Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Brian Sibley's Official Movie Guide to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (some spoiler pics)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 12:35am

Post #176 of 207 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Great to finally hear who is voicing them [In reply to] Can't Post

now if we only knew if it were Gandalf going to get the arguing and keep them busy until dawn... one can only hopeSmile

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 10:57am

Post #177 of 207 (1492 views)
Shortcut
My little theory was that Ian McKellen would voice them [In reply to] Can't Post

Since he has to replicate their voices. I always imagined that if McKellen could do 3 different voices, then it would be more believable, than seeing him voice words, but having other actor's voices over the top.

I hope it works. Unsure

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Elenorflower
Gondor

Oct 30 2012, 12:32pm

Post #178 of 207 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Sinister through the Looking Glass [In reply to] Can't Post

'He's dreaming now,' said Tweedledee: 'and what do you think he's dreaming about?'
Sinister said 'Nobody can guess that.'
'Why, about you!' Tweedledee exclaimed, clapping his hands triumphantly. 'And if PJ left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?'
'Where I am now, of course,' said Sinister.
'Not you!' Tweedledee retorted contemptuously. 'You'd be nowhere. Why, you're only a sort of thing in his dream!'
'If that there PJ was to wake,' added Tweedledum, 'you'd go out — bang! — just like a candle!'
'I shouldn't!' Sinister exclaimed indignantly. 'Besides, if I'm only a sort of thing in his dream, what are you, I should like to know?'
'Ditto' said Tweedledum.
'Ditto, ditto!' cried Tweedledee
He shouted this so loud that Sinister couldn't help saying, 'Hush! You'll be waking him, I'm afraid, if you make so much noise.'
'Well, it no use your talking about waking him,' said Tweedledum, 'when you're only one of the things in his dream. You know very well you're not real.'
'I am real!' said Sinister and began to cry.
'You won't make yourself a bit realler by crying,' Tweedledee remarked: 'there's nothing to cry about.'
'If I wasn't real,' Sinister said — half-laughing through his tears, it all seemed so ridiculous — 'I shouldn't be able to cry.'
'I hope you don't suppose those are real tears?' Tweedledum interrupted in a tone of great contempt.
'I know they're talking nonsense,' Sinister thought to himself: 'and it's foolish to cry about it.' So he brushed away his tears, and went on as cheerfully as he could.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 2:06pm

Post #179 of 207 (1515 views)
Shortcut
Further spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

I did spot two other spoilers in the Sibley guide - well, one definite one regarding the troll scene, the other in the interview with Barry Humphries which just could have been Humphries' joking around. If not, it's yet another example of PJ's toilet humour and is going to have many throwing up ther hands in disgust...

Which is why I haven't revealed it as yet. I'd like to see what you reckon on it first, DLB!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Oct 30 2012, 4:02pm

Post #180 of 207 (1490 views)
Shortcut
The various interview that have been emerging lately [In reply to] Can't Post

Have convinced me that there will be lots of toilet and gross-out humor in the films, and that they will ultimately be a lot worse than I was expecting. My enthusiasm for the films is at an all-time low.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 6:24pm

Post #181 of 207 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm ... I don't like the sound of the Great Goblin spoiler [In reply to] Can't Post

And I can't imagine others will either. It's Radagast's beard all over again ...

What's the page number for the other one? I haven't read it properly yet.
Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 6:45pm

Post #182 of 207 (1503 views)
Shortcut
What Great Goblin spoiler? Are his pustules constantly popping/oozing or something? // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 6:52pm

Post #183 of 207 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Next Tuesday seems so far away... // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 7:11pm

Post #184 of 207 (1455 views)
Shortcut
You're not far off! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 7:19pm

Post #185 of 207 (1479 views)
Shortcut
p123, Interview with Bifur... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's only a minor thing, but I don't remember it happening in the book!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 8:31pm

Post #186 of 207 (1473 views)
Shortcut
There's a picture of that in the visual companion! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Oct 30 2012, 8:37pm

Post #187 of 207 (1451 views)
Shortcut
I'm not quite sure I understand [In reply to] Can't Post

Why these spoilers are being cryptically referred to, yet not revealed?

