Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
AMC theaters lets you win track from AUJ: Radagast the Brown full track revealed!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Reinier

Nov 5 2012, 12:46am

Post #1 of 63 (1606 views)
Shortcut
AMC theaters lets you win track from AUJ: Radagast the Brown full track revealed! Can't Post

On Tumblr I spotted this post:

http://proportioned-prospitians.tumblr.com/...got-the-radagast-the

I read other posts talking about the same thing. But I haven't found a link to the track yet :S

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Nov 5 2012, 3:41am)

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 1:05am

Post #2 of 63 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Found the Track! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://sidiview.tumblr.com/...e-brown-howard-shore

Sounds like we got more of the boys choir! If this in fact the actual track.

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 1:08am

Post #3 of 63 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Another Link to the Same Song [In reply to] Can't Post

http://bibliohuron.tumblr.com/...e-brown-howard-shore

Sounds like Shore to me with a new flavor to it. Radagast the violin man! I like it.

(This post was edited by SaltedPork on Nov 5 2012, 1:17am)

Jim
Rivendell

Nov 5 2012, 1:47am

Post #4 of 63 (1010 views)
Shortcut
It sounds definitely like.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Howard Shore about halfway through that song, I can't wait for this soundtrack to come out!

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 5 2012, 1:52am

Post #5 of 63 (969 views)
Shortcut
Alright [In reply to] Can't Post

Good...different...very different...still good. I think that given the kooky Radagast, this song will be very different from most if not all of the others. I like the length of this, it gives me hope for a nice long rest of the soundtrack. Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 5 2012, 1:52am

Post #6 of 63 (999 views)
Shortcut
Sounds very Howard Shore's ME, yet different, a new spin... [In reply to] Can't Post

I quite like it. BTW, anyone that some of the more percussive/frenetic ques are representative of the spider attack? There's even a bit in the middle which echos Shelob's theme. Anyone know where we can download?

CAN'T WAIT to hear the soundtrack in full! Smile

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 1:55am

Post #7 of 63 (979 views)
Shortcut
Spider Attack [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking the same exact thing. It would fit nicely with a spider attack against the maybe somewhat naive/woodsy Radagast. I can't stop listening to it!

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 5 2012, 2:00am

Post #8 of 63 (948 views)
Shortcut
Thought so too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot to mention it in my above post though.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 2:04am

Post #9 of 63 (957 views)
Shortcut
Wow, did not expect to hear this so early on [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds great.

There's something vaguely Russian about the violin numbers. Seems to gel with the slightly Russian vibe of Radgast's look.

I'm liking what I hear so far.

(This post was edited by Shelob'sAppetite on Nov 5 2012, 2:06am)

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 2:14am

Post #10 of 63 (966 views)
Shortcut
Just had another two listens [In reply to] Can't Post

And I have to say, I am really loving this track.

This came just in time for me. My enthusiasm for the films was at a low, after reading a number of interviews in the Sibley book, and this music has brought me back over the positive line.

If this is the quality of music we can expect from the whole soundtrack, I think we are in for a real treat.

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 2:21am

Post #11 of 63 (949 views)
Shortcut
I hear you [In reply to] Can't Post

Its like there are certain notes in the music that sounds like they are going to lead right into a familiar motif from LotR, but then it goes a completely different direction. Familiar, but very different.

Its like some kind of combination of the Sherlock Holmes soundtrac mixed with LotR. That's the first thing that came to mind. Haha.

Apexman13
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 2:41am

Post #12 of 63 (926 views)
Shortcut
I can Definitely hear Shores work in there [In reply to] Can't Post

But im not very fond of those ticks and the shrill violin, sounds like something from Sherlock holmes.

Apexman13
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 2:43am

Post #13 of 63 (927 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

haha I just saw your post above! Seems we are thinking the same thing.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 3:12am

Post #14 of 63 (891 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps a mod could change the title of this thread to indicate there there is actually a whole track from the soundtrack here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a thought. It seems that people may not notice it, as the title only indicates that there is a contest.

(This post was edited by Shelob'sAppetite on Nov 5 2012, 3:14am)

Arthael
Lorien

Nov 5 2012, 3:13am

Post #15 of 63 (903 views)
Shortcut
The New ME [In reply to] Can't Post

A very mixed bag. I agree, the shrill violin (or whatever it is) seem very of of style from the music in the original trilogy, but the second half feels much more familiar. Definitely reminiscent of Shelob! As if we didn't already know Radagast is attacked by spiders ;)

Wow. Just so very strange in some parts it's hard to swallow, but some parts are classic LotR. I can't wait to hear what else he has in store. The main theme in the trailers is FANTASTIC.

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 3:16am

Post #16 of 63 (962 views)
Shortcut
There are lots of shrill violins in the LOTR soundtrack [In reply to] Can't Post

Particularly during the Shelob moments.

I wouldn't say that there is anything particularly different here. If, for example, the only thing you heard of the ROTK soundtrack was the Shelob track, you might have thought that Shore was going off on a strange direction for the last film.

IMO, this is quite consistent with his previous work on LOTR.

Apexman13
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 3:59am

Post #17 of 63 (858 views)
Shortcut
Of course [In reply to] Can't Post

Shelobs theme was very different in ROTK and it seems like this track will be the same. I will reserve judgement until the full track is released

Elutherian
Rohan

Nov 5 2012, 4:05am

Post #18 of 63 (862 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 4:10am

Post #19 of 63 (878 views)
Shortcut
Apparently, other people may be winning different tracks [In reply to] Can't Post

So it is possible we will soon see a few others posted online.

I thought I was going to resist listening to tracks before the films, but I don't think I am capable of such restraint.

(This post was edited by Shelob'sAppetite on Nov 5 2012, 4:11am)

GoodGuyA
Lorien

Nov 5 2012, 4:16am

Post #20 of 63 (868 views)
Shortcut
I must keep myself! [In reply to] Can't Post

Listened to about ten seconds and then just had to stop, because I can't risk losing that emotional context! Gotta keep surprised, my friend.

DarkJackal
Rohan

Nov 5 2012, 4:31am

Post #21 of 63 (855 views)
Shortcut
Has a gypsy quality to it [In reply to] Can't Post

Creative, and unexpected. The impending violins are pretty standard, but the rest is really fascinating.

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 5:17am

Post #22 of 63 (809 views)
Shortcut
That's it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gypsy is the word I was looking for.

I always wished the LOTR score had more ethnic cultural undertones, as it was sometimes too flat. This piece hits the spot, in that regard.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 5 2012, 5:32am

Post #23 of 63 (829 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I don't think I'm ready for this [In reply to] Can't Post

an expanded visual pallet is one thing, and for the most part I've been able to roll with it. But trying to process an entirely new soundtrack for Middle-earth is going to be tough.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Nov 5 2012, 5:32am)

Username4242
Bree

Nov 5 2012, 6:19am

Post #24 of 63 (780 views)
Shortcut
Love, love, love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially on the 3rd listen, I had the whole spider attack in my mind. It's especially great if you listen to it while having an image of Radagast at hand.

Plus, I love gypsy music, making it even more awesome.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 5 2012, 6:51am

Post #25 of 63 (767 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't say its going to be "entirely new" [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds very Shore-like, and rather in keeping with the music of LOTR. Though I suspect Radagast's theme may be the quirkiest of all.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.