Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Where are you from?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ioreth
The Shire

Nov 14 2012, 1:30pm

Post #51 of 100 (410 views)
Shortcut
Stockholm, Sweden too [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe VERY common nowadays, but not as much when I grew up in the countryside in middle Sweden ...

Update: as for the viewing numbers :P ... I am sure I was not the only one watching my favorite movies -several- times in the cinema! :P ...

(This post was edited by Ioreth on Nov 14 2012, 1:32pm)

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 14 2012, 3:58pm

Post #52 of 100 (396 views)
Shortcut
Annapolis Maryland [In reply to] Can't Post

Born here & lived here all my life.

TheWhiteRider
Bree

Nov 14 2012, 4:27pm

Post #53 of 100 (397 views)
Shortcut
Karachi, Pakistan // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 5:40pm

Post #54 of 100 (364 views)
Shortcut
We had a downpour of rain [In reply to] Can't Post

20 minutes either side of the height of the eclipse - so I saw some of the strange steely-looking light but not the best part of it. Frown

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 5:46pm

Post #55 of 100 (365 views)
Shortcut
That's true [In reply to] Can't Post

but since the IMAX theaters tend to be smaller, they sell out FAST! I'll be lucky to see the Hobbit even once in an IMAX.

iandea14
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 6:20pm

Post #56 of 100 (352 views)
Shortcut
Vancouver, Washington United States [In reply to] Can't Post

JRR Tolkien isn't very popular but around the time when the Hobbit comes out a lot of people will hop onto The Hobbit bandwagon, I kinda annoy my friends though with my JRR Tolkien fandom. A couple of my friends don't mind it and we have our Friday night Lord Of The Rings Monopoly night.

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Nov 14 2012, 6:27pm

Post #57 of 100 (400 views)
Shortcut
I'm from Hampshire too! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Nov 14 2012, 9:10pm

Post #58 of 100 (375 views)
Shortcut
You'll never guess! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

Marionette
Rohan

Nov 14 2012, 10:48pm

Post #59 of 100 (366 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I could speak how much crap this is these days, I know anything on the internet is tracked somehow.

But itīs not something good I would have say.Unsure

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 15 2012, 1:03am

Post #60 of 100 (379 views)
Shortcut
Hey there Fingon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you here. Smile

It just wouldn't be the same if you were from Nantucket or Albequerque. FingonOfPittsburgh it is! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 15 2012, 1:19am

Post #61 of 100 (378 views)
Shortcut
You remind me [In reply to] Can't Post

of when TampaPhil answered one of these: "I will not tell you my name or where I'm from."

:D

Nice to see you 'round these parts again, Fingon.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 15 2012, 5:13am

Post #62 of 100 (333 views)
Shortcut
What an interesting, diverse, intelligent, and good looking bunch we are! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2012, 11:14am

Post #63 of 100 (373 views)
Shortcut
Nice, I'm from the border of Dorset and Hampshire... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Bournemouth UK
but I currently study in York UK Cool

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2012, 11:19am

Post #64 of 100 (331 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien fandom's very slim in Bournemouth, very slim.. despite it being the death place of the Professor... [In reply to] Can't Post

... In York however, I'm on the road to creating a University of York Tolkien society, and as soon as The Hobbit hits cinemas, I'm sure I might get more members!!
soo here in York it's better
Cool

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Nov 15 2012, 11:27am)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2012, 11:24am

Post #65 of 100 (356 views)
Shortcut
\o/ woo to Poland zarabia \o/ [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolWink

Misto
Lorien

Nov 15 2012, 12:01pm

Post #66 of 100 (396 views)
Shortcut
Another German [In reply to] Can't Post

Born and currently residing in that part of Bavaria where they'll happily hang you if you call the locals "Bavarians". Or mention Munich...Tongue
In recent years I lived in the very north (wannabe Denmark) and the Netherlands.

Tweezers of Thu
Rivendell

Nov 15 2012, 12:45pm

Post #67 of 100 (374 views)
Shortcut
Boston, Massachusetts here [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm originally from central Illinois with stints in Wisconsin, Ohio, and a bit of time in central New Jersey, but Boston feels like home ("Love that dirty water").

I have not actively sought out Tolkien-themed events here, but they do exist. I believe the 3rd Middle-earth Conference, Part 2 will be taking place in Westford (a suburb) in 2014. There may be more, given that Boston is considered to be a fan and gamer friendly city.

Plus there are bona fide Tolkien scholars here in the Commonwealth, e.g., Michael Drout at Wheaton College in Norton. Further afield, I think Wayne Hammond (of Hammond and Scull) is on the staff of Williams College out in the beautiful Berkshires.

A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. ~~ Henry David Thoreau

(This post was edited by Tweezers of Thu on Nov 15 2012, 12:54pm)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2012, 2:28pm

Post #68 of 100 (319 views)
Shortcut
Ah, [In reply to] Can't Post

I wondered if that was how the wind blows.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 15 2012, 2:29pm

Post #69 of 100 (333 views)
Shortcut
Attractive? I'm yet to see any evidence of that ;-p / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

malickfan
Gondor

Nov 15 2012, 3:34pm

Post #70 of 100 (345 views)
Shortcut
Knew I wasn't alone [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

ĎAs they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ĎAll is now ready.í

Perhaps the most fascinating Individual in Middle Earth

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Nov 15 2012, 7:12pm

Post #71 of 100 (316 views)
Shortcut
So true [In reply to] Can't Post

FingonOfBuffalo doesn't sound right either. Wink

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Nov 15 2012, 7:13pm

Post #72 of 100 (337 views)
Shortcut

I'm so anxious for this movie. Is it December 14 (my birthday) yet???

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 15 2012, 7:24pm

Post #73 of 100 (335 views)
Shortcut
Excuse me [In reply to] Can't Post

I combed my forelock specially!

Ring-Bearer
Rivendell

Nov 15 2012, 10:54pm

Post #74 of 100 (345 views)
Shortcut
Buffalo, New York, USA [In reply to] Can't Post

And hopefully the amount of Tolkien fandoms in New Zealand can make up for the pathetic lack of here.

'What are we holding on to, Sam?'
'There's good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!'

'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!'

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16 2012, 12:22am

Post #75 of 100 (335 views)
Shortcut
Link's not working... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's got some garble in it, but even removing that the Boston Globe says page not found...could you do a copy-and-paste to that page, please? Smile

Yes, Hammond and Scull are nestled in the beautiful northern Berkshire Hills!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.