Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TV Spot 6!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 8:36pm

Post #51 of 142 (987 views)
Shortcut
Don't think he's dead [In reply to] Can't Post

His arm is moving.

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 8:45pm

Post #52 of 142 (964 views)
Shortcut
One more youtube link for the collection [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chpAdsnw5p8

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site:

Henneth-annun.ru - the Russian LOTR site

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 8:45pm

Post #53 of 142 (959 views)
Shortcut
i dont think [In reply to] Can't Post

that question is what thorin asks at that moment..somehow i feel like they added it over his supposed line..and Bilbo points to Dwalin, not Thorin...

THAT is Bilbo Baggins.Smile Really looking forward to his Bilbo.

What is Bilbo striking at?? A Warg, post Goblin Town? Is that Thorin on the ground? Shocked

PS why didnt they upload a HD verison?? Mad

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Nov 14 2012, 8:47pm)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 8:46pm

Post #54 of 142 (991 views)
Shortcut
That so honestly sooooo good. *tears* [In reply to] Can't Post

How are we to survive a month, if we keep getting stuff like this on daily basis?

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 8:48pm

Post #55 of 142 (988 views)
Shortcut
Probably the scene in which Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

Is attacked by a Warg.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 8:49pm

Post #56 of 142 (929 views)
Shortcut
I agree, there's no way to tell [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And no can definitively say what's going on PJ's head (or the studio executives). Perhaps he's making the film he would given no creative stipulations or self-censorship whatsoever...perhaps not.

We really don't know if he has complete creative control or not over the film.

This may sound bad to PJ lovers (and I'm one of them), but I certainly hope he doesn't have completely free reign over everything. While I think director's should have majority control over the project, I think there also needs to be a little bit of balance on the other end. It doesn't have to be from the studio, necessarily, but from somewhere.

I think it's always best for someone to throw out a little constructive criticism. This is one of my theories about why Lucas just did a horrible job with the Star Wars prequels. But that's another discussion.

Awesome TV spot though! Best stuff since the first trailer. I think Freeman was just absolutely spot on. I was so moved by the little bit of dialogue he had that I completely forgot about any reservations I've been feeling. It's like I immediately thought, "this is gonna be great!"

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 8:52pm

Post #57 of 142 (913 views)
Shortcut
yep yep [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
While I can't say what's been said behind closed doors, what I know about PJ - and what I've seen of the production - has me rather confident that he's very much the same director who isn't looking to betray what made his original trilogy of films so creatively rich. He could have done many things differently had he wanted to go down that path...and if there was so much studio pressure, I think it would have been a little more obvious by this point. So far, I'm feeling good.

The most reassuring quote from PJ is him saying that when he jumped on board as director he wanted the look of the films to seem as if the same exact people who filmed LOTR were filming this.

Hopefully that's how it will turn out. For some reason aesthetic continuity is a big deal to me when dealing with sequels and prequels.

jtarkey
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 8:53pm

Post #58 of 142 (926 views)
Shortcut
I had a dream the other night [In reply to] Can't Post

I was in Stone Street Studios and I walked past PJ's office. He Had a newspaper article about how George Lucas ruined Star Wars taped to his window. I remember feeling instantly relieved by his constant reminder to self.Sly

If there's one thing good about those prequels, it's that they serve as a "how to" guide of how NOT to make prequels. Makes it a little easier for other directors attempting it.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

(This post was edited by jtarkey on Nov 14 2012, 8:56pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 14 2012, 8:53pm

Post #59 of 142 (930 views)
Shortcut
Thang you ALL very Buch! [In reply to] Can't Post

Found. It!
"Conflict within the Company"

Yes..Conflict &
Growth of
Bilbo is.

A sight to
Behold..

BOMBY

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 8:55pm

Post #60 of 142 (922 views)
Shortcut
Even if it's not the ending [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...is that if Bilbo's speech is part of the final scene of the film - then there will in fact be a proper, emotional resolution in this film.

Something I had been worried about was that in changing this from 2 films to 3, there wouldn't be an ending that resonated on a proper emotional level. I feared that it would feel like the film just stops, as opposed to an ending that felt well scripted.

But if this is the ending of the film, it looks like it will be quite emotional, and mark a real turning point for Bilbo's character and the dwarves' newfound respect for him.

It gives me great confidence that there will be some emotional resolution to it.

I shared the same fears as you. But, honestly I remembered how much I loved the LOTR movies and I think PJ did a good job of knowing how to cut the endings and make them emotional. So I haven't been too worried at all about the hobbit.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 8:58pm

Post #61 of 142 (885 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont like low resolution videosSmile

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 9:03pm

Post #62 of 142 (879 views)
Shortcut
hahahahaha [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was in Stone Street Studios and I walked past PJ's office. He Had a newspaper article about how George Lucas ruined Star Wars taped to his window. I remember feeling instantly relieved by his constant reminder to self.Sly

If there's one thing good about those prequels, it's that they serve as a "how to" guide of how NOT to make prequels. Makes it a little easier for other directors attempting it.

Whether they admit it or not, I'm willing to bet the Star Wars prequels have been in the back of EVERYONE'S minds on the hobbit production.

Apatcha
The Shire

Nov 14 2012, 9:06pm

Post #63 of 142 (878 views)
Shortcut
It seems like....... [In reply to] Can't Post

they're trying to cause us some serious health issues. The beginning of the marketing line was slow, but now they're assaulting us almost everyday, sometimes twice a day, with some new awesome footage, some new spoilers and informations. It might be too much, but I just love every second of it.

