Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Bridge Direct wave 2

Aragorn22
The Shire

Oct 29 2012, 6:58pm

Post #1 of 13 (573 views)
Shortcut
Bridge Direct wave 2 Can't Post

So over on Twitter they tweeted shots of their current line of figures and i tweeted back to let them know how great i think these figures are. I also asked when can we see wave 2? They tweeted back that wave 2 will be on shelves in Summer! Excited and disappointed at the same time. I was really hoping for wave 2 to come out around december-January. I mean i cant have all the dwarfs till at least Summer! I would have thought they would have the whole group available when the movie was out. i mean that is when kids will be looking for them right? Oh well. Gonna be a long wait...

bgiles73
The Shire

Oct 29 2012, 7:19pm

Post #2 of 13 (392 views)
Shortcut
Long wait :( [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a long wait but it will coincide with the DVD/ Blu Ray release so this is sure to keep sales strong. I read some of Bridge Direct's posts on Facebook and Twitter and they seem optimistic for figures from The LOTR trilogy as well! I would have loved for a second wave to come around January, but after seeing how poorly sales were for Playmates Toy's Star Trek 2009 line I can understand BD's cautious approach.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 29 2012, 7:30pm

Post #3 of 13 (391 views)
Shortcut
Will wave 2 be DOS figures then, I wonder? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or a mixture of AUJ characters, and some new ones?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

DarkJackal
Rohan

Oct 29 2012, 7:43pm

Post #4 of 13 (390 views)
Shortcut
That is a long time! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Mouth_of_Bill_The_Pony

Oct 29 2012, 11:04pm

Post #5 of 13 (385 views)
Shortcut
Definitive [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone have a definitive list of currently available Action figures from The Bridge Direct?

I plan to collect the 6" figures and so far I've spotted the following single figures:

- Bilbo Baggins
- Gandalf
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Legolas Greenleaf
- Tauriel
- Yazneg
- Comic Con 2012 Invisible Bilbo

Yesterday I spotted my first four pack of 6" figures in my local TRUs.

The pack contained:
- Bilbo Baggins
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Legolas Greenleaf
- Tauriel

Anything else out there?

Aragorn22
The Shire

Oct 29 2012, 11:47pm

Post #6 of 13 (403 views)
Shortcut
Wave 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, after thinking about this today, I gotta say I'm kinda pissed in a way. I mean to not have all the dwarfs represented when the movie comes out is almost inexcusable in a way. Now if they were shipping like a few weeks after ok, but your telling me we get one wave in October and then wait at least 7 months for another wave?! Not cool at all. Also, I can't help but think how bad this is from the retail view. No way is one wave gonna keep these in stores till June- July for the next wave. What do you all think?

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 8:33am

Post #7 of 13 (346 views)
Shortcut
That is when they will start releasing trailers and merchandise for DOS though / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Mouth_of_Bill_The_Pony

Oct 30 2012, 9:13am

Post #8 of 13 (379 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps we've not seen all of wave one yet. <he says more in hope than expectation>

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 6:51pm

Post #9 of 13 (384 views)
Shortcut
Cool! IMO, probably more of the Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

and possibly White Council members? I wonder if BD will also release some extras/stock/background characters such as Toy Biz's "Gondorian Ranger" or "Random Uruk" or what what you (probably not, but hey, Star Wars does it all the time)!

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Shagrat
Gondor

Nov 6 2012, 11:08am

Post #10 of 13 (286 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely [In reply to] Can't Post

Bridge Direct have handled this line poorly. They should have focused their resources on one scale and made sure they had at least the 13 Dwarves, Gandalf, Bilbo, Gollum, Elrond, Radagast, Galadriel, Saruman, The Goblin King, The Stone Trolls, Wargs, Eagles, Bolg, Yazneg, Fimbul and Grinnah on shelves between September 2012 and February 2013. Maybe around the time of the DVD release they could release one more wave with some variants of main characters and possibly Azog and some generic troop builders. Then in October 2013 we start seeing the Desolation of Smaug stuff...

Toy Biz knew they had to flood the market while the films were in cinemas. The line only survived about 18 months after this. I very much doubt Bridge will even get the chance to think about making LOTR figures considering they're obviously aiming the line at kids rather than collectors. I know the 6 inch line is aimed at collector's but the quality doesn't come close to Toy Biz's line.

Aragorn22
The Shire

Nov 6 2012, 11:19am

Post #11 of 13 (362 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

They most definitely should have had the whole party, trolls, elrond, out by Jan-Feb. I love the 3 3/4 line but don't see them doing well with just one friggin wave for the movie release, and then followed 7 months later with another wave. Very bizarre handling for sure. Hope I'm wrong and it does well enough to last so we see these figures made.

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 8 2012, 3:41am

Post #12 of 13 (301 views)
Shortcut
So exited [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait! And they're gonna do the lotr trilogy as well! That is great news! Hey did you her there is going to be an azog action figure! So cool!

Erudryt
The Shire

Dec 18 2012, 11:52am

Post #13 of 13 (280 views)
Shortcut
Wave 2 for 6inch ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Does anyone have a definitive list of currently available Action figures from The Bridge Direct?

I plan to collect the 6" figures and so far I've spotted the following single figures:

- Bilbo Baggins
- Gandalf
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Legolas Greenleaf
- Tauriel
- Yazneg
- Comic Con 2012 Invisible Bilbo

Yesterday I spotted my first four pack of 6" figures in my local TRUs.

The pack contained:
- Bilbo Baggins
- Thorin Oakenshield
- Legolas Greenleaf
- Tauriel

Anything else out there

I only know those figures in 6 inch.
And anyone knows if this wave 2 will be for 6inch figures too ?
And do we know if they will show wave 2 during Toy Fair 2013 ?

(This post was edited by Erudryt on Dec 18 2012, 11:53am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.