Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Google Chrome

Nienna
Rohan

Oct 28 2012, 5:00pm

Post #1 of 9 (162 views)
Shortcut
Google Chrome Can't Post

Thanks for fixing the problem logging in with Internet Explorer - works well now.

With Google Chrome however, while the two tick boxes ("Remember Me" & "Don't Use Cookies") are now appearing, I still can't log on - it just hangs. Google Chrome isn't causing me problems on other sites.

Thanks

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 28 2012, 8:05pm

Post #2 of 9 (80 views)
Shortcut
I use Chrome [In reply to] Can't Post

and I don't have any problems.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 28 2012, 8:51pm

Post #3 of 9 (85 views)
Shortcut
For what it's worth [In reply to] Can't Post

I use Google Chrome for everything except this site. The only browser that allows me to use advanced editor (I think it's called that) is clunky old Firefox. I don't know if that has any relevance to your situation though. I can still login with Chrome.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 28 2012, 10:44pm

Post #4 of 9 (59 views)
Shortcut
Hi Nienna! I had a bug [In reply to] Can't Post

in Firefox that I thought was general, but turned out to be a problem that developed just with my computer. When I uninstalled Firefox and downloaded a new "fresh" version, it fixed everything. Maybe this would work with Chrome? Or maybe it's some settings somewhere? Magpie seems to know about this kind of stuff. Hopefully she'll chime in soon.Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 28 2012, 11:00pm

Post #5 of 9 (299 views)
Shortcut
no, this is the side of computers I don't know anything about [In reply to] Can't Post

I use Chrome but I never sign out so I don't have to sign in.

This one will need Altaira's or Inferno's help, I think. At least those are the two I know that do this higher level problem solving. There might be other mods/admins that do, as well.

I will say, my Adobe Illustrator developed a bug I still need to fix. My research suggested that that sort of bug often happens after an update of the operating system and I did a routine update on Thursday. It's possible that if you recently updated your operating system that some incompatibility suddenly developed. But even if that wild guess was right, I wouldn't know how to fix it here. For Illustrator, I have to hunt down a hidden folder of preferences and delete them.

Maybe deleting your cache would help? If you don't know how, google: chrome delete cache. (same thing as 'clear cache', I think). And maybe clear your cookies, too.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 28 2012, 11:01pm)

Nienna
Rohan

Oct 31 2012, 2:13am

Post #6 of 9 (38 views)
Shortcut
Chrome is fine now [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been away for a few days and logged in to see what I've missed. Google Chrome worked beautifully!

I hope all is well with you.

Nienna
Rohan

Oct 31 2012, 2:17am

Post #7 of 9 (72 views)
Shortcut
All is well now [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi - I hope all is well with you and Midgey.

I've been away and now that I've logged in all is well.

I have the day off and am the only person here on the lane. I wonder if it has something to do with how many people are fighting over the networks? I wish I knew more about such things.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 31 2012, 6:07am

Post #8 of 9 (52 views)
Shortcut
That is good news [In reply to] Can't Post

Technology can be so frustrating.
All is well in this neck of the woods. Nice to see you around. Smile

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 1 2012, 2:42am

Post #9 of 9 (129 views)
Shortcut
Glad it's working now! [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be interesting to see if it stays that way when it's a bit busier in your area!Evil

I'm fine--the hurricane barely side-swiped us. No worse than a slightly extra blustery Fall rainstorm.

How are you? I hope the aftershocks are finally leaving you alone.

I still have that picture of your (front? side?) garden on my desktop, for whenever I need some cheering up!SmileSmile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.