Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Jim Jannard (CEO of RED) weighs in on 48fps...

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2012, 3:36pm

Views: 1016
Shortcut
Jim Jannard (CEO of RED) weighs in on 48fps... Can't Post

Obviously he is biased because it his camera system.

However... something interesting to note is that he assumed PJ would use the 24fps function for The Hobbit and not the 48fps.

I find it rather encouraging. Smile

Here's a link to his comments:

http://www.reduser.net/...48fps-I-ve-converted

When I 1st heard that PJ would shoot the Hobbit at 48fps... I was skeptical. To me, 24fps was "sometime". 48fps was "this morning".

I have to say that I am now a convert. The way this was shot (thank Andrew Lesnie), the VFX and Gollum... 48fps is "other worldly". In a good way. A way you have never experienced before.

Peter is much smarter than I thought. And I always thought he was pretty smart.

48fps on this movie is like nothing you have ever seen... magnificent.

Wipe your mind of preconceived notions. Forget "the will of the mass mind". This is just plain better.

There are so many reasons why to watch this movie...

Jim

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Subject User Time
Jim Jannard (CEO of RED) weighs in on 48fps... Owain Send a private message to Owain Nov 14 2012, 3:36pm
    The last line being most encouraging... Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 3:41pm
        Agreed!// Owain Send a private message to Owain Nov 14 2012, 3:41pm
        I don't need more than one reason to see it ;-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 3:54pm
        Jim also says : Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Nov 14 2012, 4:29pm
            Until i hear a definite "no, with trailer 3 i don't mean the most recent trailer", i remain sceptical. Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 4:51pm
                i dont expect it to happen... Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Nov 14 2012, 4:53pm
                It's never too late to advertise DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 4:55pm
                    That's what TV spots are for. // Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 5:07pm
                        Only if they're being shown in your country! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 5:09pm
                            That's what internet is for. :P Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 5:12pm
                                That's why I think there should be a new trailer DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 5:15pm
    It's really nice to know... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 14 2012, 3:48pm
        Again, i doubt that list is complete Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 3:52pm
    I'm holding on to this card Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Nov 14 2012, 3:49pm
    Already got my ticket for a 48fps showing because I want to give it a chance and try it for myself. Carne Send a private message to Carne Nov 14 2012, 3:55pm
        What Convergence!! Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Nov 14 2012, 4:07pm
    That's encouraging Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Nov 14 2012, 4:11pm
        Has there already been a thread asking which format people will see the movie in first? Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 14 2012, 4:26pm
            There have been many in the past DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 4:43pm
            There has Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Nov 14 2012, 7:01pm
                OK - I posted it in the Pollantir Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 14 2012, 8:30pm
                    Video shot with the Red One Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Nov 15 2012, 9:16pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.