Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
South African Tolkien fans say hi

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Nov 3 2012, 7:44am

Views: 275
Shortcut
South African Tolkien fans say hi Can't Post

Hello to all the Ringers!
My name is Jennifer. For my twelfth birthday I received a little book from my aunt. It was called The Hobbit. She said it was a book a bit like The Lord of the Rings. I was afraid – my childhood fear was Gollum, so I put it aside for a month or two. One day, out of sheer curiosity I took it with me to school, and started to read it.
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
That one sentence had me hooked. I finished the book in two days. When I came home the second day, I ran around the house to find my mother’s LoTR DVDs, which I finished in one night.
The next morning my aunt visited. I raved about everything Tolkien to her. She grinned, knowing she had created a Tolkien geek. Since then, we’ve baked lembas bread and seed cake, cried buckets of tears during marathons, played out scenes with legos and planned our costumes for the Hobbit.(Not many people have such shiny aunts) I’ve also been to New Zealand – I’ve done everything from swinging a replica of Anduril on Mt. Sunday to correcting a guide at Hobbiton’s set.
In South Africa there aren’t many Tolkien fans. I think that if there are any, we’re the luckiest fans on earth since The Professor was born here. We’re just looking for some way to contact other fans in South Africa – I’ve already asked at my Comic Book store – it seems that Ringers are non-existent here. They don’t know any except us.
And thanks for a wonderfully informative site – I love TORN and have been using it since the beginning. I’m only fifteen and still a bit of a newbie. So if I say something really stupid or make a mistake on the message boards, please correct me.
Farewell, wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!

Subject User Time
South African Tolkien fans say hi BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 7:44am
    That's great Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Nov 3 2012, 7:50am
        Thanks a lot BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 7:56am
            Book suggestions: Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 3 2012, 8:08am
                Thanks. Will do! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 8:11am
                    I have to add Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 3 2012, 4:34pm
    Welcome to TORN, BoromirOfWinterfell! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 3 2012, 7:58am
        I love Gollum BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 8:01am
    Jennifer's aunt checking in Frodo_of_the_Wall Send a private message to Frodo_of_the_Wall Nov 3 2012, 8:02am
        The soppiness burnssss us precious... BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 8:07am
        *pins geek star on Frodo of the Wall* Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 3 2012, 8:11am
    I'm South African too... Cave Troll Send a private message to Cave Troll Nov 3 2012, 8:43am
        That's great! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 9:23am
    Welcome to TORn! :-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 3 2012, 9:28am
        Thanks for the welcome! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 10:03am
    I want someone to compile Starling Send a private message to Starling Nov 3 2012, 9:30am
        This is a great idea! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 3 2012, 9:46am
            There used to be something like that Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Nov 3 2012, 10:22am
                I could put something together quite quickly DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 3 2012, 10:33am
                    Sounds like a plan! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 1:01pm
                    the only thing is... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 3 2012, 3:19pm
                        I agree, and like the idea DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 3 2012, 5:14pm
    Welcome both of you! Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Nov 3 2012, 10:24am
    Mae Govannen! Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Nov 3 2012, 2:57pm
        Thanks BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 3 2012, 3:36pm
    Howdy and Welcome!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 3 2012, 4:44pm
        The people on ToRN are so nice! BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 4 2012, 7:12am
    Greetings! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Nov 4 2012, 2:29am
        Er... BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Nov 4 2012, 7:03am
            I have family there too! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 4 2012, 8:29am
    Welcome! sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Nov 5 2012, 5:47pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.