Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Hobbit Fan Club?

Lightning Guy

Nov 13 2012, 3:35am

Views: 258
Shortcut
Hobbit Fan Club? Can't Post

Hello everyone. I am a brand-new member of the forum, but I have been following the news on TORn for years now. I would like first of all to thank everyone who participates in bringing the rest of us all the good, Hobbity news we crave!

I love TH and LOTR and have read them many times over the years. I found my pet name for my daughter, "My Precious," as I read TH to her when she was just a little girl. She's 28 now, and still signs greeting cards to me as 'Your Precious.'

Several (many??) years ago, I signed her up for a three-year membership in the 'Official' LOTR Fanclub, and her name was listed among the membership at the end of the LOTR extended version DVDs. I remember paying $50 per year membership fee, which entitled her to have her name listed on one EV DVD for each year of paid membership.

So this brings me to the real reason I joined this forum: I did not know where else to look for the answer to my question, and thought the TORn membership would be the best place to ask it:
Is there/will there be an 'official Hobbit movie fan club' where the above membership/DVD benefits will again be available? I ask because if so, THIS time, in addition to my daughter, my wife and I both will also join, since we are such great fans of the movies. (Well, not so great that we can argue fine points about the books or movies, but fans enough that my wife will remember a line from the movies in response to everyday things: "What's 'taters,' Precious?" and so on.)

From time to time I have emailed TORn with some info I have seen or read about TH or TH collectibles, etc., but have not seen any mention online. Now that I am officially registered, I will instead post anything I think may be of interest here.

Thanks for your time & effort.

Paul

Subject User Time
Hobbit Fan Club? Lightning Guy Send a private message to Lightning Guy Nov 13 2012, 3:35am
    Welcome! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Nov 13 2012, 6:08pm
        thanks Lightning Guy Send a private message to Lightning Guy Nov 13 2012, 6:49pm
        *sigh* so sad... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 14 2012, 10:35am
    Welcome, Lightning Guy... Patty Send a private message to Patty Nov 16 2012, 9:16pm
        ...not necessary... Lightning Guy Send a private message to Lightning Guy Nov 16 2012, 9:22pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.