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 9:16pm

Post #64 of 142 (870 views)
Shortcut
Quite the opposite for me... [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand where you're coming from in saying Freeman has appeared just a bit too contemporary - especially after the second trailer which painted him as a Middle-earth version of Tim from The Office - but this is the first time his portrayal of Bilbo has really clicked for me.

I think he will be very easy to relate to (forever a string to Martin Freeman's bow) and, if anything, it's reminded me why I was so pleased with his casting.

P.S. I also really like the laugh (whereas I've hated that faint and the "Fair enough" to Gollum).

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 9:25pm

Post #65 of 142 (843 views)
Shortcut
The faint is indeed rather unfortunate [In reply to] Can't Post

And my guess is that PJ has at least 5 takes of that, and he went with the most OTT version.

But the laugh in this TV spot is spot on. Not only that, but his body language suggests a nervousness and discomfort that is very genuine. Great acting.

Compare that to Elijah Wood's eternally stiff body language (he is in "shoulder slump mode" for almost all three films), and his recycling of his "scared animal" emoticon, and you have cause for great optimism.

IMO, Freeman is going to completely steal the show.

Arthael
Lorien

Nov 14 2012, 9:28pm

Post #66 of 142 (812 views)
Shortcut
So much goodness! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love everything about this TV spot. Between this and the foreign TV Spot 3 (Galadriel : "Something moves in the dark") I have my favorite trailer yet. It looks like they've really nailed it! Action, depth and grandiosity: even though the story is on a smaller scale that LOTR, I'm starting to convince myself that all 6 films will flow together pretty well! The soundtrack snippets I've heard have played a major part in that, as well as the dialogue in these trailers. Now I'll just have to wait and see how the visuals hold up! ONE MONTH!!!

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Nov 14 2012, 9:30pm

Post #67 of 142 (814 views)
Shortcut
I'm definitely expecting great things from Freeman... [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I don't quite agree with your harsh words for Wood, who I think is a genuinely great actor (it's a shame more people haven't seen his work in the great but little-known Everything is Illuminated or, more recently, Wilfred, where he's a real delight) and whose portrayal of Frodo is, I think, wonderfully done from an acting standpoint. It took a few watches of each film for me to fully appreciate the performance, but there's more subtlety and talent displayed than you're giving him credit for, IMO.

From my perspective, he's certainly not stiff - he really digs deep into the internal workings of Frodo, and Wood sells the invisible weight from the Ring that is constantly pressing down. It seems to be such a common observation to just say that he makes funny faces and slumps his shoulders - there's so much more going on that too many people sadly overlook. What I also appreciate is how he shows the cost of Frodo's quest, and a lot of that comes from subtleties in body language, the way he chooses to move his face, etc. But then there's also the pre-Quest scenes, where Wood has plenty of charm and earns the affection of the audience with ease.

Then again, I also approve of some of the changes made to Frodo in the films, so I'm a strange creature indeed.

(This post was edited by thomasofrohan on Nov 14 2012, 9:38pm)

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 9:33pm

Post #68 of 142 (794 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

Elijah Wood is either pointless or annoying throughout the trilogy - it's a testament to how great the rest of it is that they're still my favourite films ever (although I know you disagree!)

Freeman has the potential to 'own' Bilbo like McKellen owns Gandalf. Very exciting.

Also, I'm actually kinda starting to feel Richard Armitage's Thorin which is nice.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 9:33pm

Post #69 of 142 (802 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel: something moves in the dark??? [In reply to] Can't Post

What TV spot is that from?

jtarkey
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 9:34pm

Post #70 of 142 (776 views)
Shortcut
I hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

There are so many parallels between LOTR and Star Wars IMO. I think learning from that series mistakes is far better than ignoring it. They are huge mistakes after all.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 9:35pm

Post #71 of 142 (781 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Freeman brings to Bilbo what McKellen brings to Gandalf: personality!

And that is 100% consistent with the books. No need for Ren fair-style faux archaism from Bilbo.

I also like what I am seeing, and hearing, from Armitage.

(This post was edited by Shelob'sAppetite on Nov 14 2012, 9:37pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 9:48pm

Post #72 of 142 (744 views)
Shortcut
It's actually from two spots [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
What TV spot is that from?

Actually, it's from real #3 (the Spanish one) and from TORN's #3 ("I cannot guarantee ... the Hobbit...'s safety")

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site:

Henneth-annun.ru - the Russian LOTR site

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 10:00pm

Post #73 of 142 (734 views)
Shortcut
I actually agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I know the sample size is small, but so far, every line I've heard from Bilbo has come off as insincere and a bit ironic. That espically includes this clip. Now, maybe Shelob is right and the scene is occurring on the east side of the mountains. If so, maybe Bilbo is feeding the dwarves a line in order to cover himself for running away when things got dangerous and to avoid telling them about the ring. If so, bravo, because that's exactly how it comes off. If not, I sure hope the effect is just due to awkward trailer editing.

(This post was edited by dave_lf on Nov 14 2012, 10:02pm)

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 10:03pm

Post #74 of 142 (727 views)
Shortcut
Freeman is completely convincing. [In reply to] Can't Post

From his speech about home, through the laugh at "Have you done much fighting?", to the final shot of a scared hobbit fighting with all his heart to defend a friend.

Here's the depth so many say they love about The Hobbit, following Bilbo grow.

This has been better than all the TV spots and trailers together.

Tim
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 10:04pm

Post #75 of 142 (714 views)
Shortcut
I'm with Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spine-tingling moments in this spot. I dig it the most.

-Tim came by. Tim! If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.

(This post was edited by Tim on Nov 14 2012, 10:10pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.