Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 5:01pm

Post #1 of 458 (60107 views)
Shortcut
*Throws open doors - Welcome Newbies, Olbies and In-betweenbies to our 2nd Annual Homecoming edition of Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

A big welcome to one and all to our 2nd Annual Homecoming Fiesta thread!!

Of course, we have a new home to show off, both on the boards and on the Home Page. There’s a lot to take in. So, olbies, have a look around! Be sure and fill us in on how life has been treating you, reminisce about the 'Old TORn' and if you come by more often that would be okay too. (hint, hint)! SmileLaughWink

We’ve set out our best hors d’ovres, put up our best decorations and, of course, stocked up on only the best virtual libations just for this very occasion. So enjoy!

Oh, and if you know of anyone who might be having trouble registering, please tell them to email me at altaira@theonering.net and I’ll get them validated pronto!

*Kicks juke box – special Homecoming song: Theme from “Welcome back Kotter” fills the room*

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they’re turned around.

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

Who’d have thought they’d lead ya
Back here where we need ya

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2007, 5:07pm)

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 5:06pm

Post #2 of 458 (48577 views)
Shortcut
Orc liquor 151 on the rocks please, Nim...uh, I mean, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

Back when I was building my house, Nimrodel was bartending, and I needed a stiff one A LOT!

It's appropriate because, as I type, I'm having high speed satellite Internet installed at my house. And guess what? The guy's having to do a little finagling to get the cable run!

Please PM me if Ascarwen shows up. I missed her last time, so I didn't have a chance to say hi. We used to dance every Fiesta. *sigh*

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

(This post was edited by Advising Elf on Nov 9 2007, 5:06pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 5:06pm

Post #3 of 458 (49242 views)
Shortcut
Whoohoo!! Mae govannen, Well met, Welcome back, and etc.!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

In other words, Yay, Huzzah, and etc. for the Homecoming Fiesta and all of its participants! (Heehee! :D )

(I'd have a rather large Winter Usual to celebrate, please, Altaira... thank you! :) )

CHEERS to one and all!! :D

--Eventides

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 9 2007, 5:07pm

Post #4 of 458 (47454 views)
Shortcut
shhhh, don't tell I'm sneaking in from work! [In reply to] Can't Post

No time to even drink a quick diet coke! Just wanting to say HI to everyone, old, new and in-between.

Now, carry on with the party, I'll check in later from home and see how many joined in. And how many, sigh...have their maps to celebrate today.

Have I mentioned I don't have mine yet? Oh yes? I have? You want me to stop talking about that now?

LOL

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 5:07pm

Post #5 of 458 (52004 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you!

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 5:08pm

Post #6 of 458 (58149 views)
Shortcut
Fiesta! Hurray! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good morning, everybody! It’s a little damp and grey here today, but hey, it could be worse.

I was in Vancouver last week with my husband while he had brachytherapy for his prostate cancer. It went very well. He will be checked in a month and then every six months for five years. I did a little shopping and visited an old friend while he was in too, so it was a good trip. Plus we didn’t have to pay the outrageous prices for the ferry, as the medical system covers that. We had a nice romantic dinner the night before, to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Sometimes it feels like a long, long time, and other times it feels like yesterday.

And I am now officially half-time at work – Yay! I’m already getting lots done at home because of it. But I might feel differently when I see my next paycheque.

(And no, no map yet. I think I should phone home to see if it’s there today.)

Welcome back to all our wanderers who are not really lost. And happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2007, 5:08pm

Post #7 of 458 (43860 views)
Shortcut
You too, AE! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 5:10pm

Post #8 of 458 (50728 views)
Shortcut
Hey ho, 'bethy! [In reply to] Can't Post

My prayers are with you and your husband. Good to hear that the treatment went well.

What is brachytherapy anyway?

Kethry
Lorien

Nov 9 2007, 5:10pm

Post #9 of 458 (47215 views)
Shortcut
Hey, it's Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a happy day today. Even though Daylight Saving disrupted my life this morning when I sat around an hour ago, wondering where everyone was. My state doesn't even participate, yet it still throws me off. How is that possible?

But one of my best friends got married last Friday, so that was a happy day. I'm going to a baseball game tonight and then going dancing later. And I started working out again, so I am incredibly sore. But it's a good kind of sore.

And it's a long weekend, as Monday is a day off. And I got a jury summons for next Friday, so next week has the potential to be a very short week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh and I'll have a pina colada, please, with a pretty umbrella.

Thanks and Happy Friday!

