Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
HEY!!! It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!! *chinkles keys*
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:05pm

Post #1 of 69 (225 views)
Shortcut
HEY!!! It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!! *chinkles keys* Can't Post

Who wants something to drink!?

I'll be your bartender fill-er-up fill-in for today since our lovely Altaira is busy with RL demands! I also have a friendly ear if you want to share what you've been doing, what you intend to do, and what you've forgotten to do.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!! *toots horn* Next Fiesta (November 9th) will be HOMECOMING FIESTA! It's a very special Fiesta when we welcome back wayward TORnadoes, celebrate our awesome newbies, and encourage lurkers to come out of the shadows and share a tale or two J

So look through your email list and put the call out to our friends who have been pulled away by RL distractions and tell them the drinks are on the house!

*kicks youtube* In the spirit of Halloween and because it's just SO WEIRD… Check this out! Bruce Willis Moonlights

(date changed by dernwyn Wink)

sample

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Nov 2 2012, 5:08pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 2 2012, 4:11pm

Post #2 of 69 (92 views)
Shortcut
wow, I'm here on time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Usually miss it altogether, or only get here after the self-serve sign goes up.

It's November. I'll have an Angel Mist, please!

My dissertation has been approved and the oral defense set for Monday Dec. 3! Very excited to reach this goal.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:15pm

Post #3 of 69 (93 views)
Shortcut
Isn't the next Fiesta November 9? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yikes.. it can't be the 16th next week, already, can it?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Nov 2 2012, 4:16pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:18pm

Post #4 of 69 (91 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

You're FINALLY past the sweating-out-approval phase! Well done :D

You're the first served, so you get the GOOD STUFF

Seriously.... WELL DONE!! It's been a long haul! *still smiling*

sample

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:20pm

Post #5 of 69 (91 views)
Shortcut
WUPS! You're right! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll see if I can have that fixed :D

I have trouble keeping up with my TIME ;)

DANKA MUCHLY MAGPIE!! And have a fantastic weekend :)

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 2 2012, 4:23pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 2 2012, 4:26pm

Post #6 of 69 (92 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for subbing! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

As for what I've been doing, every year on my website from November through December I feature the Rockin' Christmas Picks! article (a review of the best Rocking Christmas music) on the front page, so I had to update that with some new additions/links and get it featured on the site yesterday. Went well, though, and now there's even more great stuff for people to enjoy on there, so that's good. :)

A Fall/Winter Usual please, gramma; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend! *hugs* :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:27pm

Post #7 of 69 (121 views)
Shortcut
Well, once we get the date settled... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll try to remember to email Hobbit love, Ordinary Hobbit, Radhuin, and Zmulady and let them know.

:-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:29pm

Post #8 of 69 (94 views)
Shortcut
*rubs hands together* Goodie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got a request in for the date AND you're arranging some fun dates to our party! This is gonna be AWESOME! Thanks again, m'dear!

*whispers* Here's some donuts to go with the Cider :D

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:31pm

Post #9 of 69 (81 views)
Shortcut
Evey! That's fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the green headphones for taking a listen. You really have outdone yourself! *high five*

Have a wonderful weekend, m'dear!!

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Nov 2 2012, 4:34pm

Post #10 of 69 (80 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2012, 4:35pm

Post #11 of 69 (101 views)
Shortcut
Got any showers to go? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of the hot, soaking kind, that is! Laugh Actually, our local school that's been used as a shelter offers showers, and a friend called up earlier and said "Power's back on at our house, we've got towels, come on over!".

It's amazing how we miss these "little comforts" of life. And they're little, compared to the huge problems a lot of folks are facing. Unsure

Could I have a large mug of coffee, please, gramma? There are some upsides to storms: I've been able to finish off some odds & ends of work! Smile

How did everyone fare, out your way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:43pm

Post #12 of 69 (97 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow, dernwyn. [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a BIG MUG of coffee... may the force be with you!

It's unbelievable what all of you are going through. Just to have hot water and electricity is a comfort. I hear they still don't know when the power will be back on. You must be so worried about your home, friends and neighbors. *warm hug* Leave it to you to make lemonade :) Always classy... that's you!

Hang in there! My prayers are with you all....

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 2 2012, 4:45pm

Post #13 of 69 (81 views)
Shortcut
Once again, I'm rushing in and rushing out [In reply to] Can't Post

We were supposed to be in Colonial Williamsburg this week, but we postponed our plans because of the hurricane. I mean really, so many people are suffering from the storm postponing a trip is nothing Unsure

Besides, having another couple of weeks at the keyboard means I should have a complete manuscript before we leave, and will be able to enjoy several days off even more than I would have enjoyed them knowing I had several chapters left to write. We'll see how it works out.... *puff puff*

I'll grab a quick pumpkin spice latte from our lovely barkeep and be on my way. Y'all take care and have a great weekend!

