mountains with Dad before the season opened here, but all we have to show for it are one dropped antler and a jawbone. Yep, the antique-y season already came in here. Can't muzzle 'em forever. ;)

Putting the 'action' in action figure...

FantasyFan
Rohan

Post #193 of 458 (21599 views)
Shortcut
Oh, congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

May it give you many moments of pleasure.

Auxerre
Rivendell

Post #194 of 458 (21302 views)
Shortcut
A DRC, please [In reply to] Can't Post

Best. drink. ever.

Happy weekend, all!!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Post #195 of 458 (21924 views)
Shortcut
Thanks - he's doing fine. [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually the worst of the side effects will show up around the four-week mark. Or so they say.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:41pm

Post #196 of 458 (21893 views)
Shortcut
Not too hot [In reply to] Can't Post

since it's snowing!

\ | /
\\ \ | | / //
\\\ \\ // ///
\\\ ####### ///
\\ ### ### //
\\## ##//
-- ## ## --
-- ## Splaaatch!! ## --
/## ##\\
// ### ### \
/// ####### \\\
/// // \\ \\\
/ | | \ \\
/ | \

Gotcha!

Hmm, the snowball doesn't look the same here as on old TORN, but here it's no doubt that I hit something ;-)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 6:41pm

Post #197 of 458 (22063 views)
Shortcut
There are few things in the world [In reply to] Can't Post

that make me smile more than kittens. Enjoy, RL!

Ataahua's stories

Auxerre
Rivendell

Nov 9 2007, 6:42pm

Post #198 of 458 (21569 views)
Shortcut
Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Look for an email from me.....I'm in NP from 6-14 January, so we most definitely need to get together, if you're up for it! My shout for some green-lipped mussels!!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 6:43pm

Post #199 of 458 (21698 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful, Idril! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a nice surprise on a Friday!

We'll certainly raise a glass with you! You don't even need to twist our arms. Wink

*clink*

Cheers!

TORn Calendar

FantasyFan
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 6:46pm

Post #200 of 458 (21087 views)
Shortcut
What is it, preciouss? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know what a DRC is.....

Good to see you here!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.