Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What songs or music make you think of TH and LOTR?

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Nov 9 2012, 2:25am

Views: 399
Shortcut
What songs or music make you think of TH and LOTR? Can't Post

Just a month and a half to go until the premiere of The Hobbit! I'm stoked, but also nervous. While we all await the premiere, a thought had occurred to me: what music makes you think of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings? If you were to make an LAMV, what music would you set them to? Are there particular songs you associate with a character or scene? It can be any type of music, any singer or band, post away!

I'll post a few myself.
Ramble On by Led Zeppelin. Not only do the lyrics actually mention Gollum, Mordor and the Evil One, but the song itself makes me think of The Fellowship "rambling on", moving on with their journey and continuing with the best of their ability. A few other Led Zeppelin songs that make me think of The Lord of the Rings is "Immigrant Song", "Stairway to Heaven", "D'yer M'aker" and for the Hobbit, "Misty Mountain Hop" for obvious reasons.

The songs "The Supermen", "The Man Who Sold the World", "Changes", "Five Years", "Soul Love" and "Starman" by David Bowie also brings images to my mind. The Supermen can make me think of the Numenoreans, "The Man Who Sold the World" makes me think of Saruman, and "Five Years" makes me think of The War of the Ring, in which all of Middle-Earth was at stake.

For some reason, "Holidays in the Sun" by the Sex Pistols make me think of the Hobbit, and then other songs that I can think of at the top of my head that remind me of Lord of the Rings are "Pop Goes the World" by Men Without Hats and "The Sun Always Shines on TV by A-Ha". The last one I know probably doesn't make sense, considering there is no TV in Middle-Earth, but with all that is going on, the "sun still shines on TV". I tend to associate several New Wave songs with Frodo, for some reason. "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House, "Send Me an Angel" and "Catch Me I'm Falling" by Real Life make me think of Frodo. Okay, I just made a really long post, time for others to speak up!

Give some of these songs a listen if you haven't heard them! They're great! I'll post links if anyone wants any.

(This post was edited by Ziggy Stardust on Nov 9 2012, 2:28am)

Subject User Time
What songs or music make you think of TH and LOTR? Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 9 2012, 2:25am
    sweet redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Nov 9 2012, 2:37am
        I knew I was forgetting one. Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 9 2012, 2:43am
            Some more I thought of. Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 9 2012, 4:04am
    White Lion, Kansas, etc guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Nov 9 2012, 3:08am
        I would've liked to hear The Ent Song too. Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 9 2012, 4:00am
    I'm really a sucker for the Rankin Bass music jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Nov 9 2012, 3:27am
        That's totally fine. Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 9 2012, 4:01am
    The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 9 2012, 7:58am
    Lunatica... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Nov 9 2012, 8:14am
        Wow Bomby loved it Thang you very Bunch/// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Nov 9 2012, 3:10pm
    "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard, to Isengard, to Isengard..."// Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Nov 9 2012, 3:58pm
        Haha imin Send a private message to imin Nov 9 2012, 6:55pm
        It's quite catchy Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 10 2012, 1:43am
            oh it is, haha. imin Send a private message to imin Nov 10 2012, 9:09am
                Oh no! I cannot resist. Here I go watching that thing again!// Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Nov 10 2012, 11:15pm
    Mostly Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 10 2012, 4:31am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.