I've got my map!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2007, 4:58am

Post #51 of 165 (4725 views)
Shortcut
Post [In reply to] Can't Post

Just ordinary post. As Daniel said, anything else would have made the whole thing a LOT more expensive (FedEx was another $100 or something daft). But he posted them staggered, so whoever got theirs posted last will probably have a couple more days to wait, if the first ones are just coming.

HM Bark Endeavour at anchor in Broken Bay, NSW Australia, October 2007

Endeavour at anchor

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2007, 8:21am

Post #52 of 165 (4727 views)
Shortcut
Any excuse [In reply to] Can't Post

to upsize on the K&C, huh Patty? Wink

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2007, 8:22am

Post #53 of 165 (4719 views)
Shortcut
Eled, [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love your footer - especially with the motorboat in the background!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2007, 8:37am

Post #54 of 165 (4733 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was funny to think Captain Cook could have stood in the same place looking down on his ship 200 years ago. Without the motorboats of course. Unfortunately, because it was a weekend they were everywhere. Smile

HM Bark Endeavour at anchor in Broken Bay, NSW Australia, October 2007

Endeavour at anchor

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 2:58pm

Post #55 of 165 (4720 views)
Shortcut
Me, too *TTT* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm now going through throes of, I did give entmaiden the right address, didn't I? It's not lost somewhere in the mail system, is it?

We do have a frame shop we trust implicitly, so once I get my map I'll know the next step.

Hello? Post office? Is there a tube coming my way, please???

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

Patty
Immortal

Nov 8 2007, 5:08pm

Post #56 of 165 (4711 views)
Shortcut
Yep, that's right! [In reply to] Can't Post

and any excuse to celebrate.Cool

For Gondor!

Kethry
Lorien

Nov 8 2007, 5:14pm

Post #57 of 165 (4738 views)
Shortcut
So I sent Daniel an email thanking him. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I got a sweet reply right away. He's such a nice guy. And he did say that he's glad to know that they're getting to their destinations and that they're bringing joy with them.

My mom happened to have an empty frame that will fit it, so it's just going to go in there for the time being. Maybe after I've had it for a bit I'll be able to let it out of my possesion to get it properly framed.

"Any kind of plan where you lose your hat... is a bad plan."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 6:04pm

Post #58 of 165 (4718 views)
Shortcut
Rats! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was sitting here reading some e-mail and the Gaffer called from the front of the house: "The postman's out at the mailbox and he's holding a big cardboard tube!" So I sprinted to the front window, just in time to see the postman, tube still in hand, drive away up the street and turn the corner.

How very unhelpful of one of my neighbors to order something in a tube just when I'm waiting for my map!

Maybe tomorrow....

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

hatster
Rohan

Nov 8 2007, 10:27pm

Post #59 of 165 (4710 views)
Shortcut
Got # 50 tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

I posted above because something else LOTR happened on my way home. Mine is all re rolled the other way getting straightened. I'm going to wait to frame it to have a close look because I'm so afraid I'll damage it. Now...need to go write him a thank you :-)

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 11:16pm

Post #60 of 165 (4713 views)
Shortcut
It *was* my map! It *was* my map! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the postman with a white tube about 11:30 this morning, but he left the rest of the mail in the box and drove away. So I figured the tube was something for someone else.

But no!

About 4:30 the Gaffer and I went out for a walk. We weren't even past our driveway when we saw the mail truck coming towards us. "It *was* the map!" I shouted, and sure enough, the postman stopped and handed it over! And then got away before I could ask him why on Middle-Earth he hadn't dropped it off this morning. My address was on it plain as the nose on your face.

And then the Gaffer and I had to actually cut the cardboard tube away from the map, and he cut his finger on it, bless him for the Sammish supportive soul that he is.

But it's here, it's here, and it's just gorgeous! Squeeeeeeeee!

I have #21. My map's an adult -- well, not in hobbit years....

Here's to TORn! Hip hip hooray!

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 8 2007, 11:19pm

Post #61 of 165 (4720 views)
Shortcut
getting really worried...who else hasn't gotten theirs yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Should I be worried, yet? Did the packages come requiring a signature? What happens if mine gets lost, etc?

I should be practicing "TTT"...but instead, I'm fretting.

Anyone else fretting too?

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 8 2007, 11:24pm

Post #62 of 165 (4694 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, when I read your post this morning I wondered if the postman had taken your map away with him by mistake. But I didn't want to worry you :-)

It's found its way home.

Promises to Keep: a novel set in 19th Century New Zealand.

The Passing of Mistress Rose

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Patty
Immortal

Nov 8 2007, 11:27pm

Post #63 of 165 (4706 views)
Shortcut
Mine's not here yet. But I'm not worried... [In reply to] Can't Post

it unfortunately means mine won't be here for Fiesta tomorrow, cause our mail doesn't get here until between 4:30-5:00. Oh well. All that much more fun when it does get here!

For Gondor!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 11:31pm

Post #64 of 165 (4685 views)
Shortcut
No signature required [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe your postman is as absent-minded as mine! *beams good map thoughts toward a.s.*

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 11:32pm

Post #65 of 165 (4686 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Kimi [In reply to] Can't Post

No no worries -- not now at least. Whew!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 8 2007, 11:43pm

Post #66 of 165 (4686 views)
Shortcut
Lily, you're so cute :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I can just see you jumping up and down. Give the Gaffer a healing kiss on his finger.

I'm sorely tempted to call home and ask Uncle Baggins if my map has arrived yet, but I guess I'll go home and find out for myself ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Nov 8 2007, 11:58pm

Post #67 of 165 (4692 views)
Shortcut
Number 39. [In reply to] Can't Post

On my doorstep when I got home a half-hour ago, which is too perfect for words.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Nov. 5-11 for "Three Is Company".

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:12am

Post #68 of 165 (4683 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow! The next state over! [In reply to] Can't Post

*sings* Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow--you're only a day away!

For Gondor!

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:21am

Post #69 of 165 (4682 views)
Shortcut
So, Lily... [In reply to] Can't Post

are your feet back down on the ground, yet?Laugh

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Nov 9 2007, 12:29am)

ordinaryhobbit
Bree

Nov 9 2007, 12:24am

Post #70 of 165 (4702 views)
Shortcut
Number 38 has arrived [In reply to] Can't Post

in Minnesota. Hob and I had a great time trying to take it all in. It's fantastic.

aka Mr Hob

(Briefly Amrun n'Anor)

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:31am

Post #71 of 165 (4682 views)
Shortcut
Hurray! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a two-fer!

What a nice thing to share.

Minnesota. That's near Indy, isn't it? Laugh

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Nov 9 2007, 12:33am)

squire
Half-elven

Nov 9 2007, 12:32am

Post #72 of 165 (4689 views)
Shortcut
No. 35! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a lot of cool additions that were not on the last draft.

I love the key to Bag End by which Altaira closed up and locked the Old Boards.

Now unlike gramma I have to think seriously about where to hang it!

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:33am

Post #73 of 165 (4693 views)
Shortcut
Nope, mine's not here yet. TTT! [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect RosieLass will get hers before I do, since mine will almost certainly come through her town on the way to my town.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Nov 9 2007, 12:35am)

Patty
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:56am

Post #74 of 165 (4682 views)
Shortcut
If Gramma doesn't get hers tomorrow in time for Fiesta... [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll need to do two celebrations, I'm a-thinking!

For Gondor!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 9 2007, 12:58am

Post #75 of 165 (4677 views)
Shortcut
That and... [In reply to] Can't Post

we could party on through the weekend as well, in case some come Friday night or Saturday. :-)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.