"Any kind of plan where you lose your hat... is a bad plan."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 5:11pm

Post #10 of 458 (52015 views)
Shortcut
Champagne please, Altaira [In reply to] Can't Post

with just a splash of miruvor, to celebrate friends old and new!

It's a lovely day here in North Texas, still quite warm *sigh*, but the Gaffer's out working in the garden and I have some good books to read (never mind the one I'm supposed to be writing Crazy ) and we're meeting some of our oldest friends for lunch this weekend, so all is well.

And I have the loveliest map you've ever seen rolled up on my dining room table. Smile

Life is good, little sibs!

*stuffs tip jar with autumn leaves and flowers*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

Kethry
Lorien

Nov 9 2007, 5:13pm

Post #11 of 458 (46443 views)
Shortcut
Hey there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you're here, it's good to see you.

Speaking of remembering those times, remember when I was predicting delays and gloom? SmileWink

Happy Friday and good luck with the wiring.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Post #12 of 458 (29657 views)
Shortcut
I *hate* Daylight Savings Time! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was bad enough, then Congress made it longer!

Here's a thought for you: If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "Congress" the opposite of "Progress"?

Cheshire Cat
Bree

Post #13 of 458 (29621 views)
Shortcut
What a fluke... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just happen to wander by the old stamping ground and you're having a party for oldies. What luck! Smile

How's everyone doing? I'd love to get a few updates.

A bottle of your best Chilean Red please, Altaira. Yeah.. some things just don't change.

Cheers all.

CCx

Altaira
Superuser

Post #14 of 458 (28832 views)
Shortcut
Hi there, AE!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fiesta just wouldn't be the same without you, and some kind of construction or work going on at your house, lol!

I just checked, and Ascarwen hasn't logged in since March! ShockedFrown Perhaps she'll find her way back today. *crosses fingers that she, and many others do*

*pours double orc liquor 151*

For old time's sake. Wink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 5:14pm

Post #15 of 458 (29665 views)
Shortcut
Greetings to our wayward sibs and Howdy to all newbies! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to see some old names and faces come back for a visit, or (better yet) a stay! To our lurkers or newbies... WELCOME! You've come to the right place for all things Tolkien and just good camaraderie :) Altaira always sets a great spread and is free with the libations, so ENJOY!

As for me, m'dear, may I have an orange juice float? It's yummy and great to fight off a cold ;)

Have a wonderful weekend Altaira and all! *raises mug* To the earth... down the middle and both sides!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

hatster
Rohan

Post #16 of 458 (28525 views)
Shortcut
Mulled wine or cider sounds lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad my map came yesterday or I'd have missed the party!

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Post #17 of 458 (27404 views)
Shortcut
I remember. [In reply to] Can't Post

You make me look like an optimist!

;o)

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Post #18 of 458 (26381 views)
Shortcut
It's the implantation [In reply to] Can't Post

of radioactive "seeds" in the prostate itself. As a man, you're probably cringing at the thought. But it's the preferred treatment for early, contained cancer, for men of his age, less invasive than removing the prostate entirely, and has fewer side effects. It all depends on age, health, whether it has been caught early on, and a host of other factors.

So, if you haven't already, you should get a PSA test done next time you have a physical.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 5:15pm

Post #19 of 458 (27373 views)
Shortcut
*gets out the BIG mug* [In reply to] Can't Post

We brewed up LOTS of hot chocolate, just for the occasion.

*sets miruvor on the bar* Help yourself, Evey, and thanks again for handling Fiesta last week! Smile

*hugs*

TORn Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #20 of 458 (26662 views)
Shortcut
Yay! Hi, CC! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you around again! :D

Have a wonderful week!!

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #21 of 458 (31526 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, Evey! // [In reply to] Can't Post

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

Kethry
Lorien

Post #22 of 458 (29311 views)
Shortcut
*snicker* [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard that before. Might have been you saying it. Doesn't make it any less true. Eh, I was about to make a comment about congress, but lets not go there.

Instead, I will raise my glass to you in hopes of a good party!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 9 2007, 5:16pm

Post #23 of 458 (28616 views)
Shortcut
We won't tell a soul, a.s. [In reply to] Can't Post

And, we'll save a comfy chair, a diet coke, and maybe even a little rum to go in it for you later. Don't work too hard!

TORn Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #24 of 458 (29117 views)
Shortcut
*pats a.s. on the back* There, there. [In reply to] Can't Post

The magic in the map will see it safely to you soon!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #25 of 458 (27382 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem at all, I love to help out here. :) Thank you! *hugs back*

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.