Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Lego The Hobbit: Attack of the Wargs

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Nov 3 2012, 5:17pm

Post #1 of 9 (329 views)
Shortcut
Lego The Hobbit: Attack of the Wargs Can't Post

A few things I noted from Lego's recent "Attack of the Wargs" descriptions.

1) A vague description of Yazneg: http://thehobbit.lego.com/en-us/characters/yazneg

2) The goblins catapult something into the trees: http://cache.lego.com/...Image1_79002_big.jpg

3) Something falls from the tree: http://cache.lego.com/...age3_79002_1-big.jpg (This one I think is to replace Gandalf's "magic pine-cones" with cones that have simply caught fire and fall on the wargs?)

4) No idea what's going on here: http://cache.lego.com/...age3_79002_2-big.jpg

Source: http://thehobbit.lego.com/en-us/#79002

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 3 2012, 6:04pm

Post #2 of 9 (171 views)
Shortcut
Pine cones [In reply to] Can't Post

I tend to think we will get Gandalf's magic without the pine cones rather than the pine cones without the magic. The two colors of the flames are a hint to this I think...it's just that Gandalf is not included in this set.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 3 2012, 6:09pm

Post #3 of 9 (215 views)
Shortcut
Goblin catapult [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a picture of something similar in the new movie guide. It's a big wooden thing on wheels. It looks like they're turning it into a battle!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

GothmogTheBalrog
Rivendell

Nov 4 2012, 3:01am

Post #4 of 9 (166 views)
Shortcut
Keep in mind that this is a Lego set. They are not very accurate. [In reply to] Can't Post

*Takes deep breath* The spinning thing is a hidden gold crystal that the tree has ket hidden inside for ages. At least, that's what Lego's probably going to say.

"It was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man shape maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and go before it." ~FotR

Fardragon
Rohan

Nov 4 2012, 9:00am

Post #5 of 9 (200 views)
Shortcut
The treasure is obviously a lego addition. [In reply to] Can't Post

They are making toys for kids remember. Hidden treasure is also added to the Lego LotR video game, and is a fairly standard lego feature.

The Goblin King set also has a hidden treasure, which I'm sure won't feature in the movie, and the Riddles set has the ring hidden in Golum's cave. I wouldn't be surprised if the other hobbit sets have hidden treasures too.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

GothmogTheBalrog
Rivendell

Nov 4 2012, 11:28pm

Post #6 of 9 (115 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure they will. [In reply to] Can't Post

Lego is not, and most likely never will be, known for there accuracy. They put Iron Man into the set of the first scene in Avengers. Every time they release a Millenium Falcon they change the interior. I wouldn't read too much into it.

"It was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man shape maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and go before it." ~FotR

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Nov 4 2012, 11:50pm

Post #7 of 9 (212 views)
Shortcut
The hidden treasure in the Goblin King set [In reply to] Can't Post

Is clearly the rumored log of poo he lets loose while interrogating the company.

All my life, I have been waiting for "Lego poop," and my wish has finally been granted.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 5 2012, 7:53am

Post #8 of 9 (136 views)
Shortcut
You could be right [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps the Great Goblin's poo is a rarity in Middle-earth. Tongue

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Nov 5 2012, 10:42pm

Post #9 of 9 (246 views)
Shortcut
Intriguing...also, see the description of the "Hunter Orcs" and their Wargs: [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hunter Orcs that roam the lands east of The Misty Mountains are a particularly aggressive kind of Orc. Wild hunters who don't really mind much what prey they're after -- Hobbits, animals, men -- they're not picky eaters. Mounted on hoards of vicious Wargs, they can quickly cover and control large territories.

Evil wolf-like beasts that make life miserable for all decent creatures east of The Misty Mountains. Driven by insatiable hunger and pure survival instinct, Wargs are a fine match for their Orc riders. They roam in packs and will attack anything that looks like a potential meal.

Seems like Yazneg/Fimbul/their Wargs and the more traditional LotR-Orcs we've seen may not (all) be in league with Sauron, at least not at first? Though, I'm sure they will be eventually given PJ's proclivity to just blame the Necromancer for everything. Tongue This would fulfill people's desire to see some more independently minded Orcs in the time-frame of TH, however.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Nov 5 2012, 10:45pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.