Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Weekly poetry thread.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 1 2012, 3:13pm

Views: 225
Shortcut
Weekly poetry thread. Can't Post

Hello again! It's been wonderful seeing all the poems posted the past couple of weeks, including some old favorites and some that were new to me. Again, the idea is to post one of your favorite poems, either written by someone else or one of your own.

I'll put my offering for this week in a reply post. It's one I learned about just this week, that fits right in with the Day of the Dead today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Subject User Time
Weekly poetry thread. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 3:13pm
    Spirits by Birago Diop Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 3:22pm
    For Witches Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 1 2012, 4:25pm
        I love that! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 4:47pm
        On second reading Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 4:58pm
            I never saw it as a threat Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 1 2012, 5:54pm
    hear and see the rain batik Send a private message to batik Nov 1 2012, 6:31pm
        I like that one Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 1 2012, 7:13pm
        That one's in our hymnal too :-) // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 7:19pm
    The weather and Emily Dickinson... Ciars Send a private message to Ciars Nov 1 2012, 6:53pm
        Oh, my. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 1 2012, 7:21pm
            Apocalyptic... Ciars Send a private message to Ciars Nov 1 2012, 8:41pm
                This came up in my reading today. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 11:46pm
    I found this one on the Internet Archive wendy woo Send a private message to wendy woo Nov 2 2012, 12:13am
        It's like Dorothy Parker for kids :-D Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 2 2012, 5:37pm
    Since I'm going to hear David Whyte tonight Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 2 2012, 4:22pm
        Wow! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 2 2012, 5:35pm
            not this year Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 2 2012, 9:36pm
    RING OF STONE: Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 6:32am
        I"m trying to understand this one. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 2:51pm
            All of my life Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 5:44pm
                I have too! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 8:41pm
                    Fab Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 9:59pm
    Sacred Song Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 6:38am
        It can't drown it out completely, though. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 1:27pm
    Midsummer Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 6:48am
        What fun! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 1:25pm
    Mary Oliver - Wild Geese Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 3 2012, 7:01am
        I love that. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 3 2012, 1:22pm
        reading Wild Geese divine hobbit Send a private message to divine hobbit Nov 8 2012, 3:02am
    The Lanyard divine hobbit Send a private message to divine hobbit Nov 8 2012, 3:05am
        I first heard that one in church. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 8 2012, 4:56am
    The Boys Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 8 2012, 5:19am
        Great! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Nov 8 2012, 1:19pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.