*stuffs tip jar full of hobbit-sized hugs*

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2012, 4:47pm

Post #14 of 69 (86 views)
Shortcut
Oral defense! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like sparring with words! Laugh

May it go well - and then, can we call you "Dr. Annael"? Wink

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 2 2012, 4:47pm

Post #15 of 69 (141 views)
Shortcut
Flashes on horizon of many Gandalfs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gramma and all. I am a survivor of Sandy, our friendly neighborhood Saruman type, hurricane. Here is an email i 1st let out to say we are good:

''Power came on late yesterday but the cable was the next to find that went south. It has just been fixed and i went to find my email and there is 3 pages to rip through.
I have not been to TORN to see what dernwyn said from my texts to her. We we in full constraint mode to all resources not knowing when things will rebound. Most gas stations are still closed. And no fresh food has arrived to food stores. There is now enough wood down to last....for years i will say. I already have retrieved 3 pickup loads. The most memorable' family bonding moment' was the bucket brigade that mrs. sil young sil and i did to empty the cellar of water. It must have been 1000+ gallons. We got a system rolling and got it done. Due to that effort and a single continued action (not felt at that time) i have the sorest left butt-cheek i ever had ha! .
Young sil has had off all week mainly due to the high school being used as the town shelter.
I had a system going to be able to last for a while.I had 12+ gallons of fresh water plus many bottles in our vehicles, free heat with wood, mick's camp stove with 8 bottles of propane, a full freezer and frig and fresh batteries, (plenty) water from the cellar floor to flush the toilets. I picked up at the last moment 'miner lights', i will say that is a strapped led light for the head. Good reading hours with that and for all around, get-around.''.

To get back to my subject heading, that 1st bad night about 3AM i looked out and it seemed i saw many Weather Top events with flashes, some actually illuminating the low clouds. It was actually all the broken live wires and blown transformers that was making that effect.
Previously at 8pm i took a walk in the dark raging forest to experience that storm and it was actually exhilarating. It reminds me of the story of John Muir climbing a pine to the tippy-top to experience a storm in the high Sierra's. I was looking at a beautiful stand of pines and spruces thinking that. I had no intention of doing any climbing though, good thing, they are all down or leaning but one.

At 4AM (tues morn)i took an hour drive in one huge blackout in my area. I needed to get a sense of what happened....and make a plan.

And thank you for your concern everyone.
Now if i can just find some Beck's Ale to celebrate..life in general:).

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:50pm

Post #16 of 69 (87 views)
Shortcut
Zooooom!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you postponed the trip, but WOW... What a rush-around you have now :D

I hope you have a fabulous trip, a restful few days somewhere in there, and loads of fun!!

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2012, 4:52pm

Post #17 of 69 (84 views)
Shortcut
Christmas music? [In reply to] Can't Post

It can't be that far into the year already! Laugh But I should take a look into some of this.

Enjoy the weekend, Evey! Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Nov 2 2012, 4:52pm

Post #18 of 69 (91 views)
Shortcut
Glad you're all right, sil! I was thinking of you and yours // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:56pm

Post #19 of 69 (79 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle hug* I'm so glad you're okay! [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn was great about keeping us posted, but still....

What a horrible ordeal. You must be mourning the trees and all the damage to your home and everyone around you. But I'm glad you're here and that your home is safe, albeit soggy.

Give you family a hug for me. Thank you for sending on those texts. Wow...

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 2 2012, 4:57pm

Post #20 of 69 (82 views)
Shortcut
thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will give a 30-minute presentation, and then I have to field questions from my committee and anyone else who shows up. The point of the questions, my chair says, is to see if I have a solid enough grasp on my own ideas that I can think on my feet instead of just giving a canned response.

(Unlike most politicians . . . )

And yes, after that I'll be Dr. Annael. But only in formal situations. I am not going to be one of those people who has to be addressed by their title by everyone!

It does solve the Miss/Ms/Mrs issue nicely Wink

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2012, 4:58pm

Post #21 of 69 (74 views)
Shortcut
Ahh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that is a shower! Laugh And know what that R2 mug reminds me of? That "May the dwarves be with you" T-shirt - that is one of the bestest ideas ever!

We all keep checking up on each other, and at least in this area, no one was harmed during the storm. As they kept reminding those who were told to evacuate: Houses can always be rebuilt, but people...

*raises mug* Here's to all those stalwart folks involved in the cleanup efforts!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 4:59pm

Post #22 of 69 (84 views)
Shortcut
Bwahaha! The t-shirt! Perfect! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 2 2012, 5:01pm

Post #23 of 69 (100 views)
Shortcut
**PUTS OUT SELF-SERVE SIGN** Have a FANTASTIC weekend everyone!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 2 2012, 5:07pm

Post #24 of 69 (79 views)
Shortcut
Hey you there! [In reply to] Can't Post

*virtual flying-tackle hug* Good to see you online! Do you know, I was fielding your texts while trying to keep conversations with my dad, then the in-laws, everyone wanting details on how we were...my biggest fear was the battery on the cell phone running out! Laugh

How did the plant-life in your yard fare? And any idea as to what happened at the camp? Would the lake have flooded at all? Did you keep most of the water away from the furnace? Etc. etc.?

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Nov 2 2012, 5:12pm

Post #25 of 69 (96 views)
Shortcut
Good to hear from you! [In reply to] Can't Post

OhioHobbit and I have been thinking about you a lot. Glad you survived so well (except for the *unmentionable* soreness). Hope you get your power back soon. Maybe they will get the power on all over NJ sooner than they expect.

We have been thinking about all the people living in the northeast. Hope clean-up and fix-up goes well for everyone.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.