Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
United Cutlery Walking axe of Gimli UC1415

Durin's Folk
The Shire

Oct 23 2012, 3:19am

Post #1 of 9 (507 views)
Shortcut
United Cutlery Walking axe of Gimli UC1415 Can't Post

Hi guy's.

I'm new here so I will keep it short. Christmas is coming and I've been looking for this axe for a while now but it is sold out everywhere. I've been looking on ebay Canada but there are only 2 and are way overpriced ($699). So if any of you guy's have one and want to get rid of it, send me an e-mail with an offer at emmanuelao10@hotmail.com

P.S: here's a vid so you can see how beautiful that baby is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcZdtRULAE

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 23 2012, 6:59am

Post #2 of 9 (273 views)
Shortcut
Have you done many google searches? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know anything about Canadian customs, but is it easy to buy something from a US site, and have it shipped to Canada?

One of the first links I found was this. And there are plenty of other websites. Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Durin's Folk
The Shire

Oct 23 2012, 2:58pm

Post #3 of 9 (254 views)
Shortcut
the thing is... [In reply to] Can't Post

many U.S sites don't ship to Canada and those who do ship with UPS or other private shipping companies who charge extra S&H for border crossing. So you have to pay an extra $50 + the taxes which here in Qubec end up being around 17% of the total price.

"But a small dark figure that none had observed sprang out of the shadows and gave a hoarse shout: 'Baruk Khazd! Khazd ai-mnu!' An axe swung and swept back. Two Orcs fell headless. The rest fled."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 23 2012, 3:03pm

Post #4 of 9 (256 views)
Shortcut
It's a shame, isn't it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Buying abroad is sometime cheaper (for me in the UK), even after P&P. UK customs are very funny about importing swords though.

I'll carry on searching for you. Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 23 2012, 3:16pm

Post #5 of 9 (273 views)
Shortcut
You might try the good folks at Reliks [In reply to] Can't Post

Reliks is a Canadian sword dealer located in London Ontario. They carried Gimli's Walking Axe back when it was current (listing)and might know of someone wanting to unload one for a reasonable price.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Oct 23 2012, 3:16pm)

Durin's Folk
The Shire

Oct 23 2012, 3:44pm

Post #6 of 9 (250 views)
Shortcut
One thing I'm wondering... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm wondering if united cutlery will do another set of this axe as an Hobbit film collectible. Gloin is the one who carries this axe and then gives it to his son Gimli. They did this with the sword of Gandalf (Glamdring).

"But a small dark figure that none had observed sprang out of the shadows and gave a hoarse shout: 'Baruk Khazd! Khazd ai-mnu!' An axe swung and swept back. Two Orcs fell headless. The rest fled."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 23 2012, 3:50pm

Post #7 of 9 (271 views)
Shortcut
And the inscription-less Sting [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's probably likely Durin's Folk. Smile

GondorsFinest

Oct 30 2012, 1:10am

Post #8 of 9 (263 views)
Shortcut
i would try... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried ebay? I think you could find one there for a reasonable price.

LastoftheRohirrim
The Shire

Nov 21 2012, 5:47am

Post #9 of 9 (377 views)
Shortcut
Gimli Walking Axe [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is UC Walking Axe of Gimli on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNITED-CUTLERY-LOTR-OF-THE-RINGS-WALKING-AXE-OF-GIMLI-1-1-SCALE-PROP-REPLICA-/160925516858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2577e8843a

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.