Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:59am

Post #76 of 165 (4730 views)
Shortcut
Cool. This is serious party issue... [In reply to] Can't Post

and we are OnPartyBusiness! SlyEvil

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Nov 9 2007, 1:00am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 1:33am

Post #77 of 165 (4740 views)
Shortcut
What drama!! [In reply to] Can't Post

and What a tease! OMG! THAT'S AWESOME!!! :D

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 1:42am

Post #78 of 165 (4724 views)
Shortcut
Friday? *twitch* [In reply to] Can't Post

uhhh.... you may as well wait until Saturday for my party, cuz I plan on being mostly stuporous for, ohhhh, 20 hours or so. *premature spasm*

The thought of my map sitting in a cold, dark truck makes me wanna cry! Bouncing in a packed carrier with a mess of alien boxes, packages and envelopes is just so wrong!!! *twists hands anxiously*

Ya know what? This mailbox is really uncomfortable. The flag keep digging into my leg. *peers down street* I never realized how busy my backroad is. Three cars and 14 pickups in the last 2 hours! Wow! Congestion much? *waves at yet another Dodge Ram*

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 1:44am

Post #79 of 165 (4725 views)
Shortcut
50 is a BIG TIME Tolkien number! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo and Frodo were 50! We've recently passed the 50th anniversary of The Hobbit! I ate 50 cookies today! 50s a GREAT number!!! :D

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 1:47am

Post #80 of 165 (4727 views)
Shortcut
Not yet. But don't worry! They're protected by magic :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel Reeve's touched each and every one of them; so they're already blessed with magical powers that will guide them right to our sweaty, twitchy little hands :)

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 9 2007, 1:50am

Post #81 of 165 (4743 views)
Shortcut
are you sitting on your mailbox? hmmm. Good idea. [In reply to] Can't Post

I might try this tomorrow afternoon. Our mail doesn't arrive til about 4:30 pm....

Let me know if it works for you, 'k?

Wink

a.s. (yes, still obsessively worrying, Patty! I am trying not to but it keeps sneaking up on me!)

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 1:51am

Post #82 of 165 (4731 views)
Shortcut
I'm up to 3 spots now [In reply to] Can't Post

All at about the 4ft 10in to 5ft. eye level, but marked in every much-used room except the bathroom. *eyes door* I'll be right back.

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 2:05am

Post #83 of 165 (4733 views)
Shortcut
Map #4 has arrived! [In reply to] Can't Post

*begins to dance the Springle-ring*

It's every bit as beautiful as everyone has said! Unfortunately, the arrival of dinner guests is imminent, so I shall have to wait until later to really study it in detail. But it's here, and it's mine!!!!!!!!!!111
LaughHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartLaugh

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 2:10am

Post #84 of 165 (4710 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 2:13am

Post #85 of 165 (4720 views)
Shortcut
Good for you! [In reply to] Can't Post

How are you framing yours?

Kimi's description of her frame sounds about right for me, too. Oh, if it will only get here!

For Gondor!

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Nov 9 2007, 2:22am

Post #86 of 165 (4720 views)
Shortcut
LOL! You're so silly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you really maintaining physical contact with your mailbox until it arrives??? Shocked I'm sure you'll get the map just fine even without getting a mailbox impression dug into your leg! He used nice sturdy tubes, and unless you've had a problem with neighbors stealing mail or something like that, I'm sure there won't be a problem.

It sure is nice to have something so cool to be excited about though, isn't it? Laugh

RosieLass
Valinor

Nov 9 2007, 4:07am

Post #87 of 165 (4722 views)
Shortcut
#19 arrived in Colorado today! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's almost as nice as the original!

It was a trick to roll it the other way, though, to start straightening it.

Oh Moon, lovely moon, with thy beautiful face,
Careering throughout the boundaries of space,
Whenever I see thee, I think in my mind,
Shall I ever, oh ever, behold thy behind.

--Edmund Gosse's house maid

http://mallika.vox.com/

hatster
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 4:14am

Post #88 of 165 (4715 views)
Shortcut
51 would have been perfect, since [In reply to] Can't Post

That's how old I'll be next week :-)

Hope yours comes tomorrow!

