Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New scans
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Nov 10 2012, 3:51pm

Post #1 of 28 (2195 views)
Shortcut
New scans Can't Post

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/...795_1345110712_n.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/...IJ1rkdormo1_1280.jpg
http://www.tolkiendrim.com/...11/Radagast-scan.jpg
http://www.tolkiendrim.com/...12/11/Balin-scan.jpg

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 4:00pm

Post #2 of 28 (886 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like seeing Gandalf and Radagast together. I wonder if we'll see the three Wizards together in the movie (Gandalf, Radagast, Saruman)?

Frito groaned. "I wish I had never been born," he said.

"Do not say that, dear Frito," cried Orlon. "It was a happy minute for us all when you were born."

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2012, 4:13pm

Post #3 of 28 (962 views)
Shortcut
How I imagine the troll scene will play out (based on the bag picture and other info): [In reply to] Can't Post

The company arrives in the Trollshaws and later discover some of their ponies have gone missing. As mentioned in the Visual Companion, Fili and Kili spot a fire in the distance and the dwarves agree to send Bilbo over to check it out.

Bilbo then spot the trolls as well as the ponies, and realize this is a chance for him to prove himself as a burglar (seeing as the dwarves are skeptical to Gandalf's pick). Bilbo sneaks over and tries to steal a knife from one of the trolls, but is caught as seen in the trailer.

The trolls decide to cook poor Bilbo, and as they're about to throw him into the cauldron the dwarves charge in and put up a fight. Eventually the trolls manage to put them into sacks and start discussing how to prepare them for eating.

Bilbo, feeling guilty about what happened, tries to talk the trolls out of cooking them (as seen in the scan and TV spots). This doesn't work out at all and the dwarves end up on a stick rotating over the fire (as seen in the Movie Guide).

Cue Gandalf and trolls turning to stone.

(This post was edited by Carne on Nov 10 2012, 4:14pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 5:09pm

Post #4 of 28 (813 views)
Shortcut
Rotating on a spit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not seen that?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 5:12pm

Post #5 of 28 (845 views)
Shortcut
Three Istari in one shot? Not YET... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if we'll see the three Wizards together in the movie

I fear we won't Unsure At least not in An Unexpected Journey. Neither Sir Christopher Lee (Saruman) nor Sylvester McCoy (Radagast) did scenes alongside another wizard-actor than Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf) YET.

But there's still hope that they'll return for the pickup-shots in 2013 but till now there's no scene with Saruman and Radagast together. Although it would have been great to see Sarumans antipathy towards Radagast... but perhaps we'll feel it during the White Council meeting in AUJ. And it also would have been great to see all three Istari together in one shot... We'll see ;-)

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Elutherian
Rohan

Nov 10 2012, 5:15pm

Post #6 of 28 (805 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo BAG INs.... get it? [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel terrible about that.

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 6:06pm

Post #7 of 28 (684 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for sharing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are they from? Are they from the storybook?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 6:07pm

Post #8 of 28 (706 views)
Shortcut
Nooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope to Eru, that this joke won't be in the films.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 6:34pm

Post #9 of 28 (676 views)
Shortcut
In other words [In reply to] Can't Post

Convoluted. Smile

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Nov 10 2012, 6:36pm

Post #10 of 28 (676 views)
Shortcut
Seems like a pretty straightforward and character-based progression of events to me [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 6:37pm

Post #11 of 28 (663 views)
Shortcut
I don't think it's that convoluted. [In reply to] Can't Post

Adding the talking purse would remove some of the long-windiness of it. Wink

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 6:38pm

Post #12 of 28 (651 views)
Shortcut
As was the progression in the book [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't see the rationale behind what seems to be a rather significant change.

We shall see. In general, I trust that Freeman is going to be so Bilbo-esque in all his scenes, that it'll feel like the Hobbit, no matter what's happening.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 10 2012, 7:33pm

Post #13 of 28 (640 views)
Shortcut
Is anyone else who has McAfee security getting an alert? [In reply to] Can't Post

When I click the last two links, McAfee is telling me that tolkiendrim.com is not a safe site. Instead of bringing me to the page it said, "Woah! Are you sure you want to go there?" with a big yellow exclamation point. I used to go on Tolkiendrim all the time and it was never a problem...I think it wasn't anyway. Anyone else having similar troubles?

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 7:36pm

Post #14 of 28 (593 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Beware of the last two links.

elanesse
Rivendell

Nov 10 2012, 8:53pm

Post #15 of 28 (555 views)
Shortcut
FIVE Istari please... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope we'll get some sort of short flashback of the 5 Istari..i wouldn't care if they just show blurry blue wizards, i just want them to be shown or mentioned!

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Nov 10 2012, 9:14pm

Post #16 of 28 (544 views)
Shortcut
"O great glory and splendor! And all my wishes have come true!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Frito groaned. "I wish I had never been born," he said.

"Do not say that, dear Frito," cried Orlon. "It was a happy minute for us all when you were born."

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 10 2012, 9:39pm

Post #17 of 28 (529 views)
Shortcut
That was mentioned by William Kircher... [In reply to] Can't Post

in the Sibley book:

He relishes the role of Bifur, even in moments when the job proved unexpectedly demanding, as with the scene in which the Trolls tie up the Dwarves and put them on a spit to roast. "That was an interesting experience," he recalls, "we were really tied onto a spit and we were up there for about half an hour, going round and round, acting our butts off in extreme conditions. It was quite fun, really, but when we got off we were all pretty queasy as if we'd got a bad case of sea-sickness."

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Nov 10 2012, 9:54pm

Post #18 of 28 (523 views)
Shortcut
There'sa picture of it, too [In reply to] Can't Post

On page 42, in the "Cutting Actors Down to Size" section.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 10 2012, 10:30pm

Post #19 of 28 (456 views)
Shortcut
Hah! Yeah...all on one spit!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 10:33pm

Post #20 of 28 (462 views)
Shortcut
General ignorance question [In reply to] Can't Post

What happens if you click on the site (assuming it is infected) on a iPhone? Incredibly off topic. PM me with your answers!

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2012, 2:47am

Post #21 of 28 (375 views)
Shortcut
Actually liking the shoes on Balin [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure why but I'm liking them not that I would ever in my life wear them but they fit his character from what we have seen so far Wink

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2012, 2:53am

Post #22 of 28 (373 views)
Shortcut
<--- Blurry Blue wizards like these two ;) ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah I doubt that some how, as awesome as it'd be hehe

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Nov 11 2012, 7:21am

Post #23 of 28 (338 views)
Shortcut
the bird doo looks horrible [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it really necessary.Shocked

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 11 2012, 9:03am

Post #24 of 28 (306 views)
Shortcut
A mention of them would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps Galadriel or Elrond asks where they are?

totoro
Lorien

Nov 11 2012, 8:15pm

Post #25 of 28 (241 views)
Shortcut
I like it [In reply to] Can't Post

My kids really warmed to it, too. I explained that he had poo on his head because he was taking care of some baby birds and he didn't want to hurt them, but he would wash his face when they were ready to fly away. They thought he was sooo nice because of that, but stated they would not be quite so nice if given the opportunity. Wink

In Reply To
Is it really necessary.Shocked

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.