Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
My Ticket
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

blair85
The Shire

Nov 8 2012, 7:48pm

Post #1 of 34 (780 views)
Shortcut
My Ticket Can't Post

So I picked up my ticket at the theater yesterday (and I must mention, I was let down that there was no line parties here in Canada), and I assume its because all the new technology involved in the movie, and the theater just wants to show off how cutting edge it is, but it reads:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Dec 13 10PM AdvScreen UltraAVX IMAX3D 48FPS HFR Presented with Dolby ATMOS

I read it and thought, wow this movie is really pushing technological boundaries, but not until after I wondered whether it was a ticket to a movie or a presentation of a doomsday robot.

Anybody want to share their stories about line parties, how excited they are to finally be going back to Middle Earth, and where their seats are in the theater, if they were able to choose them? Mine is mid theater closer to the back, right in the middle.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 7:56pm

Post #2 of 34 (469 views)
Shortcut
My seats: [In reply to] Can't Post

Row 6 (out of 15), seat 13 and 14.

December 11th 11:59 PM.

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 8 2012, 8:00pm

Post #3 of 34 (442 views)
Shortcut
My ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

Got it in Cologne's finest theatre, "Residenz". Have been nagging them for days on the phone, until they finally confirmed the start of presale today.

No lines in Germany, of course. I was actually the first to buy a ticket for this showing (Dec. 13, 7:30 pm) and had the total freedom of seat choice.

Here the tickets:

Russian LotR/Hobbit Site:

Henneth-annun.ru - the Russian LOTR site

imin
Valinor

Nov 8 2012, 8:34pm

Post #4 of 34 (395 views)
Shortcut
15 rows [In reply to] Can't Post

that sounds like a snug lil screening :)

Some in sheffield go to row ZZ lol.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 9:01pm

Post #5 of 34 (421 views)
Shortcut
Here it is: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i.imgur.com/n1utO.jpg

Rolfina
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 9:41pm

Post #6 of 34 (341 views)
Shortcut
Was the first to book as well [In reply to] Can't Post

And I picked Row 13, seats 13&14. Not on purpose, but they looked like the most central seats, and only after booking did I see those lucky numbers. Cool
I then booked the very same seats for the following Tuesday. There is a theatre in town that shows the movie in HFR, (used to be the biggest screen in Germany back when I still worked for them). But only the German dubbed version, and I haven't yet decided whether I will endure the terrible dubbing for the new technique.
Reminds me, about ten years ago I worked for the Cinemaxx nationwide reservation callcenter during the winter when ROTK and one of the Potter movies came out at the same time. Those were some pretty long work days. Crazy

imin
Valinor

Nov 8 2012, 9:50pm

Post #7 of 34 (344 views)
Shortcut
Looks really good [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldnt want to be sat in the middle and then go to to bathroom! So many people to say excuse me to there and back, lol.

It looks about the same size as ones in the lakes - though more modern :P

Rolfina
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 10:00pm

Post #8 of 34 (344 views)
Shortcut
Go to the bathroom? [In reply to] Can't Post

In the middle of the movie? On the first viewing? I'd sooner risk kidney failure (but rather will refrain from drinking huge amounts, which by the way, thanks for the reminder).

droidsocket
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 10:16pm

Post #9 of 34 (331 views)
Shortcut
Hello fellow Canadian! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am from Saskatoon and there did not seem to be any buzz here either. I called and called cineplex till I got an official time that they were going on sale. There web site did not even have a banner or anything to anounce per buying tickets. If I was not such a geek and kept on it I would have missed it.

I have two sets of tickets. Dec 13th at 10pm for me and my family. And again on Saturday for my friends and I. All AltraAVX 48fps 3d.

Where are you blair85 that you are lucky enough to experience Dolby Atmos?

blair85
The Shire

Nov 8 2012, 10:28pm

Post #10 of 34 (329 views)
Shortcut
Hello yourself [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in Ottawa, and it's a full hour away from me by bus, but its absolutely worth it.

droidsocket
Rivendell

Nov 8 2012, 10:40pm

Post #11 of 34 (302 views)
Shortcut
Have you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Experienced Atmos before? Is it really that much better?

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2012, 10:40pm

Post #12 of 34 (308 views)
Shortcut
One of the most modern cinemas in Northern Europe actually [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

And it looks way more cramped in that picture than it really is, so if you have to go to the toilet there's plenty of legroom.