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 4:15am

Post #89 of 165 (4717 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I did the same and... [In reply to] Can't Post

...he responded less than two hours later, very kindly. A gem.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Nov. 5-11 for "Three Is Company".

squire
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 4:59am

Post #90 of 165 (4717 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

Really nice guy.

Of course in New Zealand it's sometime early afternoon tomorrow, but it's still a pleasure to get so prompt and courteous a response.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 5:47am

Post #91 of 165 (4715 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Were you able to maintain the surprise? What did she say?

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 9 2007, 5:53am

Post #92 of 165 (4725 views)
Shortcut
Mine is here! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was worried because I was out of town all week, but the lovely mailing tubes were waiting for me tonight when I got home. I say tubes because I also have deej's map. She stayed with me last weekend and we had directed Daniel to send both to me, thinking it would arrive in time for her to take it home. But alas, no maps last weekend. But at least they're here.

I haven't opened mine yet. I got home very late and I've got an early morning tomorrow, so I want to wait until I have time to really enjoy it. I'll let you all know what number I've got! So excited!

I'm sure the rest will some SOON!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 11:01am

Post #93 of 165 (4702 views)
Shortcut
WAHOO!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez, Entmaiden! After all the planning and emailing and waiting and teaser with Altaira, you FINALLY have your very own. I'm SO happy for you! It's going to look PERFECT on your new wall :)

I'm so glad it/they got there safely. Welcome home, right? :D

*massive hugs*

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 11:04am

Post #94 of 165 (4707 views)
Shortcut
Oh Goodie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really worried about trying to roll it backwards. Crinkling and creasing and such. I think the excellent paper stock he used should help, but I think I'm going to lay it out on a HUGH board I have, cover it with another (glass to see through, of course ;) and just keep it flat from the get-go.

Finally... your very own! *giddy hug*

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 11:06am

Post #95 of 165 (4708 views)
Shortcut
What! Cancel the party! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have more important things to do! Number 4!? *fist in the air* YES!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 11:09am

Post #96 of 165 (4723 views)
Shortcut
If you also ordered a poster, it could delay things [In reply to] Can't Post

I also ordered a poster, and he was going to combine shipment with the map. That could be why some of the tubes haven't reached everyone yet. The poster took a little while to print, retrieve and place in the proper orders. *spasm*

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 9 2007, 11:59am

Post #97 of 165 (4720 views)
Shortcut
no, no poster order, sigh [In reply to] Can't Post

Good heavens, I feel like the time I had an exam on the exact same day Rolling Stones tickets went on sale in the pre-internet days (when you actually had to, you know, show up somewhere to buy a ticket) and everyone else got to go camp out in line and have a line-party, and me, I had to take the dumb exam.

Look, that was 32 years ago and I'm still fretting about it.

{{Smacks self upside head, mutters something about "grow up and get over it" to self, and gets ready to go to work...}}

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

hatster
Rohan

Nov 9 2007, 12:02pm

Post #98 of 165 (4716 views)
Shortcut
actually, rolling it backwards was easy, [In reply to] Can't Post

probably easier than trying to flatten it. Just use the outside of the tube it comes in. Hold one end of the poster against the tube and roll away. The problem then is how to keep it that way. I didn't want to roll it tight enough to get it back in the tube, so I found a plastic grocery bag and put it over one end of the poster, gathered the edges of the bag closed just enough narrow its opening to hold the poster gently, then tied off the edges of the bag with a twist tie. Then I stood the whole thing up inside another paper grocery bag up where my curious kitten couldn't get to it (and she was oh so curious!). I'll try to get it framed next week.

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 2:38pm

Post #99 of 165 (4702 views)
Shortcut
No kidding! [In reply to] Can't Post

When I think how close my map came to ending up in the back room of the post office, squashed beneath a pile of ads for aluminum siding.... *shudders* I'm going to send Daniel an e-mail right now, and tell him how much I'm looking forward to thanking him in person in March.

I know just where I'm going to put it, in one corner of my office, right above the shelf that has a set of LotR and my Minas Tirith box that came with the RotK EE.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 2:40pm

Post #100 of 165 (4698 views)
Shortcut
*giggles* [In reply to] Can't Post

How often does a woman my age get to act like a little kid on Christmas morning? What a treat this has all been! And the Gaffer's finger is all better, thank you. Just goes to show you what a great guy he is, suffering on my behalf Heart

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.