Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Anyone remember those old Interplay CPU games?

aruman
Rivendell

Oct 20 2012, 7:25pm

Post #1 of 3 (449 views)
Shortcut
Anyone remember those old Interplay CPU games? Can't Post

Those were awesome! I really miss them...and was heartbroken that they never made ROTK...but man I used to play those for hours on end! Tons of side quests and stuff, but yet fairly true to the plot (except for the end of FOTR, where you have to rescue Frodo from Dol Guldur).

In the movies Elrond, Denethor, Haldir, Galadriel, and Celeborn stink.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Oct 21 2012, 2:37pm

Post #2 of 3 (326 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR was mesmerising (and huge). I loved it. Also, the music in the Shire was so great, IMO, that I secretly hoped a version of it would make it into the films. TTT was also very good, though I don't remember it being as immersive as the first one.

aruman
Rivendell

Oct 21 2012, 6:27pm

Post #3 of 3 (349 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I honestly can't remember the Shire music from FOTR, I'll see if I can find a clip on youtube.

TTT was good too, I thought, and in TTT I especially loved the music. Each group of the original Fellowship had their own "theme" song, and the music played when you were Merry and Pippin in Fangorn was amazing.

FOTR did seem to have more sidequests and room for exploration. The other "problem" was my version of TTT came with a hint book, which, being a kid, I pretty much followed from the get-go, taking some of the fun out of the game, but a great game nonetheless!

I can still vividly imagine that "OHH!" guys make when they die LOL

In the movies Elrond, Denethor, Haldir, Galadriel, and Celeborn stink.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.