The book is not available on this side of the pond yet. So please, do tell what you've read about Bifur and the Great Goblin! Smile

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 8:37pm

Post #188 of 207 (1446 views)
Shortcut
Well then... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll let you do the honours and reveal the spoilers! Smile

(Mind you, surely it has significant impact on how the scene plays out in the book? As in, how can Gandalf start the argument over the best way to cook the Dwarves?)

¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Oct 30 2012, 8:41pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 9:16pm

Post #189 of 207 (1461 views)
Shortcut
It's rare I know something that others do not! [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me enjoy myself for a little longer.Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 9:19pm

Post #190 of 207 (1448 views)
Shortcut
I'm using an iPhone so ill keep it short and sweet [In reply to] Can't Post

The spoilers are:

The Goblin kings throne is also a toilet - there is a hole in it so he can do his business

The 3 Trolls tie up a number of the Dwarves and spit roast them.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 10:06pm

Post #191 of 207 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, SA... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted a second opinion on the Great Goblin because it's hard to be sure it's not a wind-up...

Here's the quote from the interview with Barry Humphries in the Sibley Official Movie Guide:

Of the throne itself, Barry notes: "Theres a hole in the seat, so it is both a throne and a toilet. The Goblin King is, among other things, grossly incontinent so if he hears the call of nature it doesn't need to interrupt his conversation and, from time to time, a beautifully crafted urn beneath the throne receives a compliment of matter from the Goblin King, generally speaking of ill-digested Dwarf."

Bonus spoiler: Barry also goes on to say that he was particularly gratified to discover that the Great Goblin has a song to sing:

"I'm convinced that it will be a huge hit," he says. "It will top the charts, as the young folk would express it. It could even go platinum. It is a song of extreme aggression: a hate-filled number, which the children will enjoy and senior citizens will appreciate. It's entirely about destruction, death and torture. But I try to do it in a sympathetic way. I've tried, as a matter of fact, to bring out the loveable side of my character - although this attempt has been a total failure."

Since the whole tone of the interview is conducted in this vein, I leave it up to our esteemed members to decide whether Mr Humphries is pulling anyone's leg here... Angelic

¯ Victoria Monfort

dave_lf
Gondor

Oct 30 2012, 10:46pm

Post #192 of 207 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Psychic? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Have convinced me that there will be lots of toilet humor

Ha ha ha!

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2012, 1:28am

Post #193 of 207 (1414 views)
Shortcut
Oh I really hope the Goblins DON"T sing [In reply to] Can't Post

bad, bad, Awfully terribly horribly bad idea IMOCrazyMadUnsure

That's one rumor I surely hope is false and in jest

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2012, 2:54am

Post #194 of 207 (1471 views)
Shortcut
smash whip crack [In reply to] Can't Post

But ...they do sing in the novel.

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2012, 2:58am

Post #195 of 207 (1400 views)
Shortcut
I'm not a total purist [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL... Besides I think it takes away from the menacing appearance of the orcs/Goblins IMO. Angelic So that's a change I can live with non singing orcs/goblins

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Oct 31 2012, 3:34am

Post #196 of 207 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Perfectly consistent with PJ's tendency to paint a Mona Lisa [In reply to] Can't Post

And then throw crap all over it!

Here, we have what is to my mind some wonderful news that the goblins will, in fact, sing. Followed by some truly atrocious news that the Great Goblin will (poop) and talk at the same time.

To be perfectly honest, I am not surprised in the least! With Peter Jackson, you usually get both music and feces! Smile

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 31 2012, 6:46pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 31 2012, 7:56am

Post #197 of 207 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Let's hope it is edited out! / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 31 2012, 7:57am

Post #198 of 207 (1401 views)
Shortcut
I think he's being truthful about both spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

But probably exaggerating them slightly. I think it will be interesting to hear the Great Goblin sing, especially if it is "Snap! Clap! The black crack" song.

dave_lf
Gondor

Oct 31 2012, 12:43pm

Post #199 of 207 (1397 views)
Shortcut
"Snap! Clap! The black crack" [In reply to] Can't Post

(which may take on an entirely different meaning)

Fardragon
Rohan

Oct 31 2012, 1:18pm

Post #200 of 207 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Plop! Slop! [In reply to] Can't Post

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.