(This post was edited by Carne on Nov 8 2012, 10:42pm)

blair85
The Shire

Nov 8 2012, 10:51pm

Post #13 of 34 (309 views)
Shortcut
Regarding Atmos [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't seen it for myself, but everyone I know who has says its far above the competition

imin
Valinor

Nov 8 2012, 11:17pm

Post #14 of 34 (307 views)
Shortcut
i really like the look of it [In reply to] Can't Post

For me sometimes the cinemas i go to now can be almost too big. its good for having a bigger screen but thats about it.

might come over and check it out :p

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 9 2012, 1:49am

Post #15 of 34 (269 views)
Shortcut
Kingston here. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure if any of that stuff is available here. The Empire theatre I usually go to is moving to brand new digs the weekend after The Hobbit opens (I know bad timing) so maybe they will offer some of the high tech schtuff your theatre has.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 8:00am

Post #16 of 34 (222 views)
Shortcut
Haven't a clue what seats I'm in. [In reply to] Can't Post

I did it all online, and just clicked on the seats that looked to be in the centre of the cinema.

As it was online, I won't be getting any physical tickets until the day. Frown

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2012, 8:39am

Post #17 of 34 (224 views)
Shortcut
Can't make a booking yet... :-( [In reply to] Can't Post

We want to go as a family and with two kids living away from home term time it's awkward to plan ahead and get all 6 of us able to go together. I'm waiting for one son's schedule so that I know when his free time is before I can decide on a day and time...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 8:51am

Post #18 of 34 (218 views)
Shortcut
Incredibly frustrating [In reply to] Can't Post

They STILL have not released a date here in Sweden of when we can get ahold of advance tickets. The film is here soon and everyone who will line up needs to plan ahead to clear their schedule and so forth - what's taking so much time? Unimpressed

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 11:53am

Post #19 of 34 (203 views)
Shortcut
Got my Hobbit AND LotR Marathon tickets! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbit UJ #001 & LotR Marathon #001
LotR Marathon 12/8/12 & Hobbit UJ 12/14/12

I actually bought 3 Hobbit tickets. I'll be hosting a line party at my local cinema where I saw LotR about 45 of the average of 58 times I saw each of the films. They still call me the Lord of the Rings lady ;) I'm already working with the theatre on arrangements for prizes and organizing the line party. I'm going to wear my Wraith costume.

You can organize a line party at your local theatre... it's very easy and they love having the long lines of people entertained. It benefits everyone :) Check out the homepage for the line parties all over the place!!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Rolfina
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 12:59pm

Post #20 of 34 (182 views)
Shortcut
Our ticket release date wasn't even announced ahead [In reply to] Can't Post

I just checked every day, and then a few days ago, bam there they were. I'm sure in Sweden you are able to book tickets online and don't have to actually go to the theatre for that?

At the moment I am a bit annoyed at the weird release times of the movie. The first screenings here take place at 12:30 on Wednesday afternoon. This is totally anti-climatic to the usual midnight events. Yes one could easily take off work (or skip school) to attend, but it's not the same as the midnight hooplas (we're going to the evening shows as well). Right now it looks like most people are booking for the evening shows, and the actual first screenings are sort of neglected, which is really a shame.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 9 2012, 1:04pm

Post #21 of 34 (188 views)
Shortcut
I'm so jealous you get to see it at midnight gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

My viewing isn't until ~11am GMT (I can't quite remember the time ....). You would've see it before me by then! Shocked

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

teargift
The Shire

Nov 9 2012, 2:58pm

Post #22 of 34 (172 views)
Shortcut
Line Party Envy [In reply to] Can't Post

Now this is a line party I'd especially love to attend!! Good luck, Gramma.

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 3:55pm

Post #23 of 34 (162 views)
Shortcut
Unassigned seating here [In reply to] Can't Post

And I think most of America uses "general admission" where you just grab whatever seats you like (or just find, if you are last in line).

Not sure if assigned seating is better, or not. I would cut down on the need to line up early -- but then that means no line party. Hmmm...

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Nov 9 2012, 4:00pm

Post #24 of 34 (153 views)
Shortcut
Did you select the correct day online? [In reply to] Can't Post

11am? That sounds like you might have selected the wrong day? Might be worth double-checking. Here, if I selected Fri, Dec 14, I only got daytime options like that, starting as early as 10:15. But when I selected Thurs, Dec 13, it then gave me the 12:00am showing. Yea, 12:00 is Friday, but the theaters consider it Thursday for sales purposes and all.

imin
Valinor

Nov 9 2012, 4:24pm

Post #25 of 34 (156 views)
Shortcut
I am genuinely stunned! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I saw LotR about 45 of the average of 58 times I saw each of the films.

The most times i have been to see a film in the cinema is 3 times.

This is at a dollar theatre right? If not then PJ should personally give you a big hug, lol. Now i can see why you are so super excited!

Going to be called The Hobbit lady